BasketVols in the NBA (Pros)

This hasn't been a good year for Grant. He's not really playing or scoring any more than he was last year and has fallen out of the starting lineup. He started last night but only played 11 minutes. He could benefit from some focus.

Reactions: Sportslady
Now we feel sorry for Grant going to a bottom tier team but okay with Knecht being drafted by Wizards or PistonsšŸ¤Ø

Now we feel sorry for Grant going to a bottom tier team but okay with Knecht being drafted by Wizards or PistonsšŸ¤Ø

Completely different scenarios in being drafted and being traded. Itā€™s Apples to Oranges.

Also, the Wizards and Pistons are better franchises than the Hornets.

Reactions: Rifleman
Completely different scenarios in being drafted and being traded. Itā€™s Apples to Oranges.

Also, the Wizards and Pistons are better franchises than the Hornets.
Okay that's true about draft and trade scenarios.

Bottom statement eh, Wizards haven't been competitive since the late 70's when they were the Bullets.
Pistons good grief .

Okay that's true about draft and trade scenarios.

Bottom statement eh, Wizards haven't been competitive since the late 70's when they were the Bullets.
Pistons good grief .

You do realize the Hornets havenā€™t made the playoffs since 2015 and the Wizards have been 3 times since then and twice to the Conference Semi-Finals? If you go back one year farther to 2014 where the Hornets missed the playoffs, you can add another Conference Semi-Final appearance for the Wizards.

Theyā€™re a much better franchise.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
I would say right now the Hornets are in better shape than the Pistons and Wizards. Those 2 are in complete basketball hell for a couple years running, now.

Ball
Miller
Bridges
Williams
Williams

That's a pretty good, young 5. I'd be depressed if I had the Wizards roster, and the Pistons have some talent, they just don't fit together and the coaching situation is as bad as it gets.

Here's the SI grade

Mavericks: C+​

Hmmm. I understand this move for Dallas more than I celebrate it. Washington undoubtedly has a higher ceiling as an individual talent than Williams. Heā€™s a better scorer and more versatile offensively. Thatā€™s great! On the other hand, even though Williams very quickly fell out of favor with the Mavs, he was a better fit on paper. Isnā€™t Williams the exact kind of player Dallas needed around Luka Dončić and Kyrie Irving? A rugged defender who could guard multiple positions, knock down open threes and has vast playoff experience? Washington has no postseason experience, and while he has potential defensively, he isn't the pest on that end of the floor Williams is. A first-round pick is a somewhat steep price to pay for someone who seems like a slightly worse fit. Washington is definitely talented, though. Perhaps playing alongside such high-end talent pushes him up another level. And as much as I loved the Williams fit on paper, in practice he seemingly wasnā€™t providing enough of what Dallas wanted him to. For now, I still feel the Mavs would be better served in the playoffs with a player who is more proven in that arena.

Hornets: B​

I donā€™t know why Charlotte felt the need to give up on Washington, but this is a decent return. Williams is the same age and can be a nice role player for whatever the core is moving forward. And he at least brings an expectation of winning this organization has seemingly lacked. At worst, heā€™ll be valued by contenders which means the Hornets will have the option to gather more for him if they decide to go for a full teardown. A future first is always valuable in our draft asset obsessed culture, especially when added to the one the team picked up for Terry Rozier. And Curry is a hometown hero, so thatā€™s nice. If the team was so determined to move off Washington, this is fairly solid maneuvering.

SI reporting that Grant Williams' personality was a locker room problem. I've been noticing for a couple years he seems to annoy his teammates. He lacks some self awareness. For example, Brad Stevens would be telling Jayson Tatum something and Grant, a rookie, would just walk up and interrupt and start saying something like he's the coach. Once it was pointed out to me, I started seeing him do that **** all the time.

Yikes. Poor Grant. Got the boot.
They (Hornets) also traded away Gordon Hayward which opens up a lot of minutes for Grant this is probably a good move for him. he becomes their most likely Starter at PF with Hayward and Washington gone. he can put up some numbers on this team especially when Lamello is back.

SI reporting that Grant Williams' personality was a locker room problem. I've been noticing for a couple years he seems to annoy his teammates. He lacks some self awareness. For example, Brad Stevens would be telling Jayson Tatum something and Grant, a rookie, would just walk up and interrupt and start saying something like he's the coach. Once it was pointed out to me, I started seeing him do that **** all the time.

Iā€™ve actually noticed that a bit, too. It didnā€™t seem like the Celtics were sad to see him go. Weird.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT

VN Store

Back