'25 AL EDGE Jared Smith

I'm not questioning the defensive line/edge recruiting and development. Auburn is a train wreck and he visited several times so I thought we would have kicked the tires. I didn't know we moved on from him
Yeah I'm not saying you're questioning the coaches. Sorry if it came out that way. We could sit here and speculate why we've backed off (wants more NIL, didn't gel with the current team, told the coaches that he's not interested), but I just wanted to express that DL is the least of my concerns in recruiting. That's it

I believe it was more or less reported this was one where he came on his official visit amongst a few dline prospects and the players/commits determined he wasn’t a culture fit and so the coaches didnt pursue further.
AP specifically said it wasn’t a character issue. I guess it could still be a fit issue. Some others had speculated his measurables could be the issue. Whatever the reason I think we can safely say the staff has a good idea about who fits best.

AP specifically said it wasn’t a character issue. I guess it could still be a fit issue. Some others had speculated his measurables could be the issue. Whatever the reason I think we can safely say the staff has a good idea about who fits best.

I don’t imagine he’s so far off from 6’6 that it’s a problem or that he’s 6’6 but with the arm length of a 5’10 guy.

Could be as simple as he wanted 5* money but we didn’t see him as a 5* talent

Reactions: VOLociraptorr
Why are we attacking this kid’s character? He’s just entirely a projection. He missed his entire junior season transferring to Thompson and his sophomore year he wasn’t entirely explosive so you’d just be banking on his size and running times
Not entirely true, he played for Spain Park all year his junior year and then transferred the last week of the football schedule to Thompson when Spain Park was not going to make the playoffs. I've watched both him and Jordan Ross in person, and to me, Jordan Ross is a much better athlete.

I live in Birmingham and from what I've heard he has some character concerns. Hopefully he has learned from them and balls out at AU (just not when he is playing UT)!

Not entirely true, he played for Spain Park all year his junior year and then transferred the last week of the football schedule to Thompson when Spain Park was not going to make the playoffs. I've watched both him and Jordan Ross in person, and to me, Jordan Ross is a much better athlete.

I live in Birmingham and from what I've heard he has some character concerns. Hopefully he has learned from them and balls out at AU (just not when he is playing UT)!
“Character concerns” for a defensive lineman is another scout’s green check mark.

Jalen Carter had “character concerns” - he’s started for the Eagles since day 0.

But you know the school janitor’s 2nd ex husband so you’re obviously connected, hence the “wHaT IvE hEaRd”

“Character concerns” for a defensive lineman is another scout’s green check mark.

Jalen Carter had “character concerns” - he’s started for the Eagles since day 0.

But you know the school janitor’s 2nd ex husband so you’re obviously connected, hence the “wHaT IvE hEaRd”
Jalen Carter’s “character concerns” was all about teams trying to get him to drop…it was BS

VN Store

Back