Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because people try to act like the spurs, and namely Tim Duncan, weren't systematically dismantled in 2011. It wasn't a fluke or some coin flip games. It was a blood bath.

Hence, why I said I fully expect a replay of that same series. Nobody, at least not me, are saying ZBo won't destroy Duncan again now that he's even older than he was two years ago. None of that changes the fact that Timmy is the best 4 of all time.

Feels like Andy Van Slyke just retired a few years ago, yet here comes his freaking kid.

hourglass.jpg

Feels like Andy Van Slyke just retired a few years ago, yet here comes his freaking kid.

hourglass.jpg

He told arguably my favorite story ever.

Bottom of the 9th. It's game 7 of the 1992 NLCS. Bottom of the 9th. Two outs. Bases loaded, Cabrera up. Van Slyke, being the studious player he is, knows that anything hit down the line won't matter and it's going to score two runs. He wants the outfield to play closer to defend the gaps to make a throw. So he grabs Barry Bonds' attention in left field. He tells Barry to play closer to the gap and not protect the line. Bonds then proceeds to flip him the bird. The rest is history.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back