At what point do you expect the $8,000,000 man play up to his compensation level?

"Hes a kid."
"Hes a Redshirt Freshman."
"He's only played 7 games."

All of that is fine and good.however, the money drastically changes expectations. This is now a professional sport.
I wondered when someone was going to spew this nonsense. No, it's not remotely the same as professional sports in regards to expected performance. Sorry, you're wrong about it

"Hes a kid."

All of that is fine and good.however, the money drastically changes expectations. This is now a professional sport.
Well it may be pro sports, but reality is that they are still not at a pro level. Hell most college qbs are not at a pro level after 4 years in College but now you expect them to look like a pro because they are getting compensated ? Correct me if I am wrong but 4th year QB's entering the NFL usually don't tear the club up. Sure you may see the talent they have and what they could be. It takes maturing and adjusting to the game in most cases. Some never catch on. But now we expect Nico to be experience and a pro cause he has NIL 18 months out of high school. They still need to develope and this line of thinking is crazy.

He is not performing as a high level athlete in his given sport. He was the 3rd best QB on the field against Florida.
Says you, which given what you posted, doesn't garner much credibility. Nico wasn't taken No.1 in the NFL draft. He signed a NIL contract for big money because he was a great HS QB. He's struggling with SEC speed much like rookie QBs do when they start playing in the NFL. He'll adjust, improve and get better. It's nowhere near the same as being a professional athlete, where the entire day is spent working on a craft.

"Hes a kid."

If it’s a professional sport compare it to Manning’s rookie season with the Colts and no offensive line. He was less than impressive. Did they waste those millions on him? Nico may never pan out but your expectations aren’t the benchmark he’s being judged by this year

Reactions: OrangeShades
If it’s a professional sport compare it to Manning’s rookie season with the Colts and no offensive line. He was less than impressive. Did they waste those millions on him? Nico may never pan out but your expectations aren’t the benchmark he’s being judged by this year
Manning didn't struggle his rookie year because of his OL. He's often talked about the speed difference and the hard work needed to adjust to it. He threw 20+ INTS his rookie season. That dropped exponentially in his 2nd year

Manning didn't struggle his rookie year because of his OL. He's often talked about the speed difference and the hard work needed to adjust to it. He threw 20+ INTS his rookie season. That dropped exponentially in his 2nd year
His jersey was so green at the end of every game you’d of thought he played for the eagles.

"Hes a kid."

I know most will gauge based on that but experience still matters. All that money doesn't expedite the experience. Not Nicos fault crazy people willing to give him money before experience is achieved.

I anticipate dramatic improvement next season but that might not be enough for most people. Players around him still matter. If supporting cast not good, he could be bad.

BTW, I don't factor the money at all. I only pay attention to the experience and past performances to set expectations. Right now, I anticipate the experience he gains this season will show up with better performance in 2025. Perhaps by end of this season we see improvements but no shocker if not quite there either.

I know most will gauge based on that but experience still matters. All that money doesn't expedite the experience. Not Nicos fault crazy people willing to give him money before experience is achieved.

I anticipate dramatic improvement next season but that might not be enough for most people. Players around him still matter. If supporting cast not good, he could be bad.
Supporting cast is fine. Everyone has to improve.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back