Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any postmortem on what the hell happened to Tyler Bray? I'm not surprised he dropped, but I'm stunned he wasn't drafted at all.

Found himself in a good situation though. But I haven't seen anything besides random folks saying "probably bombed interviews" and "his coaches probably trashed him."

Has there been any postmortem on what the hell happened to Tyler Bray? I'm not surprised he dropped, but I'm stunned he wasn't drafted at all.

I think, from a chance to play perspective, he is in a pretty good situation. Alex Smith isn't great and he's somewhat injury prone. Im sure hes not getting the coin he thought he was gonna get, but thats pretty much his fault

For those who haven't seen this awesomeness from Dbake

BI-fBifCEAAXSuq.png:large

Last edited:
I get that Bray and Rogers are both character-risk guys, but holy damn it is hard to believe that neither of them got drafted at all. Nothing that's been reported in public comes close to warranting that kind of a drop.

I get that Bray and Rogers are both character-risk guys, but holy damn it is hard to believe that neither of them got drafted at all. Nothing that's been reported in public comes close to warranting that kind of a drop.

My thoughts, as well. Those interviews must have been horrific.

That scouting report website still has Bray as the 5th ranked QB coming out. Glennon 11th. Stuff in the scouting write up is true, though. He has a lot of work to do but found a fine spot to give it a go.

That scouting report website still has Bray as the 5th ranked QB coming out. Glennon 11th. Stuff in the scouting write up is true, though. He has a lot of work to do but found a fine spot to give it a go.

I'm not a big fan of Andy Reid, but he works magic with quarterbacks. He's in the perfect situation. His skillset work great with Andy Reid.

I think the him working magic with QB things is a bit overrated. I think people just like Andy Reid. But it's one of the best possible places he could land and maybe Reid can wake him up a little bit. Smith too.

No links - I was on mobile all weekend and am posting from memory. I read somewhere that the word "sociopath" was used to describe Bray. A GM for one team also called Bray's interviews one of the very worst ever, and that there was no chance his team would draft him.

3-8 past 11 games. Pretty sad

Not too surprising considering how many guys are hurt/struggling. Barring additional injuries, once everybody is back and hopefully out of funks (Bossman Junior, Say Hey, I'm looking at you), this stretch might be looked back on as the worst of the season.

Mostly solid, potentially explosive lineup with one of the better overall pitching staffs in the game - when it's all said and done, I think the Braves win the division after putting up 101 Ws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back