Anyone worried about Nico...

NEWDAYVOL

...trying to run too much next year? I am not THAT concerned, so please don't take this as a "you're overthinking things/ worrying too much" post...but it is a concern.

Will they work some of that out of him in pre-season? He doesn't have near the body of Joe Milton to handle hit after hit. I feel Joe Milton chose his spots (to run) very wisely and then of course there were designed runs. All that is fine. But I do think if Nico continues to try to run as much as he did vs. Iowa, on that frame/body, he'll be out for the season in 7 games. If he is the star we hope he is, I'd like to see him run half as much as he did vs. Iowa.

Well, LSU's qb that won heisman this year, led his team in rushing gaining over 1000 yds. Did he run too much? Not trying to be a smart alec, just pondering.

Edit: I will concede that LSU let Daniels run, knowing they had a backup with some experience in that offense. Not sure that applies to us, at this time.

Last edited:
I'm hoping Santa brought him a couple of these.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
...trying to run too much next year? I am not THAT concerned, so please don't take this as a "you're overthinking things/ worrying too much" post...but it is a concern.

Will they work some of that out of him in pre-season? He doesn't have near the body of Joe Milton to handle hit after hit. I feel Joe Milton chose his spots (to run) very wisely and then of course there were designed runs. All that is fine. But I do think if Nico continues to try to run as much as he did vs. Iowa, on that frame/body, he'll be out for the season in 7 games. If he is the star we hope he is, I'd like to see him run half as much as he did vs. Iowa.
I seem to remember some negative loon speaking about the tendency for the one player or 3 that UT couldn't afford to lose in every sport seemingly getting injured and that the one player next year that simply couldn't be lost being Nico. Pretty sure he was ridiculed and digitally flogged for his incessant negativity. Just one of those legion of the miserable dumb asses I guess.

Everyone write down on a 3x5 card how much weight you'd like Nico to gain in the off-season. Mail that to Freak, we'll collect them all up, Sara Clark can write a computer program to find the median, mean, and average of all our goals, and we'll take the e to the pi-i -1 square root of that, and let Nico know what his next several months should look like.

Get on it, folks, time's a ticking.

Heh.

Go Vols!

If he didn't run at all and threw 4 tds, someone on here would be concerned he was too much of a statue. He actually didn't get hit when he took off. He got harder on the sacks.

Not at all. He's a pass first guy and only ran because the pocket was breaking down. It's good that he can run when he NEEDS to or by design.

VN Store

Back