Barbie movie is about to be the biggest messaging backfire since Full Metal Jacket.

That conservative boycott has really shut this whole thing down ... Looks like Warner Bros. and Mattel are gonna take a bath.

Top Lifetime Grosses - Box Office Mojo

Barbie just passed "The Dark Knight" from 2008, for #16 All Time in Box Office Domestic Gross. It's been in theaters for less than 4 weeks (July 21, 2023 was the premiere date). It's made $537 million in the United States so far.

I’m counting it…. My wife wanted to me to watch it with her and my adult daughter…. I told her I was part of a conservative boycott…. We shut down Budlight and will do the same to Barbie….. Of course…. I didn’t drink budlight and have absolutely no desire to see Barbie so it’s not much of a sacrifice. 😂
No really, for me it isn't a boycott. I am not the least but interested in seeing it. Not even in the airplane

That conservative boycott has really shut this whole thing down ... Looks like Warner Bros. and Mattel are gonna take a bath.

Top Lifetime Grosses - Box Office Mojo

Barbie just passed "The Dark Knight" from 2008, for #16 All Time in Box Office Domestic Gross. It's been in theaters for less than 4 weeks (July 21, 2023 was the premiere date). It's made $537 million in the United States so far.
716C1CFA-0CCD-4A8F-B04C-5161DAF59AF3.gif

I don’t think there is a conservative boycott… just a few random stalking about the movie on social media

No really, for me it isn't a boycott. I am not the least but interested in seeing it. Not even in the airplane
4492CFD3-F205-4A12-A451-DF75F9B046D5.gif

I don’t boycott anything…. I just claim to be boycotting things I don’t want to do any ways……My wife rolls her eyes bc she knows I’m FOS.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Making up a fake reason to avoid seeing a (by all accounts good) movie with your family is kind of sad IMO, though we probably all have done something like that
I was joking with my family…. They know I’m not going to go see Barbie although I watched plenty of those kind of movies when my girls were young…. I did see Meg 2 with the same daughter…. My wife didn’t go bc that is not her kind of movie…. I also have been to see Dungeon and Dragons, Mario, and Spider-Man with my boys.

Reactions: NashVol11

"Just like you guys."
Pay attention she's talking to you guys.

She has a higher IQ than 90% of this forum.....

Last edited:
I don’t think there is a conservative boycott… just a few random stalking about the movie on social media
Fox News and Ted Cruz talked about it a lot in July, but after they could see that the movie was doing really well in southern states, they quickly let it go.

Fox News left confused by map that shows red states loving Barbie after GOP backlash

Ted Cruz Goes to War Against Barbie

'Barbie' boycott calls grow among Republicans over movie's "woke messaging"

Ted is creepy, and Fox sucks. I am not aware of any conservative that I know boycotting it. Plenty who just didn't watch it because it was a Barbie movie... (legit reason) I only watched because I was trying to figure out why my totally sane and based nephew watched and said it was good. I was confused ... (i also did not pay for it... Yar) I was pleasently surprised....I genuinely thought it was hilarious, could not understand any hate for it, and felt it was high IQ mocking everything woke...if I'm wrong and they really meant the woke parts...then it's even more hilarious. But I feel like they had to be trolling.

Last edited:
Fox News and Ted Cruz talked about it a lot in July, but after they could see that the movie was doing really well in southern states, they quickly let it go.

Fox News left confused by map that shows red states loving Barbie after GOP backlash

Ted Cruz Goes to War Against Barbie

'Barbie' boycott calls grow among Republicans over movie's "woke messaging"
Are you seriously taking a victory lap over a kids movie? I'll bet you more people that consider themselves conservative on this site have seen it than the ones that believe themselves liberal.

VN Store

Back