After the LSU loss, did anyone...

Almost punched things, but decided against it. I went with the "sit on the couch sulking for 30 minutes" method. I've perfected it over the years.

Walked out the door after the win and called my best friend (another UT fan) to celebrate. Then he hung up when the call was made, so I jumped in the truck and had to listen to the last play on the radio.

For me I was screaming and everything after we won, I was afraid I'd get a noise compliant issued I was so loud. I walked into my dad's room and was celebrating then I saw the refs huddling and I let loose some choice words, especially after the call was announced. Walked back into my room and started pacing and once they screwed I just started cussing to myself and at the TV. Needless to say I spent much of that night alone in my room pissed off at the word. I also lost my voice and my heart was physically broken.

What sucked even worse was my Titans lost too in the final 2 minutes of the game. Let's just say my football weekend last week was a royal screw up.

I slapped the couch, ate some chicken strips/green beans/cornbread ,then pummeled my wife, mother -in-law and father-in-law at mexian train dominoes.

eh, thats pretty sad....except for the food.

after the game, we went back to new orleans and drank even more that night than the night before to cure some of the pain.

I couldn't break anything. I was at my cousins wedding. I was able to watch most of the 4th quarter at the bar where the reception was being held. The last play happened, CBS put the score up as final and we left. I texted my friend "f*** yeah!" He texted back, "Care to rephrase that." and another friend texted "Too soon? Fail"....and that's how I found out that we lost.

I was watching the game at a spa in Santa Fe...I simply sighed and had another drink...and avoided watching SportsCenter, as I knew we would be abused...

I have been know to put my fist through a few walls and doors. However after this game I was speechless. I didnt call my brother, which is what I normaly do, or say anything really for about 2 hours. I had a couple beers and cleared my mind of the game. I tried to watch some of the Bama UF game but I couldnt watch football the rest of the day..feeling sick about that game didnt wear off until Monday,

When the official called UT for having too many men on the field I proceeded to sling the remote across the room and it went into the fireplace. I figured it was broken, but when I retrieved it, it was working just fine.

Not long after that, LSU ran it in for the winning TD, and if once wasn't enough, the remote once again became airbourne headed towards the fireplace. Only this time I was a tad high and it slammed into the wall right above the mantle leaving a small hole. The remote actually still works, so I have to hand it to Directv, because these things are much more resilient than they used to be. And, luckily for me, I've become quite efficient with spackle and a putty knife. I even had some leftover paint from where I had painted the whole LR not long ago. So a little over 24 hrs later, it's almost as if nothing happened.

Now if Directv could just invent a foam remote...

Been awhile since I saw anybody mention the bucket of light bulbs, so I just couldnt help myself. GO VOLS.

----UPDATE-----
The bedroom door is replaced but the bucket of lightbulbs didn't make it :closedeyes:

My hand is healed from punching a brick column. I rode a bike down to the local pub, got tanked, and walked it back home. I still managed to fall down though.

My gf has threatened to never watch the games with me again if I don't curb my anger. My friends call me the Orange Monster.

Said some pretty ugly words...had to be careful though my young cousin was in the room.

I just said "Of course" when they called the players back to play another down. I am/was used to our team, and fans being nut-punched on a game by game basis.
Our luck, and winning ways HAVE to return one year, or decade at this damn rate.

do anything to really get in trouble with Wife, Husband, Boyfriend, Girlfriend, parents, etc?

I broke the bedroom door (punched it open).
then in my rage I knocked over a bucket full of lightbulbs.

My wife was thriled!!!

I got in huge trouble with my wife. We were getting ready to go out and she was upstairs getting ready. I was watching the game with our smokin' hot babysitter who was in her last year of college - and I'm talking Victoria's Secret catalog caliber too! Saw the last play thinking we had won the game and I jumped up yelling with the ole fist pump. Our babysitter jumped on me and threw her arms around my neck and we proceeded to fall all over the den yelling and screaming. Let me just say that she has known us for a while and is very sweet and touchy. So, we came crashing down on the couch and realized we were in a very awkward moment only made worse by two facts: ONE - the play was being reviewed and eventually overturned and TWO - my wife had come down the stairs at the precise moment we were flailing about the den. I got up and tried to play it cool like I was waaay more concerned about the fact that our coaching staff can't count but the ole spousal unit wasn't having any of it. There wasn't enough alcohol on the planet that night....

Reactions: 2 people
I got in huge trouble with my wife. We were getting ready to go out and she was upstairs getting ready. I was watching the game with our smokin' hot babysitter who was in her last year of college - and I'm talking Victoria's Secret catalog caliber too! Saw the last play thinking we had won the game and I jumped up yelling with the ole fist pump. Our babysitter jumped on me and threw her arms around my neck and we proceeded to fall all over the den yelling and screaming. Let me just say that she has known us for a while and is very sweet and touchy. So, we came crashing down on the couch and realized we were in a very awkward moment only made worse by two facts: ONE - the play was being reviewed and eventually overturned and TWO - my wife had come down the stairs at the precise moment we were flailing about the den. I got up and tried to play it cool like I was waaay more concerned about the fact that our coaching staff can't count but the ole spousal unit wasn't having any of it. There wasn't enough alcohol on the planet that night....

:lolabove:

Reactions: 1 person
One of the greatest stories I have ever read on VN

Story of the year imo.

Epic story. Whoa.

I was sitting in a pizza place (bellas in abingdon va if anyone has been) and I jumped up in excitement only to refresh the score about 1.5 minutes later and then I just about cried
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back