Appropriate punishment or not?

I was born in WV and my great great grandfather owned coal mines and oil wells. There is a coal mine on fire to this day in PA. My great great grandfather loaded up the cart full of dynamite and sent it into his rivals mine. Whole city still burns underground and will forever.

My grandmother says I am the spitting image of him.

Words can cause stocks to crumble, reputations to be ruined, wars to start, lies to be believed. Words are powerful. It’s why we have slander laws.
West Virginia.

Explains a lot.

:)

Reactions: hog88 and McDad
27 years old vs 77 years old. That's a problem, imo. It might as well have been a 27 year old against an 8 year old in terms of their ability to take a punch and not die. Don't punch old people and kill them even if they use a word that upsets you. Old people are sometimes a$$holes. That's just the way it is. Deal with it. They're not going to change, so you're not going to teach them any lessons by decking them, and in the worst case, you may accidentally kill them. So there is absolutely no upside other than the very temporary high you get from releasing your frustration.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Bull ****

I saw a lot of people end up in dumpsters and sidewalks in my early 20s because they said the wrong thing and the people doing it never were triggered. Just viewed it as business and needed to make an example. They moved on immediately afterwards.

I do believe if you can walk away you should but if you can’t a child is being terrorized it’s different. Now a friend man insulting me I just laugh it off now. It’s just words to me. But to a kid being terrorized I view it differently.

I was born in WV and my great great grandfather owned coal mines and oil wells. There is a coal mine on fire to this day in PA. My great great grandfather loaded up the cart full of dynamite and sent it into his rivals mine. Whole city still burns underground and will forever.

Centralia PA. Story was actually incorporated into the making of Silent Hill.

A little lesson on Florida law in a practical application. Florida law makes an enhancement to a battery if beatee is over 60.

Anyhoo, I had a buddy with me at a local bar and the guy sitting next to him was a belligerent jack wagon. Finally, said jack wagon asked my buddy to step outside to which he responded, "How old are you?"

Jack Wagon - "I'm 63 years old and I am gonna whoop your a$$."

Buddy - "Go f-yourself. I'm not going to jail for killing a decrepit old drunk."

I worked in food service. Here's a pro tip when your order is jacked, if you treat the people with respect, understanding, and calmness they will go above and beyond that day and in the future when they see you. You make an ass of yourself and you are likely getting a loogey in your latte.
I worked in the food service industry in just about every capacity there was my entire working career.. From mopping floors to flipping burgers, sales, marketing, restaurant owner. you name it.
I never witnessed anyone doing something disgusting to food nor would I have tolerated it. I would have called that individual out and fired them on the spot if I was in that position.
Hocking a loogie as you stated is as disgusting as it gets. Anyone who would do that , condone it or think it's funny is a pretty low character.

I worked in the food service industry in just about every capacity there was my entire working career.. From mopping floors to flipping burgers, sales, marketing, restaurant owner. you name it.
I never witnessed anyone doing something disgusting to food nor would I have tolerated it. I would have called that individual out and fired them on the spot if I was in that position.
Hocking a loogie as you stated is as disgusting as it gets. Anyone who would do that , condone it or think it's funny is a pretty low character.

My cousin was visiting from Tennessee a few years back. On their way home they stopped at a local Hardee’s for breakfast. He saw a dude in the back drop a biscuit, pick it up off the floor, and proceed to make whatever with it. My cousin demanded his money back and told what he had just witnessed and everyone in there tossed their food and got a refund.

I'm just enjoying that when a customer comes in berating employees and calling them the N word, you automatically assume the customer was in the right. That is quite something
I enjoy that when a emoloyee/manager starts a physical confrontation that ends up with the death of a customer via direct violent action you automatically assume the employee was in the right.

Reactions: Rickyvol77 and NEO
I saw a lot of people end up in dumpsters and sidewalks in my early 20s because they said the wrong thing and the people doing it never were triggered. Just viewed it as business and needed to make an example. They moved on immediately afterwards.

I do believe if you can walk away you should but if you can’t a child is being terrorized it’s different. Now a friend man insulting me I just laugh it off now. It’s just words to me. But to a kid being terrorized I view it differently.
Seeing others approach violence dispassionately is one thing. Doing it yourself is another.

Are you that type of person?

Because you said sometimes people need slapped or suffer “negative consequences” for their actions.
Yes. I view slapping and punching differently. Both assault. But not the same to me. Haven't yet found a way to explain why.

Agreed.

But it happens...especially when customer is being a colossal arse.

I'm just enjoying that when a customer comes in berating employees and calling them the N word, you automatically assume the customer was in the right. That is quite something

The fact you think it’s ok to physically assault someone over a word that results in death is ok is quite something. Of course that’s the problem with todays world. Examples like the old man are what’s holding people back and not the sh***y work ethic that pissed him off enough to come inside. Can’t be dizrespekkeded.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
@NEO
Does it go the other way with your kids? If they were saying ugly, horrible things to someone and kept on after their warning, do you slap or punch them?

Seeing others approach violence dispassionately is one thing. Doing it yourself is another.

Are you that type of person?

Vague question. Can you be more specific?

If you are asking if I could kill someone like an intruder and not think twice about it then yes I could. At that moment it’s not emotional. it’s survival of the fittest and my family is counting on me. I either do my job or I fail at my job. It becomes business.

@NEO
Does it go the other way with your kids? If they were saying ugly, horrible things to someone and kept on after their warning, do you slap or punch them?

My children were raised to be respectful and I was raised to never ever touch a woman but if I ever saw my son call a woman a whore we would be having a very serious conversation. My son was raised to open car doors, open doors, say yes sir and yes man and stand up for those who can’t stand for themselves.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back