As of right now in the SEC, Tennessee is...

Beating WKU and AP is not an accomplishment, it's a given. How long have you been a UT fan? The "negavols" simply have higher expectations and it's hard to celebrate mediocrity.

Not an accomplishment??? U realize this team has been through coaching changes, players leaving, and not to consider a few years of Dooley but yet they have came out and played as a team like we use to see. You can call it what you want I don't care but I'm proud if the team I have seen so far and their ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Good thing you don't play for us I wouldn't want your attitude screwing up what we have. If we lose from here on out it won't be because of heart and effort I can tell you that. GBO

Reactions: 2 people
Not an accomplishment??? U realize this team has been through coaching changes, players leaving, and not to consider a few years of Dooley but yet they have came out and played as a team like we use to see. You can call it what you want I don't care but I'm proud if the team I have seen so far and their ACCOMPLISHMENTS. Good thing you don't play for us I wouldn't want your attitude screwing up what we have. If we lose from here on out it won't be because of heart and effort I can tell you that. GBO

If Dooley was coach we still would've beaten these two teams. Would you call it an accomplishment then? Look I'm high on Butch Jones too, but these are the games we're supposed to win. I'm proud too of the way these guys have improved, you can see it in their energy level and excitement. If they go to a bowl game and/or beat a top 25 ranked team that's an accomplishment. Some people on here like to say "We're Tennessee" out of one side of their mouth as the reason we're gonna upset Oregon, while chest bumping each other for beating up on AP and WKU. It's ridiculous.

Reactions: 1 person
Seriously? After you play games against Austin Peay and WKU, whereas UGA played Clemson and USCe, Florida played Miami, and other teams played some decent opponents?

Insanity.

Shut up you negavo----

Nevermind, carry on. Lol

WKU is a decent team. They had almost 3x the total yards we had in the first half despite 5 consecutive series with a TO.

OK, I'm no mathematician, but splain this too me please. When 5 of your offensive series in a row are turned over inside the 30YL, and 2 of those 5 were pick six TDs ... then what was the maximum amount of total yards that we could have possibly had in those remaining 3 possessions? Also, their offense did a pretty good job of ball control in the two drives that bookended that 5 possession disaster. So, not much time left in the first half anyway.

I mean at some point you have to consider the absolute physical limitations of a stat such as "total yards" dontchya?

We should be tops in all categories after playing two terrible teams like AP and WKU.
If we ain't there is something wrong. What did u expect, to be last? Let's see where our defense is after this week and where our offense is after next week. That will be a good measuring stick for how good we are. No disrespect meant but we have played two pitiful teams that we should blow out every year

So, if we extrapolate, Tennessee can run the ball score as well as stop the opponent's run game and scoring. I guess this comes from Tennessee having such commanding leads that have forced AP and WKU to abandon the run and throw it around with aplomb. I guess the scary stat is the 12th in total offense against two very sub-par opponents.

Yeah we looked terrible!! 97points in 2 games is weak,weak,weak. I'm not sure which eleven teams in this conference scored more than us, but with fans like you not sure what would have been acceptable. Remember we played 2nd and third teamers the entire second half of the AP game
As far as your comment about commanding leads causing teams throw with desperation, doesn't add up. Most of the WKU turnovers were in the first period! GO VOLS.

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Now let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Nothing was certain with that coaching staff, ala Troy, Mizzou, 30 point loss to Candy....

Need I say more?

Please dont.

I've been trying really hard, which my liver can attest, to not even know what you're talking about.

I wish there were more Vols fans on this forum! Seems like there's a lot of non-Vols fans on here. :confused:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Now let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Nothing was certain with that coaching staff, ala Troy, Mizzou, 30 point loss to Candy....

Need I say more?

Dooley beat ncst and cincinatti at the beginning of the year. Lets see how this team plays against auburn and Missouri before we crown butch jones king of the world. If he can keep this team playing hard after some tuff loses then I believe we've got our guy.

Reactions: 1 person
2nd in Scoring Offense.
3rd in Rushing Offense.
12th in Passing Offense.
12th in Total Offense.

1st in Scoring Defense.
5th in Rushing Defense.
9th in Passing Defense.
6th in Total Defense.

Smoke and mirrors, we haven't even played an SEC team yet.

So, if we extrapolate, Tennessee can run the ball score as well as stop the opponent's run game and scoring. I guess this comes from Tennessee having such commanding leads that have forced AP and WKU to abandon the run and throw it around with aplomb. I guess the scary stat is the 12th in total offense against two very sub-par opponents.

Extrapolation is a bad mathematician's friend.Just as the fact that so many plus field turnovers has held down much of Tennessee's total yardage stats

..a wash

Last week we were assured by folks whose posts are about as negative as yours that WKU was a quality opponent about to play UT close or even beat the Vols.

Now that UT smacked them around pretty good... suddenly they aren't a quality opponent.

Don't care which way you go... but a little consistency would be real nice.

Add him to your ignore list. I did a long time ago and it has been great.

Not saying UT is a top 25 team (need to see the next 2 weeks before I say that)

But we handled AP and WKU like we were a top 25 team. The problem is past years is we couldn't play on the same level against better competition. (By same level, I mean same level of consistency and execution)

I expect that execution to be there now that we have a real coach.

Cordoralle Patterson beat ncst and Tyler Bray throwing for 4 TDs, and running for a 5th, beat cincinatti at the beginning of the year. Lets see how this team plays against auburn and Missouri before we crown butch jones king of the world. If he can keep this team playing hard after some tuff loses then I believe we've got our guy.

FYP.

Dooley got lucky.

Exactly------with the top offensive team on deck.

VN Store

Back