Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fredi makes me think of boob.

BKwOnoXCMAAoig0.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
This is good news. This can only mean Beachy is better than ever. After watching both Medlen and Beachy come back strong after Tommy John, Fredi has decided to put Teheran on the fast track.

Reactions: 1 person
It's one thing to churn bullpen arms, it's another to run DOMINANT young starters into the ground for no reason at all.

Teheran's got a chance to be a #1 starter. He gets better and better (I haven't watched today's game, but his line looked great). To risk this is so ****ing dumb.

Fredi when asked about having starters go deeper into games "Oh yhea. Sometimes you gotta push the guys."

Teheran's previous high pitch count this year was 100. 123 tonight. Fredi, a 23% jump isn't pushing someone. That's criminal. Damn fool.

I don't see it as all that big a deal. He was at 110 through 8. I don't think the extra 13 pitches endangered his career.

"Push the guys."

Why? How can you justify that?

Probable Fredi response "He's young. He can take it. Those young bucks bounce back real quick. They heal in no time. He'll be alright."

or

'I was eating some sammiches. I was just talking about pushing the guys out of the way when I'm on my way to feed my fat ass."

I don't see it as all that big a deal.

The current stathead literature is fairly definitive that anything much north of 100 pitches is risky in an under-25 pitcher. Julio Teheran is one of the Braves' most valuable assets, and he's only 22 years old. What's the benefit to sending him back out there in the 9th after 109 pitches in a 5-0 game? Why do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back