Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ill be that guy, why in the world would you put Shaffer at lead who is 1-13 when you have Simmons who is only 3-4 with a solo shot to left? Damn Freddie, am I wrong to think he will be a problem for this team in the long run?

Same reason you would bench Jason Heyward for Jose Constanza a couple years ago. Fredi likes guys who are fast.

Who goes when Heyward gets back? It's between Schafer and Francisco, IMO. Neither has options remaining so the Braves stand to lose whichever one they cut.

If it's one of them, id keep Francisco, JMO

That's probably what will happen, and that's how I'd lean too, but I don't think it's as easy of a decision now as it would have been a month ago. Francisco is rarely starting now and hasn't been a successful PH over his career. He doesn't play any other positions either.

That's probably what will happen, and that's how I'd lean too, but I don't think it's as easy of a decision now as it would have been a month ago. Francisco is rarely starting now and hasn't been a successful PH over his career. He doesn't play any other positions either.

What if something happens to C Johnson, then who will play 3rd? In the OF, at least theres R Johnson and we could use Constanza if needed, for emergencies only.

What if something happens to C Johnson, then who will play 3rd? In the OF, at least theres R Johnson and we could use Constanza if needed, for emergencies only.

Pena could spell 3b. I'd rather have Schafer personally. He can pinch run late, play all 3 OF, and plays good defense with a strong arm.

Problem being, we don't really need Reed Johnson and Jblaze, like you said.

An even bigger problem looming with Mac's return

Pena could spell 3b. I'd rather have Schafer personally. He can pinch run late, play all 3 OF, and plays good defense with a strong arm.

Problem being, we don't really need Reed Johnson and Jblaze, like you said.

An even bigger problem looming with Mac's return

Send BJ down :)

Ill be that guy, why in the world would you put Shaffer at lead who is 1-13 when you have Simmons who is only 3-4 with a solo shot to left? Damn Freddie, am I wrong to think he will be a problem for this team in the long run?

Have to agree with this though I'm not a fan of decision making based on a 15AB sample size. My problem with it lies more in the fact that Simmons has only had 2 years since his career started in 2005 with an OBP above .330. Simmons on the other hand had his worst OBP in his first year in the majors last year at .335 other than that he has pretty much been .350+.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yes sir. I love the playoffs. I hate the playoffs.

Got a little interesting with that review they had but overall it was a pretty easy win for you guys, I like those in the playoffs. Bruins coasted last night and that was a nice intro back into playoff hockey. I didn't want to see a close game in the 3rd or an OT game right out of the chute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back