Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
McDowell had him going in the right direction when he was here. I think he could thrive as a Bravo tho

You're not going to replace EOF or Venters both. Get what you can.

I guarantee that Alex Wood will be in Atlanta and in the bullpen sometime this year now.

If Struggla post another stupid (not in a good way) season and La Stella keeps at his current pace... then next season could get interesting at 2nd.

Last edited:
You're not going to replace EOF or Venters both. Get what you can.

I guarantee that Alex Wood will be in Atlanta and in the bullpen sometime this year now.

Maybe when rosters expand in Sept. Julio or Beachy (even though they are right handed) will go to the pen before him. Wren just said the other day that Wood isn't ready and it would be foolish to make that call.

If Struggla post another stupid (not in a good way) season and La Stella keeps at his current pace. Next season could get interesting at 2nd.

He has talent. He's also 24. I want to see how he does in Gwinnett before I get too excited.

And I don't know how we can get rid of Uggla and that contract. Maybe an AL team would take him because of his ability to walk and use him as a DH.

Maybe when rosters expand in Sept. Julio or Beachy (even though they are right handed) will go to the pen before him. Wren just said the other day that Wood isn't ready and it would be foolish to make that call.

Wood won't be here today obviously and he shouldn't. But I gotta think he'll be here in September. He throws 95-97 with a nasty slider. We need him.

Kansas City.

Maybe Billy Beane will jack over his walk rate and take him as his everyday 2B!

Or when Robinson Cano signs with the Angels we can trade him to the Yanks in a panic move!

Maybe Billy Beane will jack over his walk rate and take him as his everyday 2B!

Or when Robinson Cano signs with the Angels we can trade him to the Yanks in a panic move!

Haha. Given this, I think we're holding out for Kansas City.

He has talent. He's also 24. I want to see how he does in Gwinnett before I get too excited.

And I don't know how we can get rid of Uggla and that contract. Maybe an AL team would take him because of his ability to walk and use him as a DH.

Yeah, worst case scenario he could sometime down the road get DFA's or we end up eating a large portion a la the Derek Lowe clause. But, if La Stella keeps looking like the real deal and our 2nd base production is still bordering on the absurd like it has the past year and a half.. it'll be interesting. This team's window is only open so long.

I see there is a fair amount of Alex Bars butthurt to go around.

Is kinda funny that they bumped some people to 5 stars and kept Hurd right outside.

That tends to be what happens whenever sandyvag starts posting in a thread

Certainly.

"hey robby do you want to totally inflate your HR total by hitting 315 foot home runs like a lady?"

"yes"

I mean, I saw you complaining about this over the weekend. Why exactly do you care? As if it affects your life somehow.

I'm just out to hold major leaguers accountable for the home runs they do and do not REALLY DESERVE

I mean, I saw you complaining about this over the weekend. Why exactly do you care? As if it affects your life somehow.

Great point. I guess we should probably all stop bothering to talk about sports altogether. I'll ask Freak to shut down the site so we can all spend more time working out in the yard and doing some home organizing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back