Ainge to Jets

I don't think this is the best place for EA but far from the worst. The jets don't have the weapons that imo EA needs to really shine. Having said that they do have some guys that are playmakers (Coles and Cotchery). They also have a very talented TE in Franks a little long in the tooth but still very good. As far as QB depth EA will be the biggest guy on the roster with a strong accurate arm he can push his way up the depth chart and maybe be the no. 2 guy and with the way Pennington gets hurt and his age 31 or 32 I think the Jets might be thinking thats it's time to look for another QB. So if a couple things go his way he could make a big impact for the Jets.:eek:k:

The only weapons Erika will need to be successful are WRs that can run 4 yard routes or people in the first 12 rows who like to catch a lot of balls......

This is a good situation for Ainge--the jets need QB help, big-time. Whether Ainge can take advantage, I'm not so sure. His big weakness, IMO, is that he panics under pressure--and that's a bad quality in the NFL. He'll have to make good, quick decisions, deliver the ball accurately, or he won't last long.

i wouldn't get too excited, they already have 4 QB's on their roster, and they won't keep more than three. don't expect him to survive the first cut in camp.

i wouldn't get too excited, they already have 4 QB's on their roster, and they won't keep more than three. don't expect him to survive the first cut in camp.

have you really taken a good look at the qbs on their roster? aside from pennington, there's not a proven guy on there. i really don't know why they have clemens starting right now. i guess they just got tired of pennington getting injured all the time.

The only weapons Erika will need to be successful are WRs that can run 4 yard routes or people in the first 12 rows who like to catch a lot of balls......

You think the coaches were against him throwing the ball away? No he was told to get rid of it rather than take a sack. The dink and dunk style we played could not recover from taking an 8 yard loss on a sack. One sack meant we were going to have to punt. I think that this shows that he is coachable.:salute:

Any other team and I would agree. I think he'll be able to hang on for the clipboard/ practice squad job after Clemens wins the job.........nothing more than that though.

EA has all the tools to make it in the NFL. You may be very surprised at where his career is in three years.:)

Way to go Erik! Too bad he didn't go before John David Booty. I think Booty is overrated. Ainge looked much better in the Senior Bowl. I predict Ainge has a better NFL career too.

Giants Stadium still have turf? If it does then well that isn't good for Erik.

Anyway seriously I've given Ainge a hard time on here. Mostly because I think he plays soft and isn't a leader, but that's another discussion for another day.

The media doesn't effect Ainge as much as Ainge effects Ainge. It seems like the first sign of troubles it would just all fall apart. As much as everyone likes to get on here and pat Cutcliffe and Ainge on the back for this let's throw it out of bounds and we'll get them on the next down.

Well, that crap doesn't fly in the NFL, if you can't make a read and get a first down then they are going to find someone who will. There isn't any UAB's, Memphis', UNLV's, Air Force's in the NFL. Each week your playing some big daddies.

With all that said, Ainge, physically is fine. If he gets his dome straight and gets a little moxy I could possibly see him playing some kind of Trent Dilfer role on a Super Bowl team. I just don't think he'll ever lead a team to the promised land he will just try not to mess it up.

VN Store

Back