Ashli Babbitt’s Killer is a blm Militant

Well, it's not a home so, that argument doesn't work.

But on the same token, if someone was trying to break into a federal courthouse and burn it down, would lethal force be justified?

Yes. If anyone is rioting and storming the property of a private citizen or the property of 'the people' in order to do damage, force to stop the threat is justified IMO.

It's a tragedy, but she effed around and found out.

Yes. If anyone is rioting and storming the property of a private citizen or the property of 'the people' in order to do damage, force to stop the threat is justified IMO.

It's a tragedy, but she effed around and found out.

Actually... no.

The use of deadly force has been worked over in the courts multiple times over the past couple of decades. And what happened to her was an extremely gross violation of basic use of force regulations all LEO abide by.

I don't think you want to invoke the FAFO rule in this one.

Actually... no.

The use of deadly force has been worked over in the courts multiple times over the past couple of decades. And what happened to her was an extremely gross violation of basic use of force regulations all LEO abide by.

I don't think you want to invoke the FAFO rule in this one.

Already been invoked, sorry. Can't un-ring that bell. She was actively taking part in a riot and was trying to break through barricaded door in a secure .gov building she knew or should have known would have ramifications for those types of shenanigans. You can pour sugar on the turd that she was some innocent bystander - but I'm still not taking a bite.

She found out, it's tragic and was unnecessary but maybe it will serve as a warning for others that would seek to riot in the gawd damn US Capitol.

Already been invoked, sorry. Can't un-ring that bell. She was actively taking part in a riot and was trying to break through barricaded door in a secure .gov building she knew or should have known would have ramifications for those types of shenanigans. You can pour sugar on the turd that she was some innocent bystander - but I'm still not taking a bite.

She found out, it's tragic and was unnecessary but maybe it will serve as a warning for others that would seek to riot in the gawd damn US Capitol.

You know me and know I tend to lean towards the blue if I think they're right.

This was not a case of being right regardless of the location. LEOs have to meet the reasonable objectiveness in the use of force. As well as intent, capability and opportunity of the perpetrator in question.

Neither one was met here.

You know me and know I tend to lean towards the blue if I think they're right.

This was not a case of being right regardless of the location. LEOs have to meet the reasonable objectiveness in the use of force. As well as intent, capability and opportunity of the perpetrator in question.

Neither one was met here.

Disagree, I think the circumstances and location are completely relevant. As tragic as her death is, she put herself into a situation where she knew violence was not only possible, but probable. She endeavored to smash through a clearly barricaded door where she could see and hear the officer holding a gun telling her to stop.

She chose poorly.

In the chaotic minutes before he shot and killed Ashli Babbitt during the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, Lt. Michael Byrd focused his attention on the glass doors leading into the lobby of the House of Representatives chamber.

About 60 to 80 House members and staffers were holed up inside, and it was Byrd’s job to protect them.

As rioters rampaged through the Capitol, Byrd and a few other officers of the U.S. Capitol Police set up a wall of furniture outside the doors.

“Once we barricaded the doors, we were essentially trapped where we were,” Byrd said in an exclusive interview with NBC News’ Lester Holt, speaking publicly for the first time since the riot. “There was no way to retreat. No other way to get out.

“If they get through that door, they’re into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress,” added Byrd, who gave NBC News permission to use his name after authorities had declined to release it.

Byrd’s connection to what was going on outside and inside the building was his police radio. For several minutes, it crackled with a cascade of alarming messages.

There were shouts of officers down. Screams from his colleagues under attack by rioters with chemical agents. A report that an officer’s fingertips were blown off.

“It was literally broadcast over the air,” Byrd said. “I said, ‘OK, this is getting serious.’”

Soon a horde of demonstrators arrived. Byrd, a 28-year veteran of the Capitol Police, took a defensive posture with his gun drawn as rioters smashed the glass doors.

He said he yelled repeatedly for them to get back. But the mob kept pressing forward, and then a lone rioter tried to climb through one of the doors.

What happened next was captured on video: Byrd fired one shot, striking Babbitt in the shoulder.

Byrd has been cleared of wrongdoing by the Justice Department and the Capitol Police. In announcing its decision not to charge him, the Justice Department said in April that investigators had examined video, physical evidence from the scene, autopsy results and statements from the officer involved, as well as other officers and witnesses.

“The investigation revealed no evidence to establish that, at the time the officer fired a single shot at Ms. Babbitt, the officer did not reasonably believe that it was necessary to do so in self-defense or in defense of the Members of Congress and others evacuating the House Chamber,” federal prosecutors said in a statement.

Disagree, I think the circumstances and location are completely relevant. As tragic as her death is, she put herself into a situation where she knew violence was not only possible, but probable. She endeavored to smash through a clearly barricaded door where she could see and hear the officer holding a gun telling her to stop.

She chose poorly.

In the chaotic minutes before he shot and killed Ashli Babbitt during the Capitol riot on Jan. 6, Lt. Michael Byrd focused his attention on the glass doors leading into the lobby of the House of Representatives chamber.

About 60 to 80 House members and staffers were holed up inside, and it was Byrd’s job to protect them.

As rioters rampaged through the Capitol, Byrd and a few other officers of the U.S. Capitol Police set up a wall of furniture outside the doors.

“Once we barricaded the doors, we were essentially trapped where we were,” Byrd said in an exclusive interview with NBC News’ Lester Holt, speaking publicly for the first time since the riot. “There was no way to retreat. No other way to get out.

“If they get through that door, they’re into the House chamber and upon the members of Congress,” added Byrd, who gave NBC News permission to use his name after authorities had declined to release it.

Byrd’s connection to what was going on outside and inside the building was his police radio. For several minutes, it crackled with a cascade of alarming messages.

There were shouts of officers down. Screams from his colleagues under attack by rioters with chemical agents. A report that an officer’s fingertips were blown off.

“It was literally broadcast over the air,” Byrd said. “I said, ‘OK, this is getting serious.’”

Soon a horde of demonstrators arrived. Byrd, a 28-year veteran of the Capitol Police, took a defensive posture with his gun drawn as rioters smashed the glass doors.

He said he yelled repeatedly for them to get back. But the mob kept pressing forward, and then a lone rioter tried to climb through one of the doors.

What happened next was captured on video: Byrd fired one shot, striking Babbitt in the shoulder.

Byrd has been cleared of wrongdoing by the Justice Department and the Capitol Police. In announcing its decision not to charge him, the Justice Department said in April that investigators had examined video, physical evidence from the scene, autopsy results and statements from the officer involved, as well as other officers and witnesses.

“The investigation revealed no evidence to establish that, at the time the officer fired a single shot at Ms. Babbitt, the officer did not reasonably believe that it was necessary to do so in self-defense or in defense of the Members of Congress and others evacuating the House Chamber,” federal prosecutors said in a statement.

I'd suggest looking up the Objective Reasonableness standard...

But I know you aren't going to.

I'd suggest looking up the Objective Reasonableness standard...

But I know you aren't going to.

Look, I can't stand cops but can't find fault in this one. Nor did the federal prosecutors or the Capitol police.

The “objectively reasonable” standard establishes the necessity for the use and level of force to be based on the individual officer's evaluation of the situation considering the totality of the circumstances

We can agree to disagree, but your back wasn't against the wall and you weren't charged with protecting legislators as some nut smashed through the door while you screamed at her to stop.

She chose poorly.

ANTIFA agrees with you.

You KNOW that you're a POS and what you are doing is SHAMEFUL when you must painstakingly CONCEAL your entire body to make sure nobody can IDENTIFY YOU.

This is basic common sense, and should immediately occur to anyone with eyeballs.

Why do these BLM/ANTIFA criminals hide everything but their eyes just like KKK members??? Because they are a HATE GROUP founded on RACISM AND IGNORANCE just like the KKK!!! The ONLY difference is that they wear black instead of white.

BOTH groups are domestic terrorists and should be caged or killed before they are allowed to burn, steal, beat, and kill innocent civilians. From what I have seen on TV broadcasts at least half of the rioters were white. There is absolutely zero racism involved in my personal hate for Antifa in particular.

She chose poorly.

A great deal of that is bullshat. Rioters with chemical agents? Good grief what a crock. Babbit should have thought better than to get caught up in that moment and trap, that was stupid of her, but the fact of the matter is that there were several armed agents right there on both sides of that barricade and only one of them panicked and saw fit to pull their weapon and put a round in her chest.

Reactions: Orangeburst
A great deal of that is bullshat. Rioters with chemical agents? Good grief what a crock. Babbit should have thought better than to get caught up in that moment and trap, that was stupid of her, but the fact of the matter is that there were several armed agents right there on both sides of that barricade and only one of them panicked and saw fit to pull their weapon and put a round in her chest.
They were reports, it's easy for you to monday morning quarterback it but in real time nothing was certain.

I don't feel sorry for her or any of the others that were rioting.

Seeing the video I found it interesting the police in Riot gear seemed to arrive right after the woman was shot. They basically charged at the door with weapons drawn, not really understanding who fired a gun at that point. It could have easily been one of the people in the crowd all around them.

They were reports, it's easy for you to monday morning quarterback it but in real time nothing was certain.

I don't feel sorry for her or any of the others that were rioting.

Whether you feel sorry for her or anybody else is completely irrelevant to how it was handled and the absurd amount of horseshat fabrications that continue to be exposed about it.

Whether you feel sorry for her or anybody else is completely irrelevant to how it was handled and the absurd amount of horseshat fabrications that continue to be exposed about it.

So your feels about the absurdity of it is more important than my feels, is that what I hear you saying?

OK. Whatever makes you feel better.

Look, I can't stand cops but can't find fault in this one. Nor did the federal prosecutors or the Capitol police.

The “objectively reasonable” standard establishes the necessity for the use and level of force to be based on the individual officer's evaluation of the situation considering the totality of the circumstances

We can agree to disagree, but your back wasn't against the wall and you weren't charged with protecting legislators as some nut smashed through the door while you screamed at her to stop.

And here's more to the totality of the situation...

There was an entire tactical team behind the door as well. That got startled when the shot rang out. You know what that can lead to?

Byrd fired a shot without even knowing what was being made behind that door. He panicked, fired his weapon without looking deep and knowing what was beyond his target and killed a woman.

She may have had intent, but damn sure didn't hasn't the capability present at the time of the shooting nor the opportunity.

He panicked, fired his weapon, killed a woman and walked away free.

And here's more to the totality of the situation...

There was an entire tactical team behind the door as well. That got startled when the shot rang out. You know what that can lead to?

Byrd fired a shot without even knowing what was being made behind that door. He panicked, fired his weapon without looking deep and knowing what was beyond his target and killed a woman.

She may have had intent, but damn sure didn't hasn't the capability present at the time of the shooting nor the opportunity.

He panicked, fired his weapon, killed a woman and walked away free.
There was a tactical team headed up the stairwell as well. Wrong place at the Wrong time. The Crowd or Mob whichever you wish to call it proved to be an group caught up in the moment based on the many words of those with bad intentions. They created the Powder Keg that Babbitt and others got caught up in the moment. Unfortunate for all.
Had this occurred in Europe many more would have been packed up in body bags when they crossed the line. No questions asked and no prosecutions.
So the lesson learned is simple you cross over the line there are high odds you may be shot. Protest and exercise your first Amendment Rights all you want but don't cross the line or face the music.

FBI Charged With Jan. 6 ‘cover-up’ in Ashli Babbitt Shooting Case​

A watchdog group is escalating its battle with the Justice Department over the FBI’s refusal to turn over files on Ashli Babbitt, the United States Air Force veteran shot and killed during the Jan. 6, 2021, Capitol riot over the certification of President Joe Biden’s victory over former President Donald Trump.

Judicial Watch, claiming a “cover-up,” on Friday filed a suit in federal court claiming that the FBI has twice refused to comply with Freedom of Information Act demands for any files it has on Babbitt and her husband Aaron.

The FOIA lawsuit was filed with the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.

Judicial Watch is working with Aaron Babbitt, who is the executor of his wife’s estate, to get all the information the government has on the duo and its reports of her shooting death by then-U.S. Capitol Police Lt. Michael Byrd as she attempted to enter the House Speaker’s Lobby unarmed.

They recently joined in filing a $30 million wrongful death suit against the government in the death of the 35-year-old, the only one associated with the riots who died on Jan. 6.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
You KNOW that you're a POS and what you are doing is SHAMEFUL when you must painstakingly CONCEAL your entire body to make sure nobody can IDENTIFY YOU.

This is basic common sense, and should immediately occur to anyone with eyeballs.

Why do these BLM/ANTIFA criminals hide everything but their eyes just like KKK members??? Because they are a HATE GROUP founded on RACISM AND IGNORANCE just like the KKK!!! The ONLY difference is that they wear black instead of white.

BOTH groups are domestic terrorists and should be caged or killed before they are allowed to burn, steal, beat, and kill innocent civilians. From what I have seen on TV broadcasts at least half of the rioters were white. There is absolutely zero racism involved in my personal hate for Antifa in particular.

Doesn't change the fact that Ashli played a stupid game and won a stupid prize.

Trump is responsible for her death--period. End of story. Without his lies, she'd still be alive.

Her family should file a wrongful death lawsuit against him.

Justice Department acting ‘as if’ Ashli Babbitt caused Jan. 6 deaths: court filing​

The legal watchdog group suing the federal government for the “wrongful” death of Jan. 6 protester Ashli Babbitt has charged that the Biden administration is acting “as if” she caused other deaths related to the election riots at the Capitol.

In a new court filing, Washington-based Judicial Watch said that the Justice Department has responded to its $30 million suit by attacking Babbitt, the 35-year-old Air Force veteran killed by a U.S. Capitol Police officer as she entered the House Speaker’s Lobby just feet from the House floor at the height of the riot Jan. 6, 2021.

Judicial Watch said that in trying to move the case from Babbitt’s home in San Diego, California, to Washington, D.C., Justice is trying to find a friendlier court and jury and tie her to the government’s claim that 140 police were injured in the brawls and three later died from their involvement.

In a 20-page filing, Judicial Watch said:

Justice Department acting ‘as if’ Ashli Babbitt caused Jan. 6 deaths: court filing​

The legal watchdog group suing the federal government for the “wrongful” death of Jan. 6 protester Ashli Babbitt has charged that the Biden administration is acting “as if” she caused other deaths related to the election riots at the Capitol.

In a new court filing, Washington-based Judicial Watch said that the Justice Department has responded to its $30 million suit by attacking Babbitt, the 35-year-old Air Force veteran killed by a U.S. Capitol Police officer as she entered the House Speaker’s Lobby just feet from the House floor at the height of the riot Jan. 6, 2021.

Judicial Watch said that in trying to move the case from Babbitt’s home in San Diego, California, to Washington, D.C., Justice is trying to find a friendlier court and jury and tie her to the government’s claim that 140 police were injured in the brawls and three later died from their involvement.

In a 20-page filing, Judicial Watch said:

She shares responsibility for one death. Her own.

VN Store

Back