Arkansas comparison to Florida

Arkansas outgained OSU by almost 300 yards but had three costly turnovers and mutiple critical penalties that let OSU come back and tie the game…I was impressed with their QB but he made too many mistakes. He got his mistakes under control and played a great game against us…I believe they are better than Florida but that means nothing. We have to come out strong

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnoliaVol
UF scoring D 74th at 24.4 ppg, Arkansas is 34th for 19 ppg (why could we not even score this much?!?!)

UF run D is 101st at 174 ypg, Arkansas is 29th at 101 ypg

UF has two losses that are ugly...41-17 to Miami and 33-20 to Texas A&M

Arkansas has two closes losses...38-31 to OSU in double OT, and 21-17 to Texas A&M

In summary, Arkansas is a much better team than UF and its home vs on the road, where Heupel struggles at least one game a year (needs to fix that!)

I think we are going to kick the **** out of Florida. And looking forward to it.

Okay, maybe that's overstating it. BVS is a thing. But we should have a much easier time with Florida. Period, dot.
That will make it all the more disgusting if we lose to another crappy UF team.

That will make it all the more disgusting if we lose to another crappy UF team.

That is why I am so negative on this game. Everybody and their mothers are saying this UF team is trash, no good, rotten, etc. None of that matters on Saturday when the Gators come out and swing way above their weight class and Billy coaches the game of his life against us.

A loss this weekend puts us out of the post season unless we somehow win out, which is highly unlikely. Every game matters at this point but having our pivotal "get right" game against the Gators is a terrifying position to be in for a Tennessee fan given the series history.

We gave up 28 to Mississippi State.
I’m not in a place to talk smack to Gators, bc until we actually beat you when we’re supposed to. Not that I would talk smack to you anyway bc you’re a good guy. I think we should be able to win this game and I think Florida is going to have some choices to make on defense. If it were me, I’d load the box and force the struggling RS Fr QB to beat me. I haven’t watched enough of your games recently to know what your strengths and weaknesses are, but the stats say you guys struggle stopping the run.

The FL fans I know are quietly hoping for the VOLS to win. A Gator victory would maybe give Napier a contract extension- something they do NOT want.
The Hot Seat Bowl. Even if Napier wins this week, Florida will probably lose to Kentucky next week.

Last edited:
Florida's losses look less and less bad as the season goes on. Miami is 6-0 and A&M is 5-1 with their only loss to ND. I do not think they are a better team than us by any stretch. My point is they are a lot better than people are giving them credit for. They are not a bad team they are a bad Florida team which is a totally different thing. We can't overlook them like we did Arkansas.

UT has 2 bad teams left on their schedule. UTEP and Miss State. those are bad teams by any metric. Every other team remaining on our schedule is a proven threat on the field this season. UTEP might be as bad or worse than Kent State. Miss State is likely to be 2-7 when we meet.

The stakes in this game are also interesting. If we lose to Florida it would really really suck badly and probably dash playoff hopes. But with this crazy season who knows. For Florida this game is their whole season, their coaches job, all that. If they don't beat us their path to 6 wins is rough. Their remaining schedule is easily the toughest left in the nation.

1728666707947.png

Thats a rough stretch. Kentucky and FSU are their best bets for wins but that puts them at 5. Kentucky is a hard out but its at home and a night game. FSU is on the road and a rivalry. Trust me if Florida comes into that game with 5 wins FSU will move the earth to win. The rest of their schedule is against top 9 teams plus 13 LSU. They do have LSU and Ole Miss at home. I feel like they come in a team in desperation which makes them dangerous if we don't slap them down early.

I’m not in a place to talk smack to Gators, bc until we actually beat you when we’re supposed to. Not that I would talk smack to you anyway bc you’re a good guy. I think we should be able to win this game and I think Florida is going to have some choices to make on defense. If it were me, I’d load the box and force the struggling RS Fr QB to beat me. I haven’t watched enough of your games recently to know what your strengths and weaknesses are, but the stats say you guys struggle stopping the run.

We struggle stopping the run, and our secondary struggles in zone coverage.

Arkansas was masterful at dropping guys into coverage against your young QB.

We had coverage busts all over the place attempting to stay in front of Cam Ward and A&M‘s mobile backup QB.

If UF pulls the upset, I might buy into some weird voodoo vibe working in our favor. But UT has the better team this season and should win by a couple TDs.

We struggle stopping the run, and our secondary struggles in zone coverage.

Arkansas was masterful at dropping guys into coverage against your young QB.

We had coverage busts all over the place attempting to stay in front of Cam Ward and A&M‘s mobile backup QB.

If UF pulls the upset, I might buy into some weird voodoo vibe working in our favor. But UT has the better team this season and should win by a couple TDs.
I feel like what you say is true. But, its been a weird season in the top 25 and the SEC in general. I think this is the make or break game for Billy Napier.

VN Store

Back