Android

I just can't deal with HTC Sense. That's the deal breaker for me. I tried out the Inspire for 3 days and ended up returning it. I know it may not be a fair judgment when I haven't played with Sense on ICS but I just don't like the look of it.

I'm ok with Touchwiz. But I just couldn't justify spending $600 on an S3 when I could get an unlocked Nexus for $400 and a clean ICS without all of AT&T's crap and the added overlay of Touchwiz.

Running jellybean now. And all I can say is wow. So smooth. Android has come so far

My droid does not show some of the pics posted in forums.

Is this something standard on the mobile site or is the problem with my phone?

It shows probably 75% of pics posted.

Google confirmed to ABC News that the Galaxy Nexus had been pulled from its Google Play store as a result of the judge's decision, but said it would begin selling the device again next week running the latest version of Android - Android 4.1, known as Jelly Bean. The updated version of Android would address the issues in dispute, Google said.

Apple's patent war with Google and Samsung continues. While Apple CEO Tim Cook has said that he doesn't enjoy the litigation and went as far to call it a "pain in the ass," he also said, "We just don't want people ripping us off."

Google Confirms Galaxy Nexus Sales Stopped in Apple-Samsung Case, Fix Coming Next Week - ABC News
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Google confirmed to ABC News that the Galaxy Nexus had been pulled from its Google Play store as a result of the judge's decision, but said it would begin selling the device again next week running the latest version of Android - Android 4.1, known as Jelly Bean. The updated version of Android would address the issues in dispute, Google said.

Apple's patent war with Google and Samsung continues. While Apple CEO Tim Cook has said that he doesn't enjoy the litigation and went as far to call it a "pain in the ass," he also said, "We just don't want people ripping us off."

Google Confirms Galaxy Nexus Sales Stopped in Apple-Samsung Case, Fix Coming Next Week - ABC News

Glad to hear it'll be back up for sale. I got mine today. Unfortunately I won't be home from Florida until tomorrow afternoon. A neighbor picked it up for me. Can't wait to play with it.

Also, in regard to the HTC One X, the Beats Audio feature works well on any headphones/speakers, not just the Beats Audio brand. Probably the clearest music quality I've heard from a player of any kind.

this S3 is so nice compared to my old DX. Still trying to figure out how to use it though

Had no idea the Score center app updated to support push notifications. One of my biggest reasons for going with iPhone over android in the past. I know its a stupid reason but I love the push notifications.

Loving the S3 so far.

I like the screenshot gesture of sliding the side of your hand across the phone.

I ordered some blank NFC tags last night. They were less than a dollar each. There's a few apps that will let you program them and assign all sorts of tasks to them. nfctasker is one example. Tap your phone on one in the car to launch car mode, turn off wifi, launch bluetooth if you need it, etc. Then, tap it again when you get home to turn all that off and turn wifi on. Etc. I'll let you know how they work out.

are those the tectiles? I thought about getting some for just what you mentioned so I'll be really interested to see what you think.

Test screenshot

edit: yep I like the screenshot without root

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-07-06-20-14-33.jpg
    Screenshot_2012-07-06-20-14-33.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 18
are those the tectiles? I thought about getting some for just what you mentioned so I'll be really interested to see what you think.

Same principle but using a different app and much cheaper buying your own. I think you can do more with these apps than Samsung is introducing with their tec-tiles.

Tectiles, I think, hold the instruction and sends the instructions to whatever scans it. I believe nfctasker can do that PLUS write a unique code to the chip that you can assign tasks to on your device. So you can create a list of actions to do when it scans that chip.

The video on nfctasker's page certainly looks interesting.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jwsoft.nfcactionlauncher&hl=en

Last edited:
Let's give it up for Verizon. Only company thus far to look down the S3 bootloader. Awesome work you pricks. Not undefeatable but a pain the ass.

After my first full charge I am pleased to say that I am at 20% with almost 20 hours of usage time. Took the phone off my charger at midnight last night. Moderate use today. Very impressed.

After my first full charge I am pleased to say that I am at 20% with almost 20 hours of usage time. Took the phone off my charger at midnight last night. Moderate use today. Very impressed.

But android battery life sucks.

Got these NFC Tags in the mail. I haven't messed with them much, but they certainly work. Setup a quick tag to launch AirDroid. Wrote the tag and successfully launched it. This all took about a minute to setup and confirm the tags work.

I'll have to play with them more tonight. In case anyone else is interested, here are the ones I ordered. I got the cheap ones to start with. They look like white label stickers.

NFC Sticker - NTAG | Stickers | Tags | BUYNFCTAGS.COM

Still stupid they are the only ones doing it. Just bad for the community.

Verizon claims Samsung is to blame :question:

no idea why they would do this. I'm likely to spend $2500 in the next couple of years with them and just want to enjoy my phone as I see fit. Also saw this cute little pic earlier

verizon-unapproved-365x650.jpg

Anyone download Ice Cream Sandwich today?

I like it except you can't have separate toggles on your home screen. It's just one big toggle widg et for wifi, bluetooth, GPS, auto sync, and screen brightness. I really just want the wifi and Bluetooth so it doesn't take up so much space on my screen.

Last edited:
you can download widgets that will separate them out. Mine are in the pulldown on the S3 but I know my wife did on her maxx

Anyone download Ice Cream Sanwich today?

I like it except you can't have separate toggles on your home screen. It's just one big toggle widget for wifi, bluetooth, GPS, auto sync, and screen brightness. I really just want the wifi and Bluetooth so it doesn't take up so much space on my screen.

That would be my only gripe thus far, not having individual widgets for wifi, Bluetooth, etc. I put a settings link on my desktop and the network switches are conveniently located at the top, so that will suffice for now.

VN Store

Back