AJ's Tweet?

Thought AJ was one of our best players on D. Guess I was wrong.

All this bashing because he has a little confidence.

That being said, I'm not feeling a win on Sat. but I can't blame AJ if he wants to have a little confidence.

Last edited:

That being said, I'm not feeling a win on Sat. but I can't blame AJ if he wants to have a little confidence.

But that's just it, he shouldn't be confident. He's slow and he sucks. I mean, the guy is probably only going to get drafted in the second round. And we all know second round draft picks are horrible football players.

Amirite?

This was just a witty comment to his teammate as they discussed the game. If these guys can't say something like this without getting crucified, we have no chance of team chemistry developing ( this is part of what makes a team "jell").
He's not standing in a press conference saying the Ducks "suck" and UT is gonna win the Natty. Just friendly banter driven by exactly the type of attitude you want from your team before a big game.

Reactions: 1 person

The people that have a problem with this are people that don't have confidence in themselves.

Last edited:
In your eyes it probably is which is why you have middle management written all over you.

So you are saying that CBJ likes his player's talking smack?

Please keep in mind that CBJ has shown himself to be a no-nonsense hard nosed football coach.

Please name for me which top college football coaches actually want their players creating bulletin board material for their opposition.

Please keep in mind that CBJ has shown himself to be a no-nonsense hard nosed football coach.

Please name for me which top college football coaches actually want their players creating bulletin board material for their opposition.

I just re-read my post and apparently I said none of this. Where you got that I did is a mystery to me. What are they saying that constitutes as smack to you? That they believe they can win? What else are they suppose to say?

'Well, if we can keep it within 20, it will be a good moral victory. We are flying out there to give it the ole college try!'

I like that they are pissed off and have a chip on their shoulder going out there. May keep them in the game for a quarter or 2 until the adrenaline wears off. After that who knows? That's why they play the games on the field. Last I checked there have been a lot of upsets in the history of sports. So yes it can happen. But for it to happen the minimum requirement is self confidence. So no, I have no problem with what AJ or anyone else has said on twitter.

AJ's Tweet >>>> "Speed is no factor when it's on the ground"

This tweet is definitely bulletin board material for the ducks. Regardless of which side of the aisle you are sitting on, the tweet is "smack" talk.

I just re-read my post and apparently I said none of this. Where you got that I did is a mystery to me. What are they saying that constitutes as smack to you? That they believe they can win? What else are they suppose to say?

'Well, if we can keep it within 20, it will be a good moral victory. We are flying out there to give it the ole college try!'

I like that they are pissed off and have a chip on their shoulder going out there. May keep them in the game for a quarter or 2 until the adrenaline wears off. After that who knows? That's why they play the games on the field. Last I checked there have been a lot of upsets in the history of sports. So yes it can happen. But for it to happen the minimum requirement is self confidence. So no, I have no problem with what AJ or anyone else has said on twitter.

my posts in this thread have only dealt with AJ's tweet not how the Vols will do against Oregon.

Bulletin board material? What is Oregon going to do, run faster??

I guess we need to trash talk our guys into running 4.3's in that case, if it's that easy.

They are #2 in the nation and have the media hyping them like none other, they aren't looking for bulletin board material.

We hear what you say. We trust what you do.

I'm supporting AJ if he can do what he says he can do.

We will see on Saturday.

my posts in this thread have only dealt with AJ's tweet not how the Vols will do against Oregon.

Smh. AJ's tweet about how we will do against .......wait for it......Oregon?

Feel free to step away from this discussion at any time.

I'm all for confidence, and I don't mind a little smack ... but smack talking is so much more effective after you've actually done something.

Otherwise, you're just the little shrimp on the street court talking stuff who politely gets dunked on, dismissed, and run off the court.

Lets beat somebody down who matters for once in I don't know how many years before we start making proclamations.

I'm a guest on your board, and you guys have been great, so please don't take offense to this but..........

We are 49-7 in the last 4 years. If it was that easy, why doesn't every one just follow the blueprint Auburn set(same one Stanford used) and beat the Ducks? Just sayin.............:good!:

Very hard schedule you guys had past four years! :eek:lol:

If trash talking really did help to motivate teams then we should have crushed Florida under Spurrier all those years ago.

I'm a guest on your board, and you guys have been great, so please don't take offense to this but..........

We are 49-7 in the last 4 years. If it was that easy, why doesn't every one just follow the blueprint Auburn set(same one Stanford used) and beat the Ducks? Just sayin.............:good!:

Hey, I for one know you guys are bad to the bone. A buddy of mine in Eugene sent me a photo of Oregon's accolades to prove it.

Attachments

• oregontrophycaseilovemy.jpg
    oregontrophycaseilovemy.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 0

Name me a college a football coach that doesn't want he's players to feel confident that they can win every game?

VN Store

Back