Another Candidate for OC....

Yeah maybe.

Brings to mind a rule that should be made for a BCS bid. A team should have to come from a conference that has at least 5 teams with a winning record... or else the team in question should have to beat 5 or 6 teams with a winning record.

It is totally ridiculous for Hawaii to be in the Sugar Bowl having played one of the two worst schedules in the country... and their most impressive victory coming over the team that had the other worst SOS.

Yeah maybe.

Brings to mind a rule that should be made for a BCS bid. A team should have to come from a conference that has at least 5 teams with a winning record... or else the team in question should have to beat 5 or 6 teams with a winning record.

It is totally ridiculous for Hawaii to be in the Sugar Bowl having played one of the two worst schedules in the country... and their most impressive victory coming over the team that had the other worst SOS.

I agree, but what if they win? They are a capable team.

Fresno hung 42 points on USC in 2005 with Cignetti as the OC. Pretty impressive hanging that many points on USC considering no SEC team has scored more than 17 points on USC going back to 2002.

Yeah..... the names.

Who cares? You would argue religion with a radical Muslim wouldnt you?

I'd be all for calling it BCS and non-BCS conferences at this point. I don't waste time watching WAC or MWC games either. :)

Yeah..... the names.

Who cares? You would argue religion with a radical Muslim wouldnt you?

I disagree with hat a good bit but he's right about this one.

La Tech, San Jose, Utah St, NM St, and probably Idaho are a long ways off.

Out of 9 WAC teams, 3 had winning records. It is a weak mid-major.

Fresno hung 42 points on USC in 2005 with Cignetti as the OC. Pretty impressive hanging that many points on USC considering no SEC team has scored more than 17 points on USC going back to 2002.

That's impressive! The year wrt history adds more to your point as defense is what CPC brought to USC.

I'd be all for calling it BCS and non-BCS conferences at this point. I don't waste time watching WAC or MWC games either. :)

I dont even know if I'd call it that... The Big LEast is a pretty weak BCS conference.

I agree, but what if they win? They are a capable team.

Unless UGA really chokes.... it ain't gonna happen. No way Hawaii's D should come close to stopping the Dawgs. UGA has the athletes all over the D to get pressure and cover their guys.

I hope UGA beats them so badly that the BCS revises its formula to include some kind of strength of schedule minimum.

I dont even know if I'd call it that... The Big LEast is a pretty weak BCS conference.

Big East top to bottom is probably better than the ACC and Big 10 this year... maybe even the Pac 10. This was a good year for the SEC and Big 12.

They probably wouldn't have been BCS if they had the same teams when the BCS was formed as they have now. We could just throw them back into the 'farm system' with the WAC and MWC and whatever those other 'gray area' D-1 conferences are.

I disagree with hat a good bit but he's right about this one.

La Tech, San Jose, Utah St, NM St, and probably Idaho are a long ways off.

Out of 9 WAC teams, 3 had winning records. It is a weak mid-major.

Look... the original comment was this:

When was the last time we played a WAC schedule?

Does it really matter if he said WAC or MWC or CUSA or whatever... it's not a SEC defense he's playing every week.

If it makes you 2 gals feel better... I apologize for mistaking the Western Athletic Conference for the Mountain West... It will happen again.

Big East top to bottom is probably better than the ACC and Big 10 this year... maybe even the Pac 10. This was a good year for the SEC and Big 12.

That's arguable but to-to-toe.... I take either one of them over the Big LEast... I dont care about the records or rankings. The level of competition is growing in the Big LEast but it's not there yet. Especially the Big-11... as much as I dog on them, they are far better than the Big LEast.

That's arguable but to-to-toe.... I take either one of them over the Big LEast... I dont care about the records or rankings. The level of competition is growing in the Big LEast but it's not there yet. Especially the Big-11... as much as I dog on them, they are far better than the Big LEast.

The Big 10 is absolutely not far better than the Big East. Michigan is their second best team. There are multiple teams in the Big East that would rape the Wolverines.

Look... the original comment was this:

Does it really matter if he said WAC or MWC or CUSA or whatever... it's not a SEC defense he's playing every week.

If it makes you 2 gals feel better... I apologize for mistaking the Western Athletic Conference for the Mountain West... It will happen again.

Absolutely not! But maybe we're going to learn which is better: CUSA, MWC, or WAC... as if I really care.:)

The Big 10 is absolutely not far better than the Big East. Michigan is their second best team. There are multiple teams in the Big East that would rape the Wolverines.

I hope UF whips them, but which 3 Big East teams would you pick over the Wolverines?

Michigan has some NFL-to-be players... and like it or not, we'll have to play well to beat Wiscy. Mich State almost upset BC yesterday. The Big 10 may have a chip on its shoulder and they have some players. I'd like to see how this year's bowl season plays out before I write them off as well.

Penn State looked pretty good in the Outback last year and they really didn't loose that much this year. Illinois isn't all that bad either.

Who are the Big East teams you fear the most?

O, and Brent Hubbs is reporting that there are rumors going around that CPF interviewed an unknown candidate last night in Tampa. He is trying to get confirmation on it.

shouldn't we be more concerned with coaching philosophy than scheme.

No. That is the Head Coach's Responsibility. Not a position Coach or a Coordinator's Responsibility. He is not applying for the HC Job.

I Like his Offensive Stragety and it seem that it might just satisfy a lot of needs for this team.

First, Recruitting. Looks like he could have both Coasts covered form this perspective.

Focus on an offense Scheme that would allow both Running Backs and QBs with NFL potential...

OL line blocking schemes somewhat simplified.

An Offense that does not sell out to the Spread, has an NFL type basis but is not confined to short passes and a 3 yard cloud of dust.

I like his diversity and the different staffs he has been on through out the States.

Seems like he has inroads to a lot parts of the country. This is impressive and is my favorite OC to replace Cut.

West Virginia and South Florida would take them. Cincinatti would make it a good game and possibly win.

WVU... I'd prolly agree,

USF proved a bit over-rated as the season unfolded. Cincin... I don't think so.

Mich reminds me a bit of our 2005 team, but with an easier schedule... so their results didn't turn out as bad for them. They have some talent and if they can figure out a way to play to their potential, they're a respectable team. If the Gators approach them with a 'they're-not-worthy-of-being-on-the-field-with-us' atttitude, they have the talent to play with UF.

If someone plays for the Big 10 and isn't fired up to prove something this bowl season, we need to check for a pulse.

O, and Brent Hubbs is reporting that there are rumors going around that CPF interviewed an unknown candidate last night in Tampa. He is trying to get confirmation on it.

The Knoxville media has swung and missed a couple of times throughout this process already.

WVU... I'd prolly agree,

USF proved a bit over-rated as the season unfolded. Cincin... I don't think so.

Mich reminds me a bit of our 2005 team, but with an easier schedule... so their results didn't turn out as bad for them. They have some talent and if they can figure out a way to play to their potential, they're a respectable team. If the Gators approach them with a 'they're-not-worthy-of-being-on-the-field-with-us' atttitude, they have the talent to play with UF.

If someone plays for the Big 10 and isn't fired up to prove something this bowl season, we need to check for a pulse.

Their defense is garbage. Their offense is garbage if you can shut down two players. South Florida has much better athletes than Appy State. They'd be able to take Michigan. Cincinatti is better than any team Michigan beat this year with the possible exception of Illinois.

The point stands. If the Big 10 is better than the Big East, it is not by much.

So we are considering hiring the guy that coached up Jeff Blake, Aaron Brooks, and Alex Smith? No thanks.

then you go out and find another coach... better yet do not bother. Not sure what you want. Out of all the OCs possibilities I can live with this one..... It would be a plus to hire him...

VN Store

Back