Alabama, Florida, and Georgia

volbound1700

17 straight losses to Alabama

Lost 16 of last 17 against Florida (Kentucky has a better record against Florida during this period)

3-14 against Georgia

All since Fulmer left. This is why Tennessee is the laughing stock of College Football. To get to the next level, we should start beating these teams at some point. Florida should be vulnerable next year and we NEED to beat them to turn the corner. Beating Kentucky, Missouri, and South Carolina is nice but at some point we need to break through.

See page 3 of the "I respect Fulmer a little more after each loss" thread for your answer.

? I didn't see an answer in there.

The fact is, we cannot even pull and upset. Granted, I think things with Heupel are different and it isn't just the coach, it is the fanbase. If we keep showing up and being loud in Knoxville, we might be able to start to turn things around.

I am still kind of concerned about recruiting.

Reactions: tkobeck and Ampman

The fact is, we cannot even pull and upset. Granted, I think things with Heupel are different and it isn't just the coach, it is the fanbase. If we keep showing up and being loud in Knoxville, we might be able to start to turn things around.

Right now…all of these teams are using the past violations against us… once this cloud is removed recruiting will pickup. The great thing with this coach is they don’t need 5* recruits at every position to win. We will upset some teams that we shouldn’t sooner than later. Other SEC teams fear Heupel with a loaded roster.

Lost 16 of last 17 against Florida (Kentucky has a better record against Florida during this period)

3-14 against Georgia

All since Fulmer left. This is why Tennessee is the laughing stock of College Football. To get to the next level, we should start beating these teams at some point. Florida should be vulnerable next year and we NEED to beat them to turn the corner. Beating Kentucky, Missouri, and South Carolina is nice but at some point we need to break through.
We WERE the laughing stock...we're not now. Blind man can see we're finally trending on the right path, but can't get there over night when half the team exited LY. The way we're competing is really testament to JH.

The bottom line is that UT needs to basically get lucky and sign a guy like arch Manning to gain some sort of credibility with other top rated recruits. Sorry, but signing diamonds in the rough and turning them into good players, which heupal has done with hooker, isn’t going to cut it.
Look at what heupal and staff have done with 60 scholarship players….they put out a respectful product, but we’re not seeing any returns on that. What are we? 12th in the SEC in recruiting? That’s not gonna cut it. You’re kidding yourself if you think 7-5 and a **** bowl game is good year regardless of the roster. We’re still losing to bama, Georgia, and Florida every year. We can’t continue to hang our hat on edging out the Kentucky’s of the world.

butch Jones royally ****ed us by turning away Trevor Lawrence (speculation but most likely true because Burch Jones is a world class baffoon).

IF you listen to the experts, the win against KY was an upset. Make NO MISTAKE about it, 99% of the change is CJH. He can coach lights out. He has taken players that would make the practice squad at Bama or GA and has done an outstanding job. We have never had a coach in my life time that could have coached them up like he has. We have had better teams in the past but that was with much better players and way more depth. He gets depth and more quality players and the sky is the limit.
GO VOLS!!!!!

If you generated this thread to get people angry: Congrats. I hate that crap about laughingstocks. There’s 10-12 programs in the country who wouldn’t trade their history for ours. The rest are looking up. If you doubt me, walk Neyland. A stadium like that in a town the size of Knoxville. COME ON, MAN!
We had way too many years of sophomoric decision making, both in football and admin in general but we now have adults running the school. We now have Danny White. We now have CJH. Will they topple Saban? Who knows. Has anyone else??? Clemson just cycled out. Will they be back? OSU is a magnificent program. Can they maintain?
We have the potential to be phenomenally great. They’re not 20 programs that can say that.
BS from BS. That’s the type of moronic crap that we got from damn during the game. What was it? Twice that they took the time to show us how Georgia players were hurt during the previous play. Oddly, CBS didn’t show the other 8 plays when players dropped to slow down the game. Front running carpet bagger.
Don’t tell me we’re laughingstocks. If that’s what you think, put away your orange and wear the color of the month.
I’m damn proud to be a Vol and proud of how this football has fought this year. We need to support them and the coaching staff and not whine about these guys not being able to fix the past in one season.

Don’t be concerned about recruiting. The future of college football “recruits” from the transfer portal. I’m gonna start saying this on every thread about recruiting. Coach Hype is ahead of the curve here. Watch how quickly he builds a competitive team.

The bottom line is that UT needs to basically get lucky and sign a guy like arch Manning to gain some sort of credibility with other top rated recruits. Sorry, but signing diamonds in the rough and turning them into good players, which heupal has done with hooker, isn’t going to cut it.
Look at what heupal and staff have done with 60 scholarship players….they put out a respectful product, but we’re not seeing any returns on that. What are we? 12th in the SEC in recruiting? That’s not gonna cut it. You’re kidding yourself if you think 7-5 and a **** bowl game is good year regardless of the roster. We’re still losing to bama, Georgia, and Florida every year. We can’t continue to hang our hat on edging out the Kentucky’s of the world.

butch Jones royally ****ed us by turning away Trevor Lawrence (speculation but most likely true because Burch Jones is a world class baffoon).
Arch Manning is not coming to UT no matter who the coach is...

We WERE the laughing stock...we're not now. Blind man can see we're finally trending on the right path, but can't get there over night when half the team exited LY. The way we're competing is really testament to JH.
The thread is about Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. The Vols lost to all 3 by an average of 25 points. Where do you see "trending on the right path"?

3-14 against Georgia

At this point I have no clue why we get dominated by UF every year. I mean it doesn’t matter who the coach is, UF just owns us in football. There have been years when we were clearly the better team and they still win.

As far as UGA and Bama? I don’t see either of those streaks ending anytime soon. Saban will eventually retire and maybe we can get a win then. UGA? Smart is a young coach. So its entirely likely that we see a Saban like losing streak to them. We need elite players to match up with them. Even if we were to get them, they are going to get even better players.

We have just fallen so far behind for so many years it may very well be almost impossible to get back to the point of beating Bama and UGA with any consistency.

Don’t be concerned about recruiting. The future of college football “recruits” from the transfer portal. I’m gonna start saying this on every thread about recruiting. Coach Hype is ahead of the curve here. Watch how quickly he builds a competitive team.

You cannot build a powerful program with the transfer portal. The portal is for plugging holes. To build a powerhouse program you have to recruit. I believe Heupel will be fine in recruiting. But it’s gonna take a few years.

The thread is about Georgia, Alabama, and Florida. The Vols lost to all 3 by an average of 25 points. Where do you see "trending on the right path"?
I know you are 'slow' dog but, you don't have to broadcast your ignorance.

Tennessee total offense ranking:

2018 - 122
2019 - 100
2020 - 102
2021 (through 11/13) - 21

I'm fairly certain that fits the definition of "trending in the right direction". What an insufferable fanbase.

2018 - 122
2019 - 100
2020 - 102

I'm fairly certain that fits the definition of "trending in the right direction". What an insufferable fanbase.
I may be slow, but even I understood the thread was about success against UGA, Bama, and UF. Congrats on your improving offensive national rankings.

Reactions: PADAWG and ejvols4
You cannot build a powerful program with the transfer portal. The portal is for plugging holes. To build a powerhouse program you have to recruit. I believe Heupel will be fine in recruiting. But it’s gonna take a few years.
Love you but disagree.

Traditional method:

Five-star recruit comes on board. 18-years old. Red shirt's freshman year. Takes a scholarship. Begins to 'learn' the system.
Redshirt freshman (19 years old) has a productive year, playing time, growing, maybe even contributing. Takes a scholarship.
Reshirt sophomore plays a great year (age=20). Contributes to the success of the team. Takes a scholarship.
Redshirt junior is outstanding (age = 21). Plays up to their potential. Leader. Knows the system. Takes a scholarship. Leaves for the NFL.

Result: 4 scholarships consumed. 2.x years of total production. Average age (physical development) 19.5 years old.

Transfer portal method:

Junior college transfer is brought it to fill a spot. 20-21 years old. Has been playing at the collegiate level for 2+ years. Takes a scholarship.
Senior transfer is in second year of the 'system'. 21-22 years old. Has been playing at the collegiate level for 3+ years. Takes a scholarship.

Result: 2 scholarships consumed. 2 years of total production. Average age (physical development) 21 years old.

I'm telling you - the coach that figures this out first wins the fastest. And spends a whole lot more time on player development and a whole lot less time traveling and fussing around with prima-donna 18-year-olds.

Trending in the right path to some here is *almost* covering the spread. Or at least having the opportunity to.

Reactions: ejvols4

2018 - 122
2019 - 100
2020 - 102

Vols ranked No. 18 in total offense in 2012 …

Can you guess their final record or how many wins they had against Bama/UGA/UF?

Reactions: agent|orange

3-14 against Georgia

It is remarkable how we literally never upset them.

2009 UGA - Crompton game, both unranked
2015 UGA - Huge rally against middling Dawgs to save Butch’s job
2016 UF - Evenly ranked, fall behind a lot at home, storm back to win
2016 UGA - Ranked higher, win on Hail Mary

There can’t be another major college football program with a worse 13-year stretch of results against major rivals.

If you generated this thread to get people angry: Congrats. I hate that crap about laughingstocks. There’s 10-12 programs in the country who wouldn’t trade their history for ours. The rest are looking up. If you doubt me, walk Neyland. A stadium like that in a town the size of Knoxville. COME ON, MAN!

COME ON!!

Reactions: USMC-TNVOL

VN Store

Back