Barbie movie is about to be the biggest messaging backfire since Full Metal Jacket.

Sgt_Nick_Fury

Danneskjöld's love child.
Calling it now brothers! Just as Stanley Kubrik meant to make an anti war film, and instead made the greatest USMC recruitment movie of all time. Barbie is based FIRE hidden in woke wrappings!
I expect an Explosion of I'm just Ken memes, and likely Enlisted singing this song in cadence as a new anthem...

A hero is born:
F10EJIUWcAEB6IL.jpg

The Based and Hilarious Reason Gen Z Bros Are Flocking to the New Barbie Flick

But there’s something even worse and more dangerous to the Left than the boys of Gen Z’s refusal to become submissive and self-loathing eunuchs: they have an abiding, sardonic sense of humor.

Many say that 2024 is shaping up to be a repeat of 2016, and there are certainly current conditions that support that premise. One of them is that the “may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb” attitude is making a comeback. In 2016, that meant voting for the guy who joked about grabbing women by the pink hat. In 2023, as blue-haired harpies and damaged alphabet people shriek at you that you’re a racist-sexist-homo-trans-xenophobe, it means you shouldn’t disappoint them. Embrace it, become it — fulfill their wildest unsafe-victim-of-violent-ideas fantasies. And then, as you confirm their bias and their eyes well up with terror, savor and enjoy the hysteria.

Gen Z bros are going to see “Barbie” so they can emulate (for laughs) Ken’s character arc

The left meme themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: norrislakevol
I’m just amazed at the numbers for it and Oppenheimer.

Disney apologists keep saying no one goes to the movies anymore, whenever one of their films flop.
Avatar 2 is going to crack $2 billion dollars in sales. No one is saying what you are claiming. They will say the industry has changed. That's true. How is a Barbie movie, with one of the actresses who play Barbie was born a man, performing so well? I thought go woke go broke was what's happening to Disney.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Avatar 2 is going to crack $2 billion dollars in sales. No one is saying what you are claiming. They will say the industry has changed. That's true. How is a Barbie movie, with one of the actresses who play Barbie was born a man, performing so well? I thought go woke go broke was what's happening to Disney.

Perhaps you missed “when one of their films flop” part.

People have absolutely said it.

They are saying it. Go to the Disney or ESPN is imploding threads. Everyone is convinced Disney is "go woke-go broke."

They are saying it. Go to the Disney or ESPN is imploding threads. Everyone is convinced Disney is "go woke-go broke."

When Disney makes a good movie (like Avatar 2), they make buckets of money...

When they make unneeded movies (Indiana Jones 5), they lose buckets of money...

Of course, some of the proof Disney is going broke is by omitting those movies that have billions of receipts, like Avatar 2....

Calling it now brothers! Just as Stanley Kubrik meant to make an anti war film, and instead made the greatest USMC recruitment movie of all time. Barbie is based FIRE hidden in woke wrappings!
I expect an Explosion of I'm just Ken memes, and likely Enlisted singing this song in cadence as a new anthem...

A hero is born:
View attachment 565256

The Based and Hilarious Reason Gen Z Bros Are Flocking to the New Barbie Flick

The left meme themselves.

Some of you guys are so deranged about anything remotely woke. We got Ben Shapiro lighting Barbies on fire (which you usually have to pay big for that kind of publicity...way to pwn the libs) and people buzzing about the message of a movie they probably haven't seen.

When Disney makes a good movie (like Avatar 2), they make buckets of money...

When they make unneeded movies (Indiana Jones 5), they lose buckets of money...

Of course, some of the proof Disney is going broke is by omitting those movies that have billions of receipts, like Avatar 2....
What qualifies as “unneeded”? Few of Disney’s movies are needed.

Good and Bad would probably suffice.
Indy 5 is apparently a very bad movie.

Disney movies were a constant in my childhood. Mid 60s - mid 70s. If there had been minorities as the lead characters, it wouldn't have made a difference in my approval

Disney movies were a constant in my childhood. Mid 60s - mid 70s. If there had been minorities as the lead characters, it wouldn't have made a difference in my approval
What in the world does that have to do with Indy 5 being a bad movie?

It's supposedly not bad, it's just an 80 year old Indiana Jones, which is just stupid...

The prior one was Shia L. was garbage. This one is supposedly decent but nothing special...

Reactions: NEO
It's supposedly not bad, it's just an 80 year old Indiana Jones, which is just stupid...

The prior one was Shia L. was garbage. This one is supposedly decent but nothing special...
I haven’t seen it.

But I’ve read reviews that sidestep all the noise… and what I’ve read say it’s just not a very good story. Idk.

I haven’t seen it.

But I’ve read reviews that sidestep all the noise… and what I’ve read say it’s just not a very good story. Idk.

Haven't seen it. Know people who have and who said it's decent but nothing worth rushing to see.

The Rotten Tomatoes score of 69% and Audience score of B+ kinda indicate a decent but not great movie. Harrison Ford at 80 can't carry a decent movie that cost $300M to profitability...

That's why I used word un-needed earlier since this was never going to make $$$ at that budget

Reactions: 85SugarVol

The difference is the Barbie movie is so cringe worthy woke, it went to the other side....it is a mockery of all things woke, and thus has become a new sardonic humor comment on woke culture. Anti woke meme culture loves it. Then just add to the irony of a "Barbie" movie being about feminism...is just hilarious.

Reactions: GroverCleveland

VN Store

Back