Ainge to Jets

I said same coach was around and compared their late round draft status. That is all.

I'm thinking he could have gone to a better situation for his style. Chicago and Carolina in particular, and I thought maybe even an outside chance at Indy.

He'll do ok, but only in a system where he's allowed to read and throw timing routes like he did in Kville.

I saw an interesting comparison to (a slightly less awkward) Bernie Kosar recently online somewhere. That would be interesting. Kosar was a cerebral QB who managed games and made things happen even though he wasn't the ideal NFL athelete. . . .

im just glad hes not a free agent. if hefney and brown can go somewhere that would be great as well. i look at where our players are drafted in relation to our recruiting. it seems they are tied together somehow and in convincing kids to come play for us. I have learned its all one viscious cycle this year. best wished to erik though!

Congrats to Erik!!! I have stated numerous times he reminds me of T. Green when he came out of IU, just needs the right place and some seasoning to prosper. My main concern are the expectations of Jets fans, almost as rabid as us VOLS!

Congrats Eric!!...He's got a good chance up there with thsoe worthless excuses for QB's they have up there...I wish him the very best!!

I'm thinking he could have gone to a better situation for his style. Chicago and Carolina in particular, and I thought maybe even an outside chance at Indy.

I would've liked to see him at Carolina and think it's a good situation for him there, but I'm glad he was drafted nonetheless. Still cannot figure out why Carolina didn't go for a QB. Guess they are satisfied with Delhomme and the backup Moore.

This is about as good of a location he could have hoped for in my opinion. He's fine with the media and won't worry about all of that crap. He'll be able to contend for a spot and if he sticks around he'll have a shot. They obviously aren't stable at QB and it's just a great scenario I think.

I agree with this assessment. I don't think Erik is nearly as affected by the media and fans as most seem to think. And the Jets are a great situation for a rookie QB right now -- especially one of Erik's capabilities. He'll probably be the most popular guy around, knowing the Jets fans.

I don't think this is the best place for EA but far from the worst. The jets don't have the weapons that imo EA needs to really shine. Having said that they do have some guys that are playmakers (Coles and Cotchery). They also have a very talented TE in Franks a little long in the tooth but still very good. As far as QB depth EA will be the biggest guy on the roster with a strong accurate arm he can push his way up the depth chart and maybe be the no. 2 guy and with the way Pennington gets hurt and his age 31 or 32 I think the Jets might be thinking thats it's time to look for another QB. So if a couple things go his way he could make a big impact for the Jets.:eek:k:

actually they are very underweight, it might be related to the Jets recent success or lack thereof

VN Store

Back