Anyone worried about Nico...

Dude, find some joy in your life! The passive-agressive shot on CJH is simply not necessary, not funny, and doesn't contribute anything other than showing you are a miserable human.
Gopherprovol, it was simply a joke. You are not necessary unless you are washing my balls, cleaning my clubs, or helping me read a green.

I would worry more about him getting his anticipation better and delivering the ball on time. Should come in the off season.

we could see from the stands at the bowl game, he had plays like Hooker use to get. Those with wide open receivers for bigger gains but he was a tad late seeing it and ended up throwing short.
Gopher pro, those problems would already be corrected if he had gotten meaningful snaps. But we had to play the 9th year senior that throws the prettiest incomplete pass I ever saw.

I'm hoping Santa brought him a couple of these.

"Hydrogenated Oils" No thank you. Artery cloggers. It pays to read the labels if you want to avoid health issues later.

He's thin, and, yes, like any QB who runs quite a bit there is a definite risk of injury. He'll have to make a habit of getting
down before getting hit.

I grew up with a lot of Samoan kids and I don't recall one of them who I would have worried about not being tough enough.
Warning, politically incorrect comment follows: I'm guessing Nico will have to worry more about keeping weight off if his family is any indication of his genetic predisposal to weight.

Warning, politically incorrect comment follows: I'm guessing Nico will have to worry more about keeping weight off if his family is any indication of his genetic predisposal to weight.
Not only politically incorrect, but uncalled for and stupid.

You hit the trifecta. :)

Go Vols!

Not only politically incorrect, but uncalled for and stupid.

You hit the trifecta. :)

Go Vols!
Go VOLS!

Edit: It wasn't meant as an insult. It was an observation. Samoans are large people although I think the American Samoans are larger than their Western Samoan cousins. I think there is a reason why BYU has an unusually high number of linemen with Samoan bloodlines.

Last edited:
Reactions: VFL-82-JP
Why? It's a fan website. It's what we do.
Just feel all the worrying is unnecessary. I figure he will report to Fall camp about 10 to 15 poinds heavier. Just hope the extra weight is all muscle and doesn't mess with his speed and elusiveness.

Probably should be worrying more about the offensive line protection, defensive backfield and lack of a #1 wide receiver who can run the correct route and has good hands.

If you don't want Nico to get hit, encourage him to play tiddlywinks. Football is not a contact sport, basketball is. Football is a collision sport. Put Nico in a pick tutu if you're that concerned. I'm sure opposing defenders will honor it and not hit him.

Reactions: loservol
If you don't want Nico to get hit, encourage him to play tiddlywinks. Football is not a contact sport, basketball is. Football is a collision sport. Put Nico in a pick tutu if you're that concerned. I'm sure opposing defenders will honor it and not hit him.
In this day and time you never know. We would have bragging rights to be the first team to win a championship with a QB who wears a pink tutu.

Reactions: Remy
Gopher pro, those problems would already be corrected if he had gotten meaningful snaps. But we had to play the 9th year senior that throws the prettiest incomplete pass I ever saw.
I guess you are right....I mean it isnt like he had a 60% completion percentage with 11 picks out of 477 attempts like Peyton did his senior year with a 147.7 rating.

Oh that is right, he had a 64% completion percentage with only 5 picks out of 364 attempts.

Peyton is by far the goat in both college and the NFL (Brady had better teams, Peyton was the better player) but you are smoking too much of that meth you are making if you think Joe sucked.

I guess you are right....I mean it isnt like he had a 60% completion percentage with 11 picks out of 477 attempts like Peyton did his senior year with a 147.7 rating.

Oh that is right, he had a 64% completion percentage with only 5 picks out of 364 attempts.

Peyton is by far the goat in both college and the NFL (Brady had better teams, Peyton was the better player) but you are smoking too much of that meth you are making if you think Joe sucked.
Hopefully and soon, we will have a Milton sub-forum for those of you who can't put down that torch for a mediocre QB.

Gopherprovol, it was simply a joke. You are not necessary unless you are washing my balls, cleaning my clubs, or helping me read a green.
Typical miserable human being, insults and negative thinking is all you got! Like I said before, find some joy, get a dog, do something that makes you laugh....cause you are wasting your life being negative.

9-4 was a great year with perspective - top receiver got hurt, swiss cheese secondary, our other receivers were not as good as last years. But last year had 2 NFL draft picks but that is just a minor detail.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Dobbs - 225 / 357 63% 2946yds 27 TD 12 picks

Joe - 229 / 354 64% 2,813yds 20 TD 5 picks

So Dobbs was mediocre as well?
QB's like Manning, Dobbs, Hooker and Tee gave their all and I respect all 4 for that. I'm hoping in the future, Nico will be part of that group of alltime great Vol QB's.

Milton will always be remembered as that QB wo had all the measurables, but lacked that willingness to do what it takes to win.

I’m on a Food City blueberry muffin diet. 15 pounds are extremely easy to gain.

Typical miserable human being, insults and negative thinking is all you got! Like I said before, find some joy, get a dog, do something that makes you laugh....cause you are wasting your life being negative.

9-4 was a great year with perspective - top receiver got hurt, swiss cheese secondary, our other receivers were not as good as last years. But last year had 2 NFL draft picks but that is just a minor detail.
Gomerpro, like I said it was a joke. Pretending you know about people based on words typed on an anonymous message board is foolish.

But hey this is your opportunity to realize your mistake or you can triple down. Because I’m responding to the double down.

VN Store

Back