At Oregon

No way dude UCLA.

But Oregon can be second despite their awful unis and basketball floor.

Recruits love the uniforms. As for the basketball floor, it's a tribute to the Oregon "Tall Firs" winning the first NCAA basketball championship in 1939.

Bong water bubbles and hard joint tokes by hairy hippie girls is hardly intimidating. Most of Autzen is mob reaction without a clue about football or what is going on on the field...Party on.

I was looking at Oregon's capacity and saw where they only seat 52,000 people. I think this might be an advantage as we hold almost twice as much as them. However, their crowd noise is very, very loud.

It's kinda surprising that the co-founders of Nike both graduated from there and how their stadium is relatively small compared to others. I did not know that they have two very, very rich donors and yet their stadium is pretty small.

Just wanted to see what everyone else thought on their crowd noise being a factor during the game. I'll hang up and listen...

unfortunately for us, size isnt everything. fans and networks probably overestimate the impact that they actually make in a game, or at least the difference between 50,000-100,000. i imagine if you get used to playing in a loud environment, it really ends up not mattering if you cant hear anything because 50 thousand or 100 thousand fans are yelling

How do big road games work fan and ticket wise? Is there a set amount given to road fans or is it just a free for all trying to get tickets if you support the road team? Also, how many UT fans do you think will go to Oregon?

How do big road games work fan and ticket wise? Is there a set amount given to road fans or is it just a free for all trying to get tickets if you support the road team? Also, how many UT fans do you think will go to Oregon?

the contracts between the schools dictate the number of tickets. Typically, for the big SEC rivals, the exchange is about 8-10K. Like we would get 8K for Bama and they get 8K when they come here. Now many more fans than that can get in by buying tickets other ways. For Oregon, the exchange was 5K. They took 5K when they came here in 2010 and we get 5K for this trip. I'm sure at contract time, that was negotiated.

Distribution for Tennessee is about like this..

1. 1000 - 1500 tickets are allocated to Tennessee admin (includes school officails, athletic board needs, band, coaches families, player families and student block of tickets).

2. Donors / season ticket holders get first shot at road game tickets (for Oregon, donors only have bought them up).

3. any left over go on sale to general public sometime in July. This year, I expect they will have some to sell for Bama, Florida, Kentucky and Missouri come July. If not sold close to end of August, UT would likely return them to the school for them to sell.

I think there could be close to 10K UT fans at Oregon if they can come up with the tickets. For these OOC games, UT fans love to go to these venues. Due to small stadium at Oregon, could be closer to 5K if tickets just not available. I've already started seeing some fans release hotel rooms they had reserved. Assume they decided not to go or couldn't get tickets

I'm surprised with all of their recent success and, as you mentioned, their rich alumni that Oregon hasn't expanded the stadium to make it even louder. If its set up in such a way to make a 52,000 seat stadium sound louder than Michigan's, imagine if they added 25-35k seats or more.

Why buck tradition? Why buck history? They are distinct in how their stadium is built and it's reputation. Asking them to change it would be like asking that the checkerboards be expanded to cover the entire field. though personally, I like the idea, you can bet traditionalists will raise unholy hell if that was done. Same with Oregon.

Still not sure how a dinky stadium can be so loud!

Same principle as as a theater or opera house. They're built to maximize acoustics. I wouldn't call Oregon's stadium dinky, visit it sometime without the orange tinted glasses. Bigger isn't necessarily better, there's something known as quality that's a telling factor as well.

the contracts between the schools dictate the number of tickets. Typically, for the big SEC rivals, the exchange is about 8-10K. Like we would get 8K for Bama and they get 8K when they come here. Now many more fans than that can get in by buying tickets other ways. For Oregon, the exchange was 5K. They took 5K when they came here in 2010 and we get 5K for this trip. I'm sure at contract time, that was negotiated.

Distribution for Tennessee is about like this..

1. 1000 - 1500 tickets are allocated to Tennessee admin (includes school officails, athletic board needs, band, coaches families, player families and student block of tickets).

2. Donors / season ticket holders get first shot at road game tickets (for Oregon, donors only have bought them up).

3. any left over go on sale to general public sometime in July. This year, I expect they will have some to sell for Bama, Florida, Kentucky and Missouri come July. If not sold close to end of August, UT would likely return them to the school for them to sell.

I think there could be close to 10K UT fans at Oregon if they can come up with the tickets. For these OOC games, UT fans love to go to these venues. Due to small stadium at Oregon, could be closer to 5K if tickets just not available. I've already started seeing some fans release hotel rooms they had reserved. Assume they decided not to go or couldn't get tickets

Autzen will be over sold as usual for this game. Typically they run around 106% of capacity. I highly doubt that Tenn fans can come up with a 1000 more than the contract amount. I'd expect Oregon fans to be looking to buy some of that contracted 5000 that Tenn got. It will be a sellers market.

Last edited:
I'm surprised with all of their recent success and, as you mentioned, their rich alumni that Oregon hasn't expanded the stadium to make it even louder. If its set up in such a way to make a 52,000 seat stadium sound louder than Michigan's, imagine if they added 25-35k seats or more.

Oregon added 12000 capacity a few years back. Yea it originally held around 44000. Now at 56000. We keep hearing rumors they are going to add another 12000 in the near future. That would bring it to 68000.

Right now they are finishing an up grade on the North side of the stadium for access. This might be the beginning of the move to add another 12000. Plus they've got a $68 million football operations building next to the stadium under construction right now.

One place Oregon is different than say an SEC school is that we really didn't have much 20 years ago. Weight rooms were horrible, locker rooms were horrible, athletic offices were basically on another planet, etc. BUT we are building it......... And as they say "If you build it they will come"

Reactions: 2 people
Autzen will be over sold as usual for this game. Typically they run around 106% of capacity. I highly doubt that Tenn fans can come up with a 1000 more than the contract amount. I'd expect Oregon fans to be looking to buy some of that contracted 5000 that Tenn got. It will be a sellers market.

I doubt many of the 5000 sent to UT will be resold. the donor base has already taken all they could get from UT and many out of that group will come up empty on tickets via the 5000

I doubt many of the 5000 sent to UT will be resold. the donor base has already taken all they could get from UT and many out of that group will come up empty on tickets via the 5000

I think you are probably right.

Oregon added 12000 capacity a few years back. Yea it originally held around 44000. Now at 56000. We keep hearing rumors they are going to add another 12000 in the near future. That would bring it to 68000.

Right now they are finishing an up grade on the North side of the stadium for access. This might be the beginning of the move to add another 12000. Plus they've got a $68 million football operations building next to the stadium under construction right now.

One place Oregon is different than say an SEC school is that we really didn't have much 20 years ago. Weight rooms were horrible, locker rooms were horrible, athletic offices were basically on another planet, etc. BUT we are building it......... And as they say "If you build it they will come"

Bit that have Amanda Pfudage

Face value is 99...go to Stubhub..same basic tickets start at 115 there..

Getting the most out of those deep pocket Nike allumni, no doubt!

Getting the most out of those deep pocket Nike allumni, no doubt!

Can't disagree with that statement. One aspect of the high profile athletic teams at Oregon that I really like is that 50% of the revenues from the sale of "Oregon Gear" goes to academics. More athletic success means more support for academics. Win Win in my book.

VN Store

Back