Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
the person describing him here clearly wants a QB to take him to the hyperbole

I just remember getting in late Saturday night and checking the draft results and being absolutely shocked that Bray/Da'Rick had not been selected. I took a quick look at my Twitter feed and saw both of those statements in separate tweets or links in tweets explaining the lack of a team taking a chance.

Barring any legitimate, serious mental issues, I think this humiliating experience (remember seeing a Deadspin headline about him declaring and not getting drafted) was probably the best thing in the world for Bray.

Outside of Peyton or Brady, Alex Smith might be the best QB for Bray to sit behind and learn from (and I wouldn't be surprised if EB offers some mentoring). Alex Smith seems to have very little arm strength and has lost a bit of the mobility he had a few years ago. He is getting by on his decision-making ability and the short, precise throws that Bray has yet to master. I think it will be a good fit.

I just remember getting in late Saturday night and checking the draft results and being absolutely shocked that Bray/Da'Rick had not been selected. I took a quick look at my Twitter feed and saw both of those statements in separate tweets or links in tweets explaining the lack of a team taking a chance.

Barring any legitimate, serious mental issues, I think this humiliating experience (remember seeing a Deadspin headline about him declaring and not getting drafted) was probably the best thing in the world for Bray.

Outside of Peyton or Brady, Alex Smith might be the best QB for Bray to sit behind and learn from (and I wouldn't be surprised if EB offers some mentoring). Alex Smith seems to have very little arm strength and has lost a bit of the mobility he had a few years ago. He is getting by on his decision-making ability and the short, precise throws that Bray has yet to master. I think it will be a good fit.

Tyler Bray needs how to learn to be a pro from a guy that actually knows how to be a pro. Alex Smith is still learning to be a pro himself.

Tyler Bray needs how to learn to be a pro from a guy that actually knows how to be a pro. Alex Smith is still learning to be a pro himself.

Based on his handling of the injury/benching last season, I think he has learned how to be a pro. The guy showed nothing but grace and class throughout the entire situation.

Proven veteran and experienced pro are different things to me. There aren't a LOT of better situations for Bray to land in.

8 years of experience does not automatically mean you're capable of mentoring a young and immature QB such as Tyler.

Just my opinion.

I don't neccessarily disagree with that as I'm not sure that he could. Of course, a lot of that is based on the fact that I'm not sure anybody could mentor him. In order for anyone to mentor him, Bray himself is going to have to be willing to be mentored and atp I'm not 100% sure that he will be.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I don't neccessarily disagree with that as I'm not sure that he could. Of course, a lot of that is based on the fact that I'm not sure anybody could mentor him. In order for anyone to mentor him, Bray himself is going to have to be willing to be mentored and atp I'm not 100% sure that he will be.

1,000% agree with this post.

Bray write up in here: Wrapping Up the NFL Draft Weekend - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

doesn't really say a whole lot. but yeah.

Just saw that as well.

Bray probably needed better advice. Where does that advice come from? One obvious source is the NFL draft Advisory Board, a six-person committee consisting of personnel men from NFL teams and the directors of the two NFL scouting organizations, BLESTO and The National (not the band or the newspaper). Underclassmen apply in December to have their professional futures read by the committee, who return a verdict in mid-January. The committee obviously can't be perfect, but with nearly 200 players inquiring most years and the vast majority of underclassmen going drafted, they seem to be giving reasonably sound advice.

Here's where the process breaks down. Bray's father said in January that his son had applied for a review from the advisory board. Before Bray heard back from the committee, though, the quarterback and his family conducted interviews with five agents and eventually decided on Don Yee, a move that doesn't make much sense. Why not wait for the response from the committee to decide whether it makes sense to hire an agent? Agents can provide insight into a player's likelihood of being drafted in an ideal spot (on or off the record), and Yee's pedigree is as the agent for Tom Brady, but agents can also tell you whatever you want to hear, and it's clear that Bray got some bad advice from somebody to leave school.

Probably not the best way to go about things.

I'd be interested in knowing for sure if Bray would've been eligible next year. I know he was one of the ones that it had been rumored would not have been able to play in a bowl game a couple of years ago had we beaten Kentucky

@DSimpson88: Alex Wood was named the Pitcher of the Week in the Southern League. In 5 starts this year, Wood sports a 0.67 ERA and a 31/5 BB/K in 27 IP.

I'd be interested in knowing for sure if Bray would've been eligible next year. I know he was one of the ones that it had been rumored would not have been able to play in a bowl game a couple of years ago had we beaten Kentucky

This is an interesting point.

I think the him working magic with QB things is a bit overrated. I think people just like Andy Reid. But it's one of the best possible places he could land and maybe Reid can wake him up a little bit. Smith too.

He made Donovan McNabb a near Hall of Famer. And McNabb was awful when he left Philly.

He made Kevin Kolb a rich man.

He turned Mike Vick into an above average passer.

His track record speaks for itself

Do we think Donovan McNabb was gonna be bad?

Kevin Kolb is kinda bad.

The Mike Vick year was fun.

Do we think Donovan McNabb was gonna be bad?

Kevin Kolb is kinda bad.

The Mike Vick year was fun.

I honestly believe McNabb would not have been much if not for Reid. However, I have an irrational hate for McNabb that cannot be properly explained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back