Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You only got a minute and a half of OT, right? Wait till you have one that goes halfway through the second OT.

I know right? I was already getting nervous.

I don't know if you watch the game, but I don't know much about hockey so I'll ask. Did Detroit play really conservative in the 3rd period? They were so aggressive to start and then the Ducks just started using their speed and flying and Detroit never looked to counter.

Partial SPOILER Alert!!

How so? I knew it would wind up with the murder of his family, I just wasn't sure which kid would do it.

It just went from genuinely creepy and making me feel uneasy with the masked dude to pretty "ordinary" and predictable. A cliffhanger of some sort with it may have been better.

I know right? I was already getting nervous.

I don't know if you watch the game, but I don't know much about hockey so I'll ask. Did Detroit play really conservative in the 3rd period? They were so aggressive to start and then the Ducks just started using their speed and flying and Detroit never looked to counter.

I didn't see all of it, but what I saw did look like Detroit were sitting on the lead too much. It's a really fine line. The best way to play defense with a lead in the third is to dump the puck in and cycle your lines as much as possible to keep fresh legs on the ice, but the danger is that you end up playing in your end the whole time. Howard let in a couple of softies, which didn't help.

Home ice is much less of an advantage in the hockey playoffs than it is in other sports, by the way. So get ready for some drama.

I didn't see all of it, but what I saw did look like Detroit were sitting on the lead too much. It's a really fine line. The best way to play defense with a lead in the third is to dump the puck in and cycle your lines as much as possible to keep fresh legs on the ice, but the danger is that you end up playing in your end the whole time. Howard let in a couple of softies, which didn't help.

Home ice is much less of an advantage in the hockey playoffs than it is in other sports, by the way. So get ready for some drama.

So what your saying is I shouldn't get too excited yet.

Hai guis, just found out JHunter and some other local guys are having a draft celebration party near me tonight. 32 year old white guys who work in finance will be the target audience, right?

Hai guis, just found out JHunter and some other local guys are having a draft celebration party near me tonight. 32 year old white guys who work in finance will be the target audience, right?

Im sure there'll be some lovely ladies in attendance too

Absolutely. Go. Don't eat the purple pill unless you want to get weird tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back