Another Candidate for OC....

Their defense is garbage. Their offense is garbage if you can shut down two players. South Florida has much better athletes than Appy State. They'd be able to take Michigan. Cincinatti is better than any team Michigan beat this year with the possible exception of Illinois.

The point stands. If the Big 10 is better than the Big East, it is not by much.

Well foget UM.... I'll give that one. Illinois v UCon.... USF v.Wisc, Rutgers v. Penns St, Louisville v. Iowa, Pitt v. Perude, Syracuse v. Michigan St., lest we forget OSU would man-handle West Va.

At worst Michigan, Wisc., Iowa lose... that's it.

I love how a thread meant to discuess a candidate for our OC position turns into a Big 10 vs Big East debate.

Ohio State wouldn't manhandle West Virginia. They lost to Illinois, the welfare recipient's version of the Mountaineers.

Illinois lost to Iowa. It's takes no stretch of the imagination to see them losing to UCONN or Rutgers.

Ohio State wouldn't manhandle West Virginia. They lost to Illinois, the welfare recipient's version of the Mountaineers.

We'll never know hat, but check out W/Va against real defenses. They would beat them comfortably and your Illinois loss argument is moot because everyone has lost this year... Illinois might beat West Va.

Illinois lost to Iowa. It's takes no stretch of the imagination to see them losing to UCONN or Rutgers.

And Pitt beat West Va. It's no stretch for Baylor to beat West Virginia by your logic.

So.... I do like Cignetti!!!!

Real defenses? Like UGA and Va Tech in the last two bowl games?

So you're comparing VaTech fomr '06 and UGA from 05 to OSU from now defensively.....

WOW

Yeah... they compare.

So how bout that Frank Cignetti?

We'll never know hat, but check out W/Va against real defenses. They would beat them comfortably and your Illinois loss argument is moot because everyone has lost this year... Illinois might beat West Va.

The Bucs do have a good D. That's what makes it hard to figure out how they will fare against anyone.

And, speculation about who would beat who given who won or lost this year is totally futile.

I love how a thread meant to discuess a candidate for our OC position turns into a Big 10 vs Big East debate.

I noticed that too, but you can only go so far speculating about a guy we know nothing about and who hasn't been interviewed yet.

So, you can win the SEC without a "real defense." What does that say about the league?

It wasn't like he was coaching in the WAC with P10 talent. He was coaching in the WAC with WAC talent.

then you go out and find another coach... better yet do not bother. Not sure what you want. Out of all the OCs possibilities I can live with this one..... It would be a plus to hire him...

I am a 49ers fan... the last thing I want is anything off that crap coaching staff making it's way to Knoxville.

It wasn't like he was coaching in the WAC with P10 talent. He was coaching in the WAC with WAC talent.

Precisely... against WAC schools and he excelled. You dont really know how it translates but Urban Meyer has translated well to the SEC so far.

EDIT... not saying he's CUM but who knows?

Saying Fresno State's personnel was "WAC talent" is akin to saying Memphis has "C-USA" talent in basketball.

VN Store

Back