Amateur Hour Continues

Look up Nixon and Ford

Did Nixon pardon himself and his family on the way out? This is a completely different situation.

“After Ford left the White House in 1977, he privately justified his pardon of Nixon by carrying in his wallet a portion of the text of Burdick v. United States, a 1915 U.S. Supreme Court decision that stated that a pardon carries an imputation of guilt and that its acceptance carries a confession of guilt.”

So what are the Trumps guilty of?

Reactions: luthervol
This is the question you asked. I gave you two names to show that a preemptive pardon can indeed be done. That is what Ford did as Nixon had no conviction.
So now preemptive pardons are a thing? Don’t you have to be convicted first?
This tripe I can only assume is you trying to deflect from your ignorance.
Did Nixon pardon himself and his family on the way out? This is a completely different situation.

“After Ford left the White House in 1977, he privately justified his pardon of Nixon by carrying in his wallet a portion of the text of Burdick v. United States, a 1915 U.S. Supreme Court decision that stated that a pardon carries an imputation of guilt and that its acceptance carries a confession of guilt.”

So what are the Trumps guilty of?

Because the dots are in different dimensions?
I don’t even want to ponder how many dimensions are in your pea brain or how they might be connected. I answered a specific question with the correct answer. And you don’t seem to be able to connect those dots at least.

This is the question you asked. I gave you two names to show that a preemptive pardon can indeed be done. That is what Ford did as Nixon had no conviction.

This tripe I can only assume is you trying to deflect from your ignorance.

Well technically the situation where a president pardons himself has never come up. So that’s legally untested. So who knows what the courts would have to say about that. Having a sitting president give himself and his family a get out of jail free card might not be the best precedent to set for the SCOTUS.

No you don’t have to be convicted. You don’t even have to be charged to receive a pardon.

What I don’t get is how you can pardon without any type of charge. Are you then just blanket pardoned of any federal crime you may have committed before the Pardon?

Reactions: Septic

VN Store

Back