Another start to the school year, another shooting; nothing will change

How stupid can a person be for purchasing a firearm for your son knowing damn well he’s been on FBI watch for over a year?

Not defending the shooter’s actions but the kid never had a chance to begin with.

Idiots….

You said you would hold them responsible even if he broke into a safe.

It obviously should vary by the circumstances but in the end, yes, each time a parent's gun is used by a child to kill others, particularly other kids, there ought to be SOME level of criminal liability. You can debate the details.

Dims like him always want to blame everyone/everything else besides the criminal.

Yeah. I mean depending on the State and the statutory make-up the parents could be criminally liable. But that isn't what appears he is proposing. Furthermore, we all live in different jurisdictions i.e. different statutory make-up and standards. What he is trying to do is blame guns which is crazy to start with.... and doing it around his normal fake empathy stories.

The crazier part is he really doesn't care. I mean we have illegals killing and shooting people every day.... so what? The people he voted for admitted to an American kid... he doesn't care... he only cared enough to lie about who he voted for i.e. appearances.

Every time he posts... I have like a reminder to go get more ammo. 😂

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
It obviously should vary by the circumstances but in the end, yes, each time a parent's gun is used by a child to kill others, particularly other kids, there ought to be SOME level of criminal liability. You can debate the details.

As I mentioned, he is trying to tell everyone in every State what their criminal laws should be... this would be clearly unconstitutional as the weapon is "mostly" immaterial. Most States (if not all) have provisions which would probably cover most of this any way. Fake empathy to get what he really wants.... your guns.

Just think.... he cares if kids are killed with a gun but doesn't care if a Hellfire missile is used... thanks Obama.

Spoken like an employee of an ambulance chasing law firm.

He knows about as much about the law as Barney does, or in the case of this forum... Luther.

wait-what-whats-happening.gif

Maybe I'm wrong but I was told Drs get some kind of kickback for prescribing some drugs. Correct me if I'm wrong.
I definitely get no compensation for any prescriptions. That would be a conflict of interest, which is one of my problems with retail walk-in clinics. Of course Walgreens wants their provider to write a script for them to fill.

Actually, pharma laws have made it such that spouses are no longer allowed to attend dinner presentations (which basically killed those) and reps can't even leave pens, etc with drug names on them. I miss the glory days from med school and residency when we got taken to play golf and eat seafood towers and ribeyes on the pharma dollar. That was like hitting the lottery given what we made at the time.

I definitely get no compensation for any prescriptions. That would be a conflict of interest, which is one of my problems with retail walk-in clinics. Of course Walgreens wants their provider to write a script for them to fill.

Actually, pharma laws have made it such that spouses are no longer allowed to attend dinner presentations (which basically killed those) and reps can't even leave pens, etc with drug names on them. I miss the glory days from med school and residency when we got taken to play golf and eat seafood towers and ribeyes on the pharma dollar. That was like hitting the lottery given what we made at the time.
Thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to lump all docs into the same category anyway. My personal doctor does try to put me on some things that I question his reasoning. I believe some docs are quick to medicate when it's not necessary, especially with children. I'm definitely not accusing you of that. Some of those ADHD drugs I don't think are necessarily the best course of action.

Ok.

If the parent was aware the kid had made threats of the mass shooting nature and allow access, manslaughter charges if the kid actually does it. Minimum 10 years per victim. That's minimum.

If the parents are generally aware of the kid being troubled, and allow access, if the kid engages in mass shooting then some kind of criminal liability specific to that, call it what you want, but still significant prison time. I.e. 5 years per victim.

If there is no warning but the kid has access to guns, and acts, I'd call it criminally negligent homicide. 2 years minimum for victim.
You didn’t address his basic question.

You simply chased butterflies off into foul territory off the 3rd base line.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83 and hog88
Wait until the rest of the story about this kid's parents comes to light. Drugs and abuse.

At the end of the day, laws are in place to prevent this sort of tragedy. It appears there were failures on multiple levels, by none other than your friendly federal government.

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to lump all docs into the same category anyway. My personal doctor does try to put me on some things that I question his reasoning. I believe some docs are quick to medicate when it's not necessary, especially with children. I'm definitely not accusing you of that. Some of those ADHD drugs I don't think are necessarily the best course of action.
Oh I didn't take offense at all. I think most people assume the same, as that would fit the mold for most businesses, but definitely not Medicine anymore.

You've known me online for quite a while now... you know I have thicker skin than that LOL

Oh I didn't take offense at all. I think most people assume the same, as that would fit the mold for most businesses, but definitely not Medicine anymore.

You've known me online for quite a while now... you know I have thicker skin than that LOL
You should know that I value your opinion alot, especially when it comes to medical stuff. I definitely figured you weren't offended but I didn't want you to think that I didn't respect you either.

Last edited:
Honestly, stories like this, Nashville, the Trump assassination attempt, Vegas, et al make it pretty clear that the Gov really doesn't mind them happening, at all. It's just fodder for their gun control narrative. Hell, it damn near looks like the actually WANT tragedies to happen.

Ok.

If the parent was aware the kid had made threats of the mass shooting nature and allow access, manslaughter charges if the kid actually does it. Minimum 10 years per victim. That's minimum.

If the parents are generally aware of the kid being troubled, and allow access, if the kid engages in mass shooting then some kind of criminal liability specific to that, call it what you want, but still significant prison time. I.e. 5 years per victim.

If there is no warning but the kid has access to guns, and acts, I'd call it criminally negligent homicide. 2 years minimum for victim.

The question was should the parents be held criminally responsible if they knew their kid made threats of mass murder and did nothing. Regardless of what they used to commit the crime,

I’ve never started anyone on an ADHD medication because it was my idea. I also agree that I too have reservations about doing so and I normally try non stimulants first.

The issue with adhd meds though isn’t that providers are pushing. It’s more so that parents and schools are pushing them. And I’m even one of those parents. We are talking to his pcp next week about concerta because the non stimulant options just knock him out

My reservations are:

1. Anything diagnosed by a survey, I question. This isn’t a flu swab that gives us a + answer. This is a questionnaire that can easily be manipulated or can just be very subject to interpretation of the survey taker

2. It’s overwhelmingly males and the issues are almost always school only problems. No one ever comes to me and says “my kid can’t play video games for an hour”, but they can’t read the Brontë sisters for an hour in English class. Really? Me either. Perhaps your son just has a penis.

On the other side of the coin, I see my son constantly in trouble at school, struggling academically and me having to discipline him. Then I feel bad and think “what I just gave him that d@mn pill? Would he not be grounded right now?”

So the point is I don’t have a solid answer. Therefore I simply follow medical guidelines, go off what their survey responses say, and try to treat with the least amount medication as possible.

Last edited:
Reactions: InVOLuntary
But I’ve never started anyone on an ADHD medication because it was my idea. I also agree that I too have reservations about doing so and I normally try non stimulants first.

The issue with adhd meds though isn’t that providers are pushing. It’s more so that parents and schools are pushing them. And I’m even one of those parents. We are talking to his pcp next week about concerta because the non stimulant options just knock him out

My reservations are:

1. Anything diagnosed by a survey, I question. This isn’t a flu swab that gives us a + answer. This is a questionnaire that can easily be manipulated or can just be very subject to interpretation of the survey taker

2. It’s overwhelmingly males and the issues are almost always school only problems. No one ever comes to me and says “my kid can’t play video games for an hour”, but they can’t read the Brontë sisters for an hour in English class. Really? Me either. Perhaps your son just has a penis.

On the other side of the coin, I see my son constantly in trouble at school, struggling academically and me having to discipline him. Then I feel bad and think “what I just gave him that d@mn pill? Would he not be grounded right now?”

So the point is I don’t have a solid answer. Therefore I simply follow medical guidelines, go off what their survey responses say, and try to treat with the least amount medication as possible.
Perfectly understandable. Anecdotal, I probably was adhd before adhd was a thing. My parents thought I was mentally disabled. They thought this because I did poor in school. They thought this because I did terrible on achievement test. What they didn't know was I hated school. When they handed out the answer sheets on the achievement test, I never read on question, I simply randomly colored in the dots on the test. In class I would draw/doodle all day long. I wasn't a behavioral problem as I was well mannered and respectful.

My parents sent me to a psychologist. He gave me test that were unconventional. He told my parents that there was nothing wrong with me I was just bored with school. I eventually grew out of that and was fine.

I have zero doubt that today, I would be on some medication. I still don't have the attention span to read a book. My mind won't let me. My mind is too easily distracted. I get a few paragraphs in and my mind wanders. Something is the text constantly takes me on tangents. My eyes see the text but my mind doesn't comprehend what I've just read.

My fear is we don't really know what damage those drugs may do long term. We don't know this because I'm convinced that big pharma doesn't want to know.

I sincerely hope your son gets positive results from the meds and has no lasting long term issues.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83
I’ve never started anyone on an ADHD medication because it was my idea. I also agree that I too have reservations about doing so and I normally try non stimulants first.

My reservations are:

As a young man I was prescribed Zoloft for PTSD and major mood swings, social anxiety.

What are your thoughts on it?

I hated it, I felt nothing, in a fog all the time, disconnected. I decided the mood swings and stress disorders were preferable to feeling nothing. Stopped after a month.

Wait until the rest of the story about this kid's parents comes to light. Drugs and abuse.

At the end of the day, laws are in place to prevent this sort of tragedy. It appears there were failures on multiple levels, by none other than your friendly federal government.

How would the federal government have anything to do with drugs and abuse ?

How stupid can a person be for purchasing a firearm for your son knowing damn well he’s been on FBI watch for over a year?

Not defending the shooter’s actions but the kid never had a chance to begin with.

Idiots….
Dude got arrested and that should come as no surprise considering how stupid he was/is.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
The warnings were not ignored. You guys have no clue how many "potential threats" every school gets every year.
Should they have gone in and removed the guns from the boy's home?
I read the Sheriff's department followed up and interviewed the kid and his dad. Found nothing to continue the investigation or pursue additional action.

I also thought the same thing about not knowing how many warnings on potential threats are received. Anyone with an axe to grind drops an anonymous "tip." Too many and they become noise.

Reactions: luthervol

VN Store

Back