Atlanta Braves Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current stathead literature is fairly definitive that anything much north of 100 pitches is risky in an under-25 pitcher. Julio Teheran is one of the Braves' most valuable assets, and he's only 22 years old. What's the benefit to sending him back out there in the 9th after 109 pitches in a 5-0 game? Why do it?

I guess my take is that I can see why he went back out, although I think he was out there 1 batter too long.

Over. Also over on half a dozen number of playmates in/around that bathroom/fireplace area at once.

The current stathead literature is fairly definitive that anything much north of 100 pitches is risky in an under-25 pitcher. Julio Teheran is one of the Braves' most valuable assets, and he's only 22 years old. What's the benefit to sending him back out there in the 9th after 109 pitches in a 5-0 game? Why do it?

I don't disagree with you regarding Teheran but I have to admit I am amused that you talk about me using sports cliches while at the same time being absolutely married to stats seemingly in every situation. :good!:

I don't disagree with you regarding Teheran but I have to admit I am amused that you talk about me using sports cliches while at the same time being absolutely married to stats seemingly in every situation. :good!:

What about that is amusing? Aren't those generally regarded as the two main camps when it comes to most arguments these days? I realize that it's an over generalization, but aren't the two main groups thought to be those who use stats and "real baseball men" who use all their traditional cliches?

If rotations hold, I will see Julio vs duke next Friday night and strasburg vs Hudson Saturday night, right dbake?

I wanted Julio vs stras but I guess I can deal with it. Could do without duke and I've seen Hudson do his thing plenty enough times.

JULIOOOOOOOO

What about that is amusing? Aren't those generally regarded as the two main camps when it comes to most arguments these days? I realize that it's an over generalization, but aren't the two main groups thought to be those who use stats and "real baseball men" who use all their traditional cliches?

I don't disagree but read back a few and you'll see the Verc is amused that I sometimes invoke "cliches."

Love Teheran but I see him as more of a #3 or #4. He needs to start missing more bats in order to work up to being considered a #1. Just my opinion.

Teheran as a 4? Lemme guess.. You're one of those cats who think Randall Delgado is a top of the rotation guy?

Someone lend a hand: Remarkably, we have another broken hand to announce regarding a pitcher named Ryan on one of these teams.

Washington manager Davey Johnson said that right-hander Ryan Mattheus broke his pitching hand punching a locker in frustration Sunday. Mattheus had been pitching well, but allowed five runs in a blowout loss at San Diego and took out his frustration on himself. Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post described the Nats pitching staff as already being in disarray before Mattheus lost his cool.

Lol. Never ceass to amaze me when pitchers do this ^

Last edited:
Teheran as a 4? Lemme guess.. You're one of those cats who think Randall Delgado is a top of the rotation guy?

I have not really seen or read much about him.

And yes, I think Teheran needs to start missing more bats to be considered a true top of the rotation starter. He may do it. We haven't seen that yet in the big leagues but obviously he is still young.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back