After the LSU loss, did anyone...

On some of these threads, I start reading as if the thread was started yesterday and then I see the date and I feel worse then after the LSU game.

Music city bowl, Mt cody game and this game broke my heart.

honestly I was OK..I turned off the radio before the penalty and didn't find out about it until later..the 2001 LSU game was a kick in the gut to me..that one cost us a chance for another NC

WTF bucket of light bulbs?
tumblr_muiwt2seKt1rknewvo1_1280.jpg

Today, I told a buddy of mine about the infamous bucket of lightbulbs, and he sent me an image from GOOGLE... VN, we have arrived.

Google "Bucket of Lightbulbs" and click on image...my favorite is the stack of cash next to a bucket of lightbulbs.

Reactions: 1 person
Me and my then Girlfriend now wife was at the game. Had tickets on the 50 yard line. after we lost i was just sitting there looking at the field like wtf just happen. My Girlfriend was like you want to go and i was just staring at the field shaking my head.

That's a heck of a bump.

My uncle is not an affectionate man. He's standoffish and quiet. He lives in Austin, and that day he met my sister and me at Death Valley. He, my sister, and I were sitting on the top row of the stadium that day. When we "won," the three of us, along with the rest of the section, went nuts. This was the most exuberant I've ever seen my uncle. He was screaming and laughing and high-fiving. That was the only time he's hugged me. When they overturned the call and LSU scored, he sighed, shrugged, and said, "Damn. Okay, see y'all later." No hug, no handshake, no 'love y'all,' no 'tell your dad hey.' He walked away and drove back to Austin as my sister and I sat in silence until our section cleared out. Weird. That night, she and I went to New Orleans and Frenchman Street.

Btw, bucket of lightbulbs had me rolling, that's gold.

Last edited:
I actually had a similar story after the loss to OU last year. I was at my inlaws house who has having a viewing party with all of their friends. I was the bar tender for all of the men there (about 6-8). Everytime I made someone a drink, I made myself one too. I blacked out at some point during the 4th quarter, and a woke up in the morning halfway inside a washing machine with 3 different kinds of cereal and half a gallon of almond milk poured out inside. It's no bucket of lightbulbs, but hey, it happens.

I actually had a similar story after the loss to OU last year. I was at my inlaws house who has having a viewing party with all of their friends. I was the bar tender for all of the men there (about 6-8). Everytime I made someone a drink, I made myself one too. I blacked out at some point during the 4th quarter, and a woke up in the morning halfway inside a washing machine with 3 different kinds of cereal and half a gallon of almond milk poured out inside. It's no bucket of lightbulbs, but hey, it happens.

lord knows what happen between the blackout and waking up in the washing machine! sounds like an epic night lol

You'll hear that one for a few years...:)

Got in a fight with 2 drunk LSU fans on the train. The worst part of that night was knowing at halftime we were going to get beat.

Many years ago, I woke up with some chili in my pants pocket, but I can't remember if it was football season.

I was on my bachelor party during the OU game last year and was absolutely smashed. We had all been drinking since the AM. When Dobbs threw that pick in OT I picked up and destroyed a wooden kitchen table chair in a very, very nice hotel room (think The Hangover villa). The hotel was not pleased, as I was charged a $500 damage bill. First and only time I have or will do something like that. I didn't even remember I did it.

Last edited:
Is this the game where we had them stopped and they got an additional play and scored? The Dooley fiasco? I just had a absolute feeling of disgust combined with outrage. Then, too, I think I blamed a voodoo curse, a possible Fulmer curse, or the curse of Dracula.

My best recall is my same reaction every time the Vols lose. I open our front window or door and jump to my doom. This is why wifey requires we live in ranch style homes with a basement the past 20 or so years. The LSU loss resulted in a sprained ankle and my sleeping in the hedges until our little dog peed on my foot and woke me up a couple of hours later.

I pondered how it was possible to screw up the last play of a game worse than he did. I came up with a few scenarios that may be worse: Earth swallows the entire stadium except the LSU team and they score; CDD took a nap on the sideline and allowed a drunk LSU fan to coach the final play (which in hindsight may not have been that bad).

VN Store

Back