Android

My Nexus shipped today. I believe people can order the Nexus until suppliers run out of inventory. So as long as Google, Verizon, etc still have them in stock you are good.

S3 has shipped and will arrive friday. Have a whole weekend to play with it!

My Nexus shipped today. I believe people can order the Nexus until suppliers run out of inventory. So as long as Google, Verizon, etc still have them in stock you are good.

Glad to hear it, when you getting it?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If you like playing with electronics, you should put Jellybean on there. Pretty sure all is working on the Verizon version now. Most everything, if not all, on the Sprint version too.

Interface is smoother and has GoogleNow which is supposedly a pretty slick app.

Have you heard any news on when jellybean is being pushed out OTA? I don't mind flashing it, but if its just a few days away....I can wait

Glad to hear it, when you getting it?

Delivering Thursday but I don't get back from Florida until Friday afternoon. Do any of you guys know if UPS makes people sign for packages? Was planning on getting my friend to just pick it up after the phone is dropped off at the house.

Have you heard any news on when jellybean is being pushed out OTA? I don't mind flashing it, but if its just a few days away....I can wait

Unless it's coming directly from Google, probably dependent on your carrier. If you're on VZW, it may be a bit longer than others.

Personally, I'll probably wait until JellyBean AOSP is released and the devs have a chance to really get their hands dirty with it.

That is correct.

Google has now suspended selling the Nexus from the Google Play store due to the injunction. It currently states that the Nexus is 'coming soon'. Rumor has it that Google will push out something OTA in the next 48 hours that might aid to circumvent the injunction.

Google has now suspended selling the Nexus from the Google Play store due to the injunction. It currently states that the Nexus is 'coming soon'. Rumor has it that Google will push out something OTA in the next 48 hours that might aid to circumvent the injunction.

Update: According to The Verge, Google may be pushing out an OTA update to resolve this as early as tonight. This OTA would take away local search on the device and redirect everything to the web. Remember -- you can ignore the OTA if you like. I will be.

Update: According to The Verge, Google may be pushing out an OTA update to resolve this as early as tonight. This OTA would take away local search on the device and redirect everything to the web. Remember -- you can ignore the OTA if you like. I will be.

So glad I had time to order one. Mine is already at the Memphis hub. It'll be here Thursday. So what about Jelly Bean? Is there a way to ignore the injunction patch but install 4.1? What exactly is this patch supposed to eliminate? Is it that big of a deal that people will want to ignore it or more of a "screw Apple" thing?

So glad I had time to order one. Mine is already at the Memphis hub. It'll be here Thursday. So what about Jelly Bean? Is there a way to ignore the injunction patch but install 4.1? What exactly is this patch supposed to eliminate? Is it that big of a deal that people will want to ignore it or more of a "screw Apple" thing?

The patch and Jelly Bean are completely different entities. If you wait for the Jelly Bean OTA upgrade later this month, you may be forced to take the patch along with it, but if you manually flash to a Jelly Bean ROM (stock or otherwise), you should be able to avoid the patch.

Is everyone getting an S3?

My HTC One X is amazing, and from what I've read reviewed and rated just as well.

Not to mention the Apple injunction against it failed. You can still get one.

My HTC One X is amazing, and from what I've read reviewed and rated just as well.

If you aren't the type to want a Nexus device, I don't think you could go wrong with the S3 or the HTC One X. I think the S3 has gotten a little more media attention (I honestly can't remember the last One X commercial I have seen), but both devices look to be top notch.

If you aren't the type to want a Nexus device, I don't think you could go wrong with the S3 or the HTC One X. I think the S3 has gotten a little more media attention (I honestly can't remember the last One X commercial I have seen), but both devices look to be top notch.

A lot more attention. I've barely heard any mention of the HTC. It runs as smooth as any device I've seen, the 4g internet absolutely blazes, works great as a WiFi hotspot, the camera is second to none, multitasks and switches between apps seamlessly.

Of course an sd card slot to expand memory would be welcome, it really has plenty at 16 g and cloud access, seeing as how that's where data storage is headed anyways.

well I'm on Verizon so we don't get the One X. S3 or Nexus is about the best we can find

what a ridiculous thing for them to have to do. I blame the judge more than Apple though

Just ordered the 32gb white S3. Wonder how long it will take?? Verizon website says it will ship by 7/11. We shall see.

If you like playing with electronics, you should put Jellybean on there. Pretty sure all is working on the Verizon version now. Most everything, if not all, on the Sprint version too.

Interface is smoother and has GoogleNow which is supposedly a pretty slick app.
ya I was just looking up Jellybean on YouTube. It looks goooood. So I have to root to get it? I rooted my droid x so I'm not afraid of it. How do you recommend for the Nexus?

Loaded Jellybean on our store Nexus demo. Its nice. Very smooth. GoogleNow looks cool. Notifications are great.

well I'm on Verizon so we don't get the One X. S3 or Nexus is about the best we can find

what a ridiculous thing for them to have to do. I blame the judge more than Apple though

Exactly. But this particular judge has a history of protecting Apple patents. I'd love to see what technical background these presiding judges have that gives them such keen insight into the world of programming and OS development.

Exactly. But this particular judge has a history of protecting Apple patents. I'd love to see what technical background these presiding judges have that gives them such keen insight into the world of programming and OS development.

wish they had gotten this one

But what was really dramatic was the way he eviscerated the legal submissions. At one point, for example, Apple claimed that Google was infringing one of its patents on the process of unlocking a phone by swiping the screen. "Apple's argument that a tap is a zero-length swipe," said Posner, "is silly. It's like saying that a point is a zero-length line."
Apple's patent absurdity exposed at last | John Naughton | Technology | The Observer

or perhaps the one in Oracle v Google who knew how to code

ya I was just looking up Jellybean on YouTube. It looks goooood. So I have to root to get it? I rooted my droid x so I'm not afraid of it. How do you recommend for the Nexus?

Just visit xda-developers.com

There's a Nexus Toolkit that will pretty much do it all for you. You'll select your model, select to unlock and root, then wait a few minutes. After that, download the ROM, boot into CWM, and flash JB.

I used the toolkit earlier today. Unlocking and rooting was no problem. Not sure why but CWM wasn't sticking or I couldn't load into it (maybe doing wrong button press). When I selected to boot to CWM from the toolkit, the phone did just that. I then flashed the ROM. Worked great.

EDIT: Got curious and looked it up. Seems you have to enter fastboot then vol up/dwn to select recovery. That will go to CWM. Vol Up + Power doesn't go to CWM like most phones.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Just visit xda-developers.com

There's a Nexus Toolkit that will pretty much do it all for you. You'll select your model, select to unlock and root, then wait a few minutes. After that, download the ROM, boot into CWM, and flash JB.

I used the toolkit earlier today. Unlocking and rooting was no problem. Not sure why but CWM wasn't sticking or I couldn't load into it (maybe doing wrong button press). When I selected to boot to CWM from the toolkit, the phone did just that. I then flashed the ROM. Worked great.

EDIT: Got curious and looked it up. Seems you have to enter fastboot then vol up/dwn to select recovery. That will go to CWM. Vol Up + Power doesn't go to CWM like most phones.

hmmm gonna have to check this out! Thanks for the info man! I'm already looking the improvements from ics so i think i will love jellybean!

VN Store

Back