according to ATL radio station lane Kiffin

I'm a big Gary Patterson fan, but Oklahoma had almost 400 yards of offense against TCU in the first half this year.

This year wasn't their best showing, I'll admit. But I like what Patterson has done at TCU with so-so talent.

I don't want Cutcliffe anywhere near Knoxville again, either. 10-4 should not be the norm. Hell, neither should 11-3.

That's as far as Mumme ball will take anyone. Short of another Peyton Manning, you are putting too much on the shoulders of a qb, and there is none that can play that way week in and out in the SEC with it's speed.

Considering recent events, 11-3 sounds like heaven!

I dread the idea of Cutcliffe being hired as HC, and doubt it would ever happen.

Hell. It sounds like Muschamp is going to clemson. That's the rumblings.

Hiring Cutcliffe or anyone with any ties to this current staff as the HC would be the biggest mistake since taking so long to get rid of Phil...we need a completely new staff with a big ass drawing board...Al Wilson should be a must on the defensive staff!

No, you didn't come right out and say you "liked Saban", but you made a point about Bama being ranked #2. Given UT's struggles, and Saturday night's result, it sounded a lot like an endorsement.

Yes, he is at Bama. Make the money right, and he's wearing orange tomorrow.

Maybe I did read too much into your comment. On blogs, we are known by our words. I've made bad posts. Nothing I've ever read that you posted, before that one, raised my hackles. This one did. Point made. Not my place to throw the first stone.

I'll be the first to say that Saban can coach. I'll concede MSU, but go ask LSU and Miami fans what he said right before he left. Ask them if they would welcome him back. Wear a raincoat when you do it.

Nick Saban is clearly a good coach, perhaps even a great one. I just have a problem with a "gypsy" as head coach at UT, which Nick Saban clearly is.

We need another Pearl. There's one out there. We just have to find him.

Florida did. So can we.

go vols.

Of course I may be a little bias, but I think Nick Saban is a much better person than most of the media makes him out to be.

Nick's Kids Fund - Home

Nick, Terry Saban donate $1 million for first-generation scholarships at... - Alabama Crimson Tide, College Football

I don't think Saban is evil or whatever, the man just changed his mind about the Bama job, big deal. I just wish he was wearing orange:)

I sincerely wish your team the best. I think Fulmer is a good guy (not saying I'm a fan), but it does seem he has lost his "mojo". At times, I even feel bad for him and his family. I think him resigning as HC and taking another position within the system is best for all involved.

I sincerely wish your team the best. I think Fulmer is a good guy (not saying I'm a fan), but it does seem he has lost his "mojo". At times, I even feel bad for him and his family. I think him resigning as HC and taking another position within the system is best for all involved.

Thank you for the kind words:hi:

Good luck to you

According to what Josh Ward and John Pennington today theyconfirmed a callers question that Lane Kiffin and his agent were questioned as to their interest in the Tennessee Job. You Know I don't hate that! Iobviously want to dream and say Gruden (highly unlikely) Or even Pay Money grabbers like Saban $1 more than he is making at Alabama. Jimmy hyams said he doesn"t have a buyout clause in his contract that either party school or him could terminate contract anytime!

the biggest compliment you could give us bama fans is showing a desparate desire for OUR coach. Leaving BAMA and Going to tn would be a step down in every way. Stick with cutcliff and the likes!!:moon2:

it seems tennessee may be out of business in less than 2 years.:birgits_giggle:

I can't believe that people actually think Saban would leave Bama for UT...that's not a knock on us but why would he leave Bama for anyone?

Saban will not leave Bama for the NFL again...this will be his last job. Saban is a very intense individual, his staff doesn't stay around long because of this but he continually surrounds himself with the best coaches. To my knowledge he never mislead MSU...he might have LSU to a degree but let's face it, Miama handed him the keys to the organization and Saban realized real quick what a mistake he made. Whats he supposed to do...tell Miami that he's leaving before he's even offered the job.

Off the field the guy is actually very humble...there was a great piece done on him I believe on Real Sports...he's a nice guy...just intense beyond belief when it comes to football. Heck in that piece it was almost like he dreaded coaching because he knows the intensity it takes out of him...he seemed like he'd rather be fishing somewhere. I say the guy coaches at Bama for 10 years and retires.

One thing that is funny though...Nick while he was at MSU was one of the coaches that turned Bama in for recruiting violations...hehe.

Vols should lay out the cash for Gruden.

If Kiffin comes here and brings his dad, i will be a very happy man

VN Store

Back