Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't disagree with you regarding Teheran but I have to admit I am amused that you talk about me using sports cliches while at the same time being absolutely married to stats seemingly in every situation. :good!:

I confess to being swayed by arguments backed up with empirical evidence, yes.

You would. You've admittedly never played sports beyond middle school I believe.

Your point?

You know how many high school baseball games Theo Esptein played in? That'd be zero.

Don't bring that silly argument into this thread.

Your point?

You know how many high school baseball games Theo Esptein played in? That'd be zero.

Don't bring that silly argument into this thread.

You know how many people theo epstein is surrounded by that have played a **** ton of games at a **** ton of different levels?

You know how many people theo epstein is surrounded by that have played a **** ton of games at a **** ton of different levels?

My point is that the argument that people who didn't play collegiate or professional sports can't argue sports effectively is dumb and played out.

Reactions: 1 person
My point is that the argument that people who didn't play collegiate or professional sports can't argue sports effectively is dumb and played out.

There are nuisances of the game they cannot argue effectively, without question.

Good thing that's not the point I'm trying to make. My point is that people that don't have a lot of actual experience playing the game are married to stats and stats alone a la Verc.

I know you mods sometimes feel the need to stick up for each other but come on. You clearly missed my point.

Good thing that's not the point I'm trying to make. My point is that people that don't have a lot of actual experience playing the game are married to stats and stats alone a la Verc.

I know you mods sometimes feel the need to stick up for each other but come on. You clearly missed my point.

a la hines.

Not equating or comparing the two.

Not even really commenting on the pros/cons/relevance of arguing stats/cliches/eyes/numbers/experience.

a la hines.

Not equating or comparing the two.

Not even really commenting on the pros/cons/relevance of arguing stats/cliches/eyes/numbers/experience.

I got you. I just found Verc's snide comment about me always using cliches to be hilarious because it was totally out of left field and I wasn't even part of the conversation at the time.

You would. You've admittedly never played sports beyond middle school I believe.

Congratulations on playing community college baseball, or whatever the heck it was. Joe Morgan and Tim McCarver each played 20 years in the major leagues and that didn't keep either of them from being blind idiots when talking about the game. Your lengthy experience at the bottom end of an almost relevant level of the sport doesn't seem to have given you any particular insight either.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back