Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also from Grantland, albeit from about a week and a half ago so could have already been referenced/discussed around here.

On Tobias:

Harris has been a revelation: 6-foot-8, plays inside and outside, shoots 3s, rebounds … I mean, how in the ****ing **** of ****s did Milwaukee not know what it had here? He didn't show ANY flashes in practice? I'm profoundly confused by that trade. He's been a 20-10 guy for the past month and he's only 20 years old. Are you kidding me?????

I kind of like "how in the ****ing **** of ****s", may steal that one.

I think his suckitude when he left was just him being worse. But they did kill it together for a while without great skill players on the outside.

Go oooooonnnn....

Ever since I was eight, I've hated McNabb for no real reason. I always thought he was fake. I also thought he was selfish and egotistical, and was just to blame for the TO fiasco in Philly, only he was smarter than TO and played it perfectly. I hated that he was out partying all week during Super Bowl week, that anytime he got hurt it seemed that Philly was just as good (Remember Jeff Garcia?) and I always thought he had an overall smugness to him I couldn't stand. Plus, he's completely overrated and was never a great QB despite the media groveling at his feet because he was such a "great guy" and was wonderful with the media.

Again, none of this can be proven and all irrational.

I honestly believe McNabb would not have been much if not for Reid. However, I have an irrational hate for McNabb that cannot be properly explained.

McNabb was pretty spectacular at Syracuse. They were an iffy pass interference call away from beating our 98 national championship game in the first game of the season, and I remember his play during that game being occasionally jaw-dropping. You're crazy if you think Reid built McNabb out of nothing.

McNabb was pretty spectacular at Syracuse. They were an iffy pass interference call away from beating our 98 national championship game in the first game of the season, and I remember his play during that game being occasionally jaw-dropping. You're crazy if you think Reid built McNabb out of nothing.

My dad talks about this play more than the Arkansas play.

I keep telling you, my hate is irrational.

My dad talks about this play more than the Arkansas play.

Calling that pass interference call "iffy" is being generous. No way it should have been called, especially 15 years ago. It was definitely one of those wins where you're happy but a little embarrassed afterwards. It was the first game of the post-Peyton era and it sure didn't feel like it went that well.

I am too young to really remember the awesomeness that was that season, but literally anytime McNabb or Syracuse is brought up he mentions it.

I am too young to really remember the awesomeness that was that season, but literally anytime McNabb or Syracuse is brought up he mentions it.

That and Tee's 55 yard run.

Tee sucked passing in that game. But I've watched that game multiple times and the thing that sticks out is how ahead of their time players McNabb and Martin were in college. Tee in today's game would be unstoppable. Same with McNabb.

Tee sucked passing in that game. But I've watched that game multiple times and the thing that sticks out is how ahead of their time players McNabb and Martin were in college. Tee in today's game would be unstoppable. Same with McNabb.

I want to see Vick in a spread option offense. And so many others.

McNabb was a much better passer than Tee. McNabb was basically John the Baptist to the upcoming Michael Vick -- not as good a runner, but a far better passer. I obviously like Tee Martin a lot but he was nowhere near the same caliber.

He isn't much worse, is he?

Eli has raaaanggs. Plural. And absolute ice water in his veins. I watched him in person throw for over 500 yards last season in The New Meadowlands. The greatest thing I've ever seen. 2x NFL Super Bowl MVP. Dude is the real. McNabb, meh he is alright. Eli is that dude tho.

Is it weird that i went on a lunch date with my friend's aunt?

the-graduate-movie-poster.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back