Arkansas comparison to Florida

The Tennessee game for Florida is like the Kentucky game for Tennessee.
You don't want to be the team that loses that game.
I expect Florida to be ready to lay it on the line.
I hope our guys are ready
We better be ready. The Gators will bring it. They have a lot of talent and will drill us again if we don’t do better than last week

UF is a really efficient passing team. Are playing better in general lately. UT doesnt seem to have much going offensively at all. I think gators win 24-17.
The truth hurts and this is the truth. Gators are not as bad as folks think. Mertz is completing 85% of his passes. He doesn’t throw a lot, but when he does it is accurate and usually in the 5-15 yard range. Our soft zone D is going to get chewed up by him.

Reactions: 08Vol
I've forgotten how many times over the last 20 year that we were going to kick the **** out of Florida. And thanks to Mr. West, the numbers are even more embarrassing the further back you go. It's an annual groundhog day when Florida week rolls around. To think this, of all teams, will buck the trend is nuts.
Please, remind me again, what is Florida's record against Heupel in Neyland?

I've forgotten how many times over the last 20 year that we were going to kick the **** out of Florida. And thanks to Mr. West, the numbers are even more embarrassing the further back you go. It's an annual groundhog day when Florida week rolls around. To think this, of all teams, will buck the trend is nuts.
Last year (2023) we watched UT-FL game while dining at a Primanti Bros. restaurant in eastern PA. The food was great, but our digestion was ruined by watching the Vols crumble in Gainesville. Grrrr.:(

UF scoring D 74th at 24.4 ppg, Arkansas is 34th for 19 ppg (why could we not even score this much?!?!)

UF run D is 101st at 174 ypg, Arkansas is 29th at 101 ypg

UF has two losses that are ugly...41-17 to Miami and 33-20 to Texas A&M

Arkansas has two closes losses...38-31 to OSU in double OT, and 21-17 to Texas A&M

In summary, Arkansas is a much better team than UF and its home vs on the road, where Heupel struggles at least one game a year (needs to fix that!)

I think we are going to kick the **** out of Florida. And looking forward to it.

Okay, maybe that's overstating it. BVS is a thing. But we should have a much easier time with Florida. Period, dot.

Most don’t want to admit it, but Arkansas is a good team. It’s insane that people will argue against that

Yeah yeah, but rarely has the disparity been this large.

I mean how many times have we actually had a talent advantage? Rarely. That dipshit Jones should have been at least 3-2 against Florida and you can make a case for 4-1, but only managed 1-4. Two of those losses were particularly painful.

We arguably had a talent advantage in 2 or 3 of the Jones years, but it was slight. I think this year we are >> the gators.

We will find out soon enough if that translates to a dominant win, or even a win at all.

I don’t think you have a talent advantage, you could maybe even argue Florida has that. But you do have a major coaching advantage, coupled with a home field advantage.

I think Florida and Arkansas are similar. I think Arkansas has a better defense, I think Florida has a better offense.

I’ve picked TN to win this game because I don’t trust Napier and I don’t trust UF’s defense. But Florida is plenty talented. A decent coach could go 9-3 with this group.

I mean how many times have we actually had a talent advantage? Rarely. That dipshit Jones should have been at least 3-2 against Florida and you can make a case for 4-1, but only managed 1-4. Two of those losses were particularly painful.

We arguably had a talent advantage in 2 or 3 of the Jones years, but it was slight. I think this year we are >> the gators.

We will find out soon enough if that translates to a dominant win, or even a win at all.
In the polls and the development and chemistry we have the advantage.
The recruiting shows Florida with a better composite of players, although you still have to play it on the field, so as you say we will find out soon enough.
We are 0 & 8 coming off a loss when playing UF.

Reactions: Jaws
I pointed out last week that Arkansas should not be overlooked. The Vols aren’t going to be the last team the piggies surprise.

Florida is a long Peninsula where as Arkansas is a land locked state and is more of boxy shaped state with a diagonal looking slash into one side.

Last edited:
How often were we favored by over two TDs?
I would rather be the underdog. We don't handle being heavily favored too much (i.e.. Arkansas, South Carolina (2022) and allot of the Florda matchups).

I really want to just kick their butt. However, they will play hard thinking beating us will save their coach's job.

UF is a really efficient passing team. Are playing better in general lately. UT doesnt seem to have much going offensively at all. I think gators win 24-17.

Season 1 Omg GIF by Friends

Reactions: BanditVol
I pointed out last week that Arkansas should not be overlooked. The Vols aren’t going to be the last team the piggies surprise.
Biased now that we lost to them, but they could certainly beat LSU, Ole Miss, and Mizzou. Also Texas has to play there, though I think they are a more complete team compared to us.

Forget the unknown health at WR, bring in the TEs and run the dang ball. I'll take a boring game if it's a W. I'm really worried about this game.

In the polls and the development and chemistry we have the advantage.
The recruiting shows Florida with a better composite of players, although you still have to play it on the field, so as you say we will find out soon enough.
We are 0 & 8 coming off a loss when playing UF.
Recruiting shows UF has better players? Um, what? Are you factoring in the portal? They lost a ton last season.

May totally happen, but I'm always in the believe it when I see it camp regarding Florida until we beat them handily at least 3-4 times.

I remember one game when we had a would be tackler running side by side with the Fla running back(who had the ball by the way) down the field. It's like we forget how to play football when they step on the field. Maybe it all started with the Gafney "catch" in the endzone to seal the win for them. Something's definitely afoot. Anyway let's put on more steam and beat these Warble Lizards into submission .... Leonard's Loser .... Florida

VN Store

Back