'24 AR RB Braylen Russell (Arkansas commit)

No but I once won a rather large stuffed animal there for throwing a ball into a bucket without it bouncing out. #talented

I also had one too many beers and ate too many funnel cakes and threw up that evening. #alsotalented
I find that if you throw up from the too many beers and funnel cakes into that bucket, getting that ball to stay in the bucket without bouncing out becomes a lot easier.

Fla & SC can sign the exact same kid as Tennessee and they’d be rated higher in recruiting rankings. It’s all subjective.

It’s subjective for sure, but I still maintain it is meaningful over multiple successive years. A quick review of recent recruiting rankings was all you needed to know exactly what was about to happen in the national title game.

Didn’t matter that TCU played so well as a team - they sucked at recruiting and got annihilated by 5-stars.

It’s almost impossible to win a title without consistent top 10 recruiting

As to Florida, they seem to pump guys into the NFL regardless of their recruiting rankings

It’s subjective for sure, but I still maintain it is meaningful over multiple successive years. A quick review of recent recruiting rankings was all you needed to know exactly what was about to happen in the national title game.

Didn’t matter that TCU played so well as a team - they sucked at recruiting and got annihilated by 5-stars.

It’s almost impossible to win a title without consistent top 10 recruiting

As to Florida, they seem to pump guys into the NFL regardless of their recruiting rankings

TCU vs Ga was about as wide a spread on recruiting rankings as you can get.

I think we will finish 6-7 this year.
1. UGA
2. OSU
3. Bama
4. Florida (if the can hold it)
5. USC (13 commits, sitting at 8th currently)
6. Vols
7. Clemson (12 commits, sitting at 12th currently and they arguably have a better class)
8. Oregon (Sitting at 7th, similar class to ours)

Could prob flip flop us and Clemson, but then again we will prob be somewhere in the 280-290 range, which is usually top 5

Will also depend on who gets ratings bumps. Ginther has been bumped by a couple services, could also get bumped in the other 2. Targets like Okoye and O’Connell may also receive more stars. I could see Russell moving up too.

Will also depend on who gets ratings bumps. Ginther has been bumped by a couple services, could also get bumped in the other 2. Targets like Okoye and O’Connell may also receive more stars. I could see Russell moving up too.

True. But you also have to expect some guys will get bumped down as well.

I think we will finish 6-7 this year.
1. UGA
2. OSU
3. Bama
4. Florida (if the can hold it)
5. USC (13 commits, sitting at 8th currently)
6. Vols
7. Clemson (12 commits, sitting at 12th currently and they arguably have a better class)
8. Oregon (Sitting at 7th, similar class to ours)

Could prob flip flop us and Clemson, but then again we will prob be somewhere in the 280-290 range, which is usually top 5
If we finish 6-7, that means we will have lost our bowl game, no?

Committing at 6:30 CST on July 14th. Do not like having to wait all day for that
I'll be happy to wait all day if Russell commits to Tennessee!

images

We need a top notch RB each cycle so this would check that box. Hope we can close the deal. Looks like we will know a lot about our recruiting class in a month!

A RB room with Seldon, Keith, Bishop, Lewis, and Russell over two classes is stacked. That's a lot of versatility.
Matt Ray said the kid weighed in at 250 when he showed up at UT and didn't look over 225. Said he carries his weight better than anyone he's ever seen.

Could be scary against a 6 man box.

The only other definitive decision we know coming is Braylen Russell, who will announce his decision on his birthday July 14th at 6:30 p.m. It’s a Tennessee and Arkansas battle and we have said we thought the Vols had the momentum going into the weekend. He had a phenomenal visit last week so nothing has changed in our mind.
-VQ

VN Store

Back