Another start to the school year, another shooting; nothing will change

No - you aren't really that simplistic.......are you?

No, you brought it up. There is clearly all kinds of context and factors. You won't clearly identify what you issue(s) are.

A knife caused the same carnage as an assault gun? The talent of the user makes all the difference. The weapon is a mere stone at the bottom of the creek otherwise.
I find that whole line of reasoning beyond absurd and really not even worthy of debate.
I view it's use as the equivalent of the poster choosing to wear a big dunce cap.

I don't give a crap about someone's formal education. If they make sense than it doesn't matter. If Luther is educated, that would be an example of a failed education system. If he's not elderly, he has all kinds of issues.

He's not elderly, early-mid 50's.

And he is educated. GT IIRC.

The rest is up to you to decipher. Doesn't appear you need my opinion. But, in all seriousness he is a nice guy regardless. And I'm not disputing your opinions of him. I've seen his stuff for some time. And his continuum too. Just sayin' if you catch him early enough in the morning you can drink a beer with him.

I find that whole line of reasoning beyond absurd and really not even worthy of debate.
I view it's use as the equivalent of the poster choosing to wear a big dunce cap.

What is your exact problem in this thread? You claimed you wanted control and regulation. That exists. Anything else?

I don't see a lot of fully automatic weapons used is mass killing events, which is a very good thing.

So maybe regulation is more effective than some like to believe.
Because they are banned, not legal to own at all except in a very few, very specific cases.

What is your exact problem in this thread? You claimed you wanted control and regulation. [B]That exists. [/B] Anything else?
My position was that the weapon of choice matters. Others seemed to be claiming otherwise.

I think their position is stupid and indefensible.....and I guess ironically, not even worthy of debate.

So the person with a knife did not cause equivilent damage as our AR yielding shooter.

The only people that can deny mass killings will happen regardless of the weapon chosen are the poisoned people that think only automatics can carry out mass killings, and anything else doesn't fit the narrative. How many people did Jim Jones kill with fruit punch? You're derangement has seemed to cause some damage the last few years.

My position was that the weapon of choice matters. Others seemed to be claiming otherwise.

I think their position is stupid and indefensible.....and I guess ironically, not even worthy of debate.

Okay the weapon matters for debate. What issue(s) do you have in this thread because it appears you have an issue of some type?

You have regulation and control as you wished, I guess I don't see what all this non-debate debate is about?

You have to look at it like a sane person, it appears you are reaching to take weapons away from people that have a legal right to have them. (its implied imo)

It's not indefensible when a person with a knife inflicted the exact same results as a person with an AR. You're just a denier.

He's not elderly, early-mid 50's.

And he is educated. GT IIRC.

The rest is up to you to decipher. Doesn't appear you need my opinion. But, in all seriousness he is a nice guy regardless. And I'm not disputing your opinions of him. I've seen his stuff for some time. And his continuum too. Just sayin' if you catch him early enough in the morning you can drink a beer with him.

I would probably put him in the same basket as LG if he's not elderly. He is not outwardly lying as LG normally does to gain empathy, he is using ignore as the tool to waste people's time.

Except for that rapid fire knife that killed 3 and injured 10.

I'm still trying to figure out what he is saying. He saying "regulation" works I guess. Well, there is regulation on firearms.

I'm not sure what he is even trying to say.

So the person with a knife did not cause equivilent damage as our AR yielding shooter.

The only people that can deny mass killings will happen regardless of the weapon chosen are the poisoned people that think only automatics can carry out mass killings, and anything else doesn't fit the narrative. How many people did Jim Jones kill with fruit punch? You're derangement has seemed to cause some damage the last few years.
A knife and an AR are not equally deadly. No need to even pretend as if they are.

No one has ever claimed mass killings will not happen. No one has ever claimed automatics are the only way to carry out mass killings.

jesh

I find it amazing that you honestly believe you are making a point.
I find it amazing that someone whose a teacher can't see the obvious point... similar amount of people killed and injured by a knife in a country where gun ownership isn't allowed..leaning killers will kill regardless of laws...

Reactions: MR_VOL
A knife and an AR are not equally deadly. No need to even pretend as if they are.

No one has ever claimed mass killings will not happen. No one has ever claimed automatics are the only way to carry out mass killings.

jesh

Okay, what are you claiming? 😂

I find it amazing that someone whose a teacher can't see the obvious point... similar amount of people killed and injured by a knife in a country where gun ownership isn't allowed..leaning killers will kill regardless of laws...

Luther is a teacher? :eek:

Reactions: whodeycin85
It's not indefensible when a person with a knife inflicted the exact same results as a person with an AR. You're just a denier.
You can not honestly believe you are making a valid point. If you actually do, I've given you far to much credit - I'm about to put you in LSU-SIU status.

You can not honestly believe you are making a valid point. If you actually do, I've given you far to much credit - I'm about to put you in LSU-SIU status.

Well, logically they both can kill. Personally, my weapon of choice would be a dump truck... if possible. I'm trying to figure out what this discussion is about.

Which completely proves the effectiveness of regulation.
If you ban something completely it will have the intended effect............. And as the government continues to conspire with lobbyists to work against the interest of the people......I can provide multiple examples, what is left? What do we do, what is our recourse?

Is the illusion of safety worth it when the government is a larger threat?

You do realize the government, it's lobbyists and the conglomerates that own just about everything are responsible 100's more X's deaths of children and countless more adults every year.

We have to work more, longer hours, be away from our family. The government educating our children and becoming less effective in doing so generation over generation. All to keep the machine humming, but we aren't enough anymore. Now we have to subsidize our numbers.

It's certainly a difficult question, because you are right, bans work to some degree but my distrust of the government just doesn't let me believe they won't stack it to their favor.

They would probably just turn guns into the next big thing they conspire to smuggle into the country illegally.

Where do you get grenades?
58 or 59 years ago an elementary school student brought a grenade to school in Knoxville (Inskip Elementary) and set it off. His grandfather had it as a war relic........

jesh
again, you are talking potential, and not reality.

the FBI has knives killing 3x more people than an AR. AR's qualify as rifles in this break down. I think that would make knives far more deadly, as there are more deaths associated with them.

its similar to the arguments that Constitutional carry was going to cause shoot outs all over the place. when your "possible" is so far removed reality its impossible to take it seriously. especially in the case of guns where the much better argument would to be to go after handguns as the overall #1 weapon for murder. but you are fine with them, but draw the line at rifles which kills 1/20th the number.

If you ban something completely it will have the intended effect............. And as the government continues to conspire with lobbyists to work against the interest of the people......I can provide multiple examples, what is left? What do we do, what is our recourse?

Is the illusion of safety worth it when the government is a larger threat?

You do realize the government, it's lobbyists and the conglomerates that own just about everything are responsible 100's more X's deaths of children and countless more adults every year.

We have to work more, longer hours, be away from our family. The government educating our children and becoming less effective in doing so generation over generation. All to keep the machine humming, but we aren't enough anymore. Now we have to subsidize our numbers.

It's certainly a difficult question, because you are right, bans work to some degree but my distrust of the government just doesn't let me believe they won't stack it to their favor.

They would probably just turn guns into the next big thing they conspire to smuggle into the country illegally.
bans don't work. Its 2024, the drugs won the war on drugs. and there was never a right for them. if bans worked prisons wouldn't have contraband, including guns, get into prisons.

the successful bans he points to are small or isolated populations, much easier to control.

what all of them want, but won't admit, is a disarmed population that will be victims so that the government can grant itself more power so they can "protect" the more vulnerable population.

Reactions: MR_VOL

VN Store

Back