At Oregon

To those pointing out the canopies on the side: thanks for bringing that to my attention. I forgot about that. Those things trap in noise like crazy. I went to a Michigan game back in 2008 before they added more boxes at the top of the stadium, and the noise flew right on out of there. However, in 2010, it was much louder when I went because they had some structures trapping in noise by that point. Granted, Michigan fans are still pretty timid (I attended both games against Michigan State, so I expected a lot more). Great student section, but thanks to dispassionate old people and t-shirt fans, it gets about as loud as we do for a game against Vanderbilt.

Anyway, speaking of the canopies, Kyle Field will be nasty come 2015 when they renovate and add those in. That'll be a hellhole for visiting teams.

I saw where Ohio State is adding 4,000 seats to expand their seating that will place them above us on seating capacity.

Oregon added 12000 capacity a few years back. Yea it originally held around 44000. Now at 56000. We keep hearing rumors they are going to add another 12000 in the near future. That would bring it to 68000.

Right now they are finishing an up grade on the North side of the stadium for access. This might be the beginning of the move to add another 12000. Plus they've got a $68 million football operations building next to the stadium under construction right now.

One place Oregon is different than say an SEC school is that we really didn't have much 20 years ago. Weight rooms were horrible, locker rooms were horrible, athletic offices were basically on another planet, etc. BUT we are building it......... And as they say "If you build it they will come"

How are oregon fans seeing tennessee competition wise this year?

VN Store

Back