Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I could have went with "Kobe...how my a$$ taste."

images

would've worked well

Why is he playing everyday right now? Jordan is playing better. I guess you can't sit your big contract.

This team is better (at the moment) with J blaze or even Reed Johnson for that matter. And if he must play him, bury him 8th. He has the worst numbers (and it isn't even close) of anyone in the majors. AND HE IS BATTING IN THE 2 HOLE!!!

This team is better (at the moment) with J blaze or even Reed Johnson for that matter. And if he must play him, bury him 8th. He has the worst numbers (and it isn't even close) of anyone in the majors. AND HE IS BATTING IN THE 2 HOLE!!!

we might as well trade him to the Mets for Bonilla's contract

The rumors that seem legit from Rob Lewis and Rucker is that this is a university decision and not a Cuonzo decision, and that academic cheating is being thrown around.

So would anyone be shocked at this point if Trey were point shaving too? Some games he played were just inexplicable.

No evidence or sources, I just wouldn't be surprised.

If there's academic fraud involved, then Martin shouldn't need Cheek to go over his head on this. Zero tolerance.

Agree. I'm not trying to insinuate that Martin wanted to keep Golden. I don't know. Just saying what Rucker said.

Barves. Fredi specifically.

Meh. I'm apathetic to the VOLS these days. I expected something bad to happen soon. I am immune, if you will. Also I don't have the energy to burn a mattress tonight.

B.J. should be batting 8th, yes, but it's May 7th. B.J. has been flat out bad and I doubt he's going to all of a sudden start to hit .300, but I can see what Fredi is doing and while not completely okay with it, I at least get the logic.

Also, we are still in 1st place. :)

And you described me and UT perfectly at the moment.

Why is he playing everyday right now? Jordan is playing better. I guess you can't sit your big contract.

He's five weeks into a five year contract. He had an OBP over .330 over eight years in the tougher American League. He's only 28. Unless there's an injury we don't know about, he'll eventually be fine. Give him a day or two off here and there, but the Braves have to give him a chance to play his way out of it. '

(Dumb to hit him second though.)

B.J. should be batting 8th, yes, but it's May 7th. B.J. has been flat out bad and I doubt he's going to all of a sudden start to hit .300, but I can see what Fredi is doing and while not completely okay with it, I at least get the logic.

Also, we are still in 1st place. :)

And you described me and UT perfectly at the moment.

The thing about BJ is he isn't even close right now. I've honestly seen better plate mechanics in little league than what he is showing right now. He is lost. Greg Walker needs to earn his cash on BJ, or can him and find someone that will. Someone like Chipper.

He's five weeks into a five year contract. He had an OBP over .330 over eight years in the tougher American League. He's only 28. Unless there's an injury we don't know about, he'll eventually be fine. Give him a day or two off here and there, but the Braves have to give him a chance to play his way out of it. '

And I am not saying sit him.. I understand he has to ride it out. My beef is batting him anywhere near our run producers. That's completely asinine.

The thing about BJ is he isn't even close right now. I've honestly seen better plate mechanics in little league than what he is showing right now. He is lost. Greg Walker needs to earn his cash on BJ, or can him and find someone that will. Someone like Chipper.

Too busy helping LaRoche.

The American League may have better lineups but they definitely do not have better pitching.

Also he's had exactly 1 season with an OBP of .330 or better since 2009.

How do you guys feel in retrospect to the Bourn deal of 4yrs/48mil and the Upton deal of 5yrs/75mil?

Just curious.

The thing that bothered me about Bourn was that you could see his bat slowing down and it's inevitable that he'll stop stealing so many bags. I feel better about the back end of BJs contract than I do Bourn's.

How do you guys feel in retrospect to the Bourn deal of 4yrs/48mil and the Upton deal of 5yrs/75mil?

Just curious.

If I knew Bourn would have gotten 4/48 (I thought he'd get $60M with 5 years), then I'd seriously consider Bourn.

Upton also hasn't hit over .246 since 2008 and .246 was what he hit last year while at the same time posting a career low OBP of .298.

No B.J. leaves us with the possibility of no Justin. Gotta take the good with the bad and hope that B.J. can get it turned around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back