Ainge opens up about his dislike for Hamilton

IMO Ainge seems to be a pretty good dude. I also think he was one of the better QBs we've had since Peyton.

He should be because there haven't been that many since Peyton and some of them have been awful at times, yet he sits in the middle.

Starting QBs since Peyton(at least 11 games)
Tee Martin
Casey Clausen
Eric Ainge
Jonathon Crompton
Tyler Bray

You could also include Rick Clausen who started close to 11 games

Now that I have actually put them in front of my face, I don't know that Ainge is in the middle. That would be as far as you could put him in any case

Ainge is talking about a conversation he had with Hamilton his sophomore year. Said Hamilton approached him cryptically about a coaching change in 2005.

did Hamilton cryptically tell Ainge to throw an interception a year later in the SEC Championship game

Ainge is pro-Fulmer almost to a fault.

Did the conversation actually happen? Who knows? I think that he has a better outlook on the Hammy Fulmer relationship than any most of us though since I'm sure he witnessed some behind the scenes stuff while he was there.

He should be pro-Fulmer since Fulmer is the one that prematurely anointed him the starter after one good half against Florida. I believe to this day we would have won more games with Shaeffer at the helm. Ainge folded up like a chaise lounge in big moments.

Perhaps Ainge should open up about his need to dislike drinking and driving.

He should be pro-Fulmer since Fulmer is the one that prematurely anointed him the starter after one good half against Florida. I believe to this day we would have won more games with Shaeffer at the helm. Ainge folded up like a chaise lounge in big moments.

No moreso than Bray did. At least Ainge was able to lead the team at the end (USC 07, UK 07, UF 04).

No moreso than Bray did. At least Ainge was able to lead the team at the end (USC 07, UK 07, UF 04).

I agree 100%. Regardless of the Qb situation right now, I believe we'll be much better off at the end of games now that Bray is gone.

I think he was responding to the perinneal douche John Adams' article in the GVE. He basically was praising Hammy and Derrick Dooley. That alone should awaken any snoozer ITT. But, truthfully, he was telling a story about how Hammy approached him to get his input on a coaching change and what kind of coach he would want. I mean, who does that? Who goes to a kid and asks him about something that big? Who puts a kid on the spot like that? I'll tell you. Hamilton. Hamilton didn't want Fulmer around and he took away every resource that CPF had to bring him down. Kind of like Major League where they made the team travel on buses, stuff like that. Then, he gives an open checkbook to a snot nosed punk who damn near put this program in a place we'd never get out.

That's what he was talking about. I think some people need to put their naive opinions aside and listen to what some people who know way more on the subject at hand. I think Eric's show is pretty good, with the exception of the commercials and some of the arrogance, but in all, it's all we got.

What's sad is that instead of attacking what Ainge said people want to attack him personally by bringing up his addiction issue. Pretty petty if you ask me. What does his drug history have to do with his statement on Hamilton. Help me connect those dots.

Reactions: 4 people
Stupid thread is stupid. Can someone explain all the Ainge hate going on around here? I listen to TSR every once in a while and I enjoy his insights. What am I missing?

Reactions: 1 person
Stupid thread is stupid. Can someone explain all the Ainge hate going on around here? I listen to TSR every once in a while and I enjoy his insights. What am I missing?

Please explain the "insights". Ainge and JayBay are Beavis and Butthead on the radio.

Actually 2005 was a good year to make a change because we could've gotten Spurrier when he got fired by the Redskins, and probably would have won a SECC or two by now.

Somebody save this one for future analysis...it's too much Grape Stomping Lady Falls On Face...to do immediately :)
Posted via VolNation Mobile

so he randomly brings it up 7 years later. Maybe he was high and formed his own code.
Bouquet toss on 1, break!

It's probably a follow up from the article where Fulmer said the UTFB downfall was mainly due to higher up admin. Changing presidents every year or 2, and people like Hamilton not having a clue how to do their job. I agree with him. He could have really torched Hamilton & it would have been deserved but he was classy.

Skill wise Ainge may have been a tick better, heart wise is wasnt even close though.

Not hating on Tee, but no UT QB in program history had a better situation and his struggles almost screwed up the first two games in 1998. If Ainge had Tee's defenses, he probably has two SEC titles.

VN Store

Back