American interests at risk in the Arctic Circle, War with Russia & China coming soon

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
I swear, it is ridiculous that the US has to find threats to "American interests" on every inch of the earth's surface. Why can't we just be concerned with our little corner of the world?

Technocrats And Neocons Respond To The Polar Silk Road

American Neocons Respond
Representing the regressive neocon viewpoint, Mike Pompeo described his geopolitical view of the Arctic seaway as “the 21st century Panama and Suez Canals” – then hypocritically attacked China as a threat to America saying:

“China’s pattern of aggressive behavior elsewhere should inform what we do, and how it might treat the Arctic… Do we want crucial Arctic infrastructure to end up like Chinese-constructed roads in Ethiopia? Crumbling and dangerous after only a few years. Do we want the Arctic Ocean to transform into a new South China Sea? Fraught with militarization and competing territorial claims.”

Reactions: Orange_Crush
Putin, sounding like the only sober man in a room full of drunken sailors.

China and Russia Understand Real Economics
In opposition to monetarists and Malthusians dominant across the Anglo-sphere, the leadership of Russia and China have demonstrated a clear understanding of the core principles of real economics and the moral/intellectual/financial bankruptcy of the derivatives-laden western banking system. Describing the collapse of the “each against all paradigm”, President Putin said on June 6th that the world was suffering under a “fragmentation of the global economic space by a policy of completely unlimited economic egoism and a forced breakdown. But this is the road to endless conflict, trade wars and maybe not just trade wars. Figuratively, this is the road to the ultimate fight of all against all.”

He went on to describe the need for “a more stable and fair development model. These agreements should not only be written clearly but should also be observed by all participants. However, I am convinced that talk about an economic world order like this will remain wishful thinking unless we return to the centre of the discussion, that is, notions like sovereignty, the unconditional right of every country to its own development road and, let me add, responsibility for universal sustainable development, not just for one’s own development.”

We have been stickng our nose where it doesnt belong for decades. Its never going to change.

I swear, it is ridiculous that the US has to find threats to "American interests" on every inch of the earth's surface. Why can't we just be concerned with our little corner of the world?

American Neocons Respond
Representing the regressive neocon viewpoint, Mike Pompeo described his geopolitical view of the Arctic seaway as “the 21st century Panama and Suez Canals” – then hypocritically attacked China as a threat to America saying:

“China’s pattern of aggressive behavior elsewhere should inform what we do, and how it might treat the Arctic… Do we want crucial Arctic infrastructure to end up like Chinese-constructed roads in Ethiopia? Crumbling and dangerous after only a few years. Do we want the Arctic Ocean to transform into a new South China Sea? Fraught with militarization and competing territorial claims.”

Because the Earth is round?

Ras, are you okay with Russia just taking whatever they want? I agree the U.S. often gets involved in matters we shouldn't, and we need to stop. But your pro-Russian stance makes me wonder how far you think Russia should be allowed to go unchecked by the rest of the world? Last time we allowed a country to go completely unchecked we had WWII.

And I'm largely an isolationist, but realize there are times when actions are needed.

So you start with saying America should stick to its own little corner and putin is the only sober man in a room of drunks; you think putin/russia sticks to their own little corner of the world? Hell no. Why are the majority of your posts bash america but praise russia, its really odd.

American Neocons Respond

Gotta control the entrance to the hollow earth, bruh.

Reactions: 0nelilreb
Ras, are you okay with Russia just taking whatever they want? I agree the U.S. often gets involved in matters we shouldn't, and we need to stop. But your pro-Russian stance makes me wonder how far you think Russia should be allowed to go unchecked by the rest of the world? Last time we allowed a country to go completely unchecked we had WWII.

And I'm largely an isolationist, but realize there are times when actions are needed.
Russia isn't taking anything. WTF are you talking about? If anything, Canada is the one in that is claiming possession of the North Pole (see the article I posted).

China and Russia are simply opening up trade routes. They are engaging in commercial activity. WTF is the USA doing?

Russia isn't taking anything. WTF are you talking about? If anything, Canada is the one in that is claiming possession of the North Pole (see the article I posted).

China and Russia are simply opening up trade routes. They are engaging in commercial activity. WTF is the USA doing?
The same things. It's always about commerce and resources.

The same things. It's always about commerce and resources.
Russia and China are building port facilities, railways and roads.

The US is making weapons, attempting to impede the free flow of shipping lanes and imposing sanctions on any country they have a beef with. Those are anti-commercial activities.

Russia and China are building port facilities, railways and roads.

The US is making weapons, attempting to impede the free flow of shipping lanes and imposing sanctions on any country they have a beef with. Those are anti-commercial activities.
And Russia is trying to claim sovereignty over shipping lanes and has ramped back up militarily in the Arctic Circle. Russia good/America bad is a load of BS here. Call it what it is.... a global reaction to changing ice that has made the region more accessible.

Reactions: AM64 and 37L1
And Russia is trying to claim sovereignty over shipping lanes and has ramped back up militarily in the Arctic Circle. Russia good/America bad is a load of BS here. Call it what it is.... a global reaction to changing ice that has made the region more accessible.
So global warming now becomes a national security concern? Maybe

They're not trying to claim sovereignty over anything other than those waters that are actually within their internationally recognized coastlines. If anything, outside of those Russian waters, they are requesting access to the other shipping lanes... not sovereignty, or at least not to the extent that Canada has done by claiming possession of the North Pole ("Santa Claus is a Canadian").

Why do you have a problem with countries outside of the US and our Western allies having access to trading and shipping routes?

Of what strategic interest is it of the US to control shipping in the Northeast Passage?

So global warming now becomes a national security concern? Maybe
It's happening in certain places. The degree to which it's a cyclical trend vs man-made phenomenon give me a headache to figure out.

Bottom line, is this an issue of national security? Do we need Pompeo out here suggesting the US take action, possibly up to a military response? Spending a few billion more dollars on icebreakers??? Or possibly putting servicemen lives at risk if we do build up in the region?

Is this even worthy of the level of sanctions?

Bottom line, is this an issue of national security? Do we need Pompeo out here suggesting the US take action, possibly up to a military response? Spending a few billion more dollars on icebreakers??? Or possibly putting servicemen lives at risk if we do build up in the region?

Is this even worthy of the level of sanctions?
Can't treat Russian military buildup and de facto expansion as if they're putting up a lemonade stand at the North Pole. 2 days ago we had a nuclear sub go up in flames off the coast of Norway potentially cutting internet wires. We know these guys.

Can't treat Russian military buildup and de facto expansion as if they're putting up a lemonade stand at the North Pole. 2 days ago we had a nuclear sub go up in flames off the coast of Norway potentially cutting internet wires. We know these guys.
So you see a necessity to spend resources and manpower in literally the furthest corner of the earth? Meanwhile, we have an immediate need for addressing our issues on the US/Mexico border?

Which one is of greater and more immediate impact on the daily lives of Americans?

So you see a necessity to spend resources and manpower in literally the furthest corner of the earth? Meanwhile, we have an immediate need for addressing our issues on the US/Mexico border?

Which one is of greater and more immediate impact on the daily lives of Americans?
What, we can't walk and chew gum at the same time.

Neither are mutually exclusive.

Reactions: AM64

Ras, not trying to be offensive, but I'm curious as to why you are so anti-America and pro-Russia? It seems like no matter what Russia does, you always rush to their defense. Why?

Ras, not trying to be offensive, but I'm curious as to why you are so anti-America and pro-Russia? It seems like no matter what Russia does, you always rush to their defense. Why?

I'm pro-American. Nothing that involves Russian interest should be of interest to us.

To do anything costs money. To do nothing costs money.

Is this about money?

We have far greater concerns right here at home that deserve our time, attention and resources without having to concern ourselves about shipping lanes in the furthest corner of the earth.

Oh dear...

Putin Confirms Deadly Fire Was Aboard "Secretive" Nuclear-Powered Submarine

But given that mainstream western media can't waste a Russian submarine tragedy without adding wild accusations of sinister wrongdoing over what the "sensitive mission" could have been about, less than 24 hours later we have the "Putin's cutting the world's internet" claims again:
BBC Monitoring described US officials as saying the AS-12 is designed to cut undersea cables that keep the world's internet running.​
It's an accusation that's been floating around the internet for years. All the way back in 2015 a NYT story cited the Russian underwater cable threat as "raising concerns among some American military and intelligence officials that the Russians might be planning to attack those lines in times of tension or conflict."

So what next? Did Russia cause the California earthquake today?

I said "potentially". And I'm not sure what about a Zero Hedge opinion piece was supposed to vindicate the Russians.

VN Store

Back