'25 AL EDGE Jared Smith

Not just read, but you’re right. I’m a coach in the area
This happens sometimes with this staff. A kid comes off a visit and says he loved the visit, but the coaches get the reports from the player's on the team and they back off immediately. Kids tend to show who they really are around their peers, and these coaches trust what the player's have to say about recruits.

This happens sometimes with this staff. A kid comes off a visit and says he loved the visit, but the coaches get the reports from the player's on the team and they back off immediately. Kids tend to show who they really are around their peers, and these coaches trust what the player's have to say about recruits.
...and that's awesome because it makes our players responsible for maintaining and building the team culture.

Sounds like we moved on for whatever reason. I’m guessing measurables.
Like what? He looks every bit of the 6’6” 235 he’s listed at. The only thing I can imagine if we moved on is a bidding war we don’t like or not being a personality fit somehow as possibly found out by other players/recruits but that’s also hearsay that we would likely never actually hear the details of. Recruiting is Strange, and fluid.

Like what? He looks every bit of the 6’6” 235 he’s listed at. The only thing I can imagine if we moved on is a bidding war we don’t like or not being a personality fit somehow as possibly found out by other players/recruits but that’s also hearsay that we would likely never actually hear the details of. Recruiting is Strange, and fluid.
AP said specifically it wasn’t a character issue. So that’s why I went where I went. Who knows.

AP said specifically it wasn’t a character issue. So that’s why I went where I went. Who knows.
Well now I’m even more curious. Any idea what’s involved in these official visits as far as measurables and assessments? Do they do a full physical and athletic drills? Drug test? Psych eval?

PS thanks for bringing the nuggets/intel

Reactions: ChiTownVol
Well now I’m even more curious. Any idea what’s involved in these official visits as far as measurables and assessments? Do they do a full physical and athletic drills? Drug test? Psych eval?

Nothing like that.

Meet with coaches, training staff, tour of campus and facilities, maybe meet with academic adviser, at least that’s what it used to be. I’m sure there’s more bells and whistles now as far as meeting with NILs and all the social media experiences etc.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Yeah.

I remember quite a few on here were saying the same crap about Ross for a very long time this time last year.

Sounds like we moved on for whatever reason. I’m guessing measurables.
No.
But his whole damn family is in that picture 🤔

Maybe his family is unreasonably money hungry…
Which is making him bring up that bidding war.
And that wouldn’t be a character issue…

No.
But his whole damn family is in that picture 🤔

Maybe his family is unreasonably money hungry…
Which is making him bring up that bidding war.
And that wouldn’t be a character issue…
Something weird for sure. Likely we’ll never know. I feel like the coaches would’ve known about physical measurables etc before he came in. Usually there is only a few things that makes a team just move on like this.

My guess is that the Cocks have a major overpay offer on the table for him and we aren’t going to come close to matching it. Not when we’re in great shape with Gibson Shanklin Grady Dye.

My guess is that the Cocks have a major overpay offer on the table for him and we aren’t going to come close to matching it. Not when we’re in great shape with Gibson Shanklin Grady Dye.
That makes a lot of sense. UT has higher guys on the their board than Smith that they are in good positions with as of now. Hopefully, we're getting to see more and more instances where UT will be having to pick between elite players at every position and some will end up elsewhere.

VN Store

Back