At Oregon

ManningBerry#1

I was looking at Oregon's capacity and saw where they only seat 52,000 people. I think this might be an advantage as we hold almost twice as much as them. However, their crowd noise is very, very loud.

It's kinda surprising that the co-founders of Nike both graduated from there and how their stadium is relatively small compared to others. I did not know that they have two very, very rich donors and yet their stadium is pretty small.

Just wanted to see what everyone else thought on their crowd noise being a factor during the game. I'll hang up and listen...

We have zero advantage in that stadium. UT fans will be outnumbered and the acoustics of the stadium make it sound like the capacity is 132,000.

Reactions: 2 people
We have zero advantage in that stadium. UT fans will be outnumbered and the acoustics of the stadium make it sound like the capacity is 132,000.

Yeah, that's what I've heard. I wonder if all of the sound distraction techniques will help our guys focus.

I'm surprised with all of their recent success and, as you mentioned, their rich alumni that Oregon hasn't expanded the stadium to make it even louder. If its set up in such a way to make a 52,000 seat stadium sound louder than Michigan's, imagine if they added 25-35k seats or more.

Reactions: 1 person
We should be more concerned with the players on the field we're facing than the crowd noise.:)
GO VOLS!

Autzen is a hostile environment....does it rival capacity crowds at a lot of SEC stadiums? No, but hopefully CBJ's preparation of the players is good. I'd say having them practice in a chaotic environment (playing loud sounds like the baby crying, etc) on the practice field is a good initial starting place.

I'm surprised with all of their recent success and, as you mentioned, their rich alumni that Oregon hasn't expanded the stadium to make it even louder. If its set up in such a way to make a 52,000 seat stadium sound louder than Michigan's, imagine if they added 25-35k seats or more.

That might throw off what it is about how they built that stadium that makes it sound so loud overall

There's crowd noise at every venue......although at Vandy and Kentucky its more groans from the 1,500 in attendance than cheers.

That might throw off what it is about how they built that stadium that makes it sound so loud overall

Yep.

I'd imagine blowing it upwards would just give the sound more room to diffuse. The whole reason it's loud now is because the stadium's crammed together with an overhang over the sides.

Autzen is a hostile environment....does it rival capacity crowds at a lot of SEC stadiums? No, but hopefully CBJ's preparation of the players is good. I'd say having them practice in a chaotic environment (playing loud sounds like the baby crying, etc) on the practice field is a good initial starting place.

I hope the baby crying is what we hear after we win!

Very true...Autzen makes the swamp sound like a whisper...Extremely loud there.

The reason why I asked is because I watched our training facilities video and proceeded to watch what other teams have got - I was impressed with ours the most.

I saw the Oregon one and they don't have anything that compares with ours and Georgia's was more technological than physically functional like ours.

However, at Oregon,they showed the Nike co-founders box and it was pimp as it should be.

I was in Eugene a year ago, and I can tell you that they are as passionate about their ducks as any SEC school is about their team. It will be very loud for sure.

We should get an infiltrator to spike the drinks with benadril and valium...or nyquil! lol

I live in Seattle and Husky fans say it is very Loud! I have my tickets and will see you vol fans there. Go Vols!

Gave you a like on your very fist post. Enjoy the game, wish I could be there with you.

Maybe with all of the talk lately about falling attendance their stadium size is adequate. I would say it is a balance of leaving money on the table (more seats) compared to having empty seats. NFL stadiums are not 100K +. (that I am aware of...)

Plus a full stadium sends a good message to everyone.

VN Store

Back