BasketVols in the NBA (Pros)

Man I hate after Grant and PJ had a bit of a rivalry in college that PJ is the more valued player this far into their NBA careers

I’ve actually noticed that a bit, too. It didn’t seem like the Celtics were sad to see him go. Weird.
I do like Grant and always will pull and follow him, but I don’t doubt this at all as he can be a little to vocal and has earned him a bit of a reputation. Kinda wish he’d tone it down and let his play and effort speak for itself.

SI reporting that Grant Williams' personality was a locker room problem. I've been noticing for a couple years he seems to annoy his teammates. He lacks some self awareness. For example, Brad Stevens would be telling Jayson Tatum something and Grant, a rookie, would just walk up and interrupt and start saying something like he's the coach. Once it was pointed out to me, I started seeing him do that **** all the time.

Oh he's definitely lacking in awareness or a filter or something, but it's kind of refreshing in this NBA. It had to be a shock after where he's been to land on a team in Dallas where they take defensive possessions off like they do.

He'll be a head coach someday and either excel beyond anyone's expectations or absolutely bomb and be loathed by players and fans alike. There won't be a middle ground.

Oh no! He switched his shoes?

*no shot at you....just a ridiculous tweet by NBAcentral

The tweet is not the problem, unless it's a false report. The culture is the problem. Either Grant did this to be petty because there were other problems, or it had nothing to do with Luka but he took it personally and he acted like an egomaniac.

The tweet is not the problem, unless it's a false report. The culture is the problem. Either Grant did this to be petty because there were other problems, or it had nothing to do with Luka but he took it personally and he acted like an egomaniac.
I find it hard to believe Grant would be petty and passive aggressive. Not like he has a problem telling people to their face. I can believe Luka was offended if a teammate didn't wear his shoe though.

I don't think this trade moves the needle for Dallas. I'll be interested to see Grant's role in Charlotte

Reactions: aWhiteLoftonChism
I find it hard to believe Grant would be petty and passive aggressive. Not like he has a problem telling people to their face. I can believe Luka was offended if a teammate didn't wear his shoe though.

I don't think this trade moves the needle for Dallas. I'll be interested to see Grant's role in Charlotte

It definitely wasn't a trade strictly based on basketball. PJ is more dynamic, has more length, and offers something Grant doesn't, but the Mavs need his 3 and D, not a dynamic tweener forward who doesn't shoot 3's great.

Watching LaMelo Ball score 25 to 30 a game.

Most likely Miles Bridges backup.

It's not always helpful to be the smartest guy in the room....on every matter. Hopefully he'll learn some things through this plight

I’ve actually noticed that a bit, too. It didn’t seem like the Celtics were sad to see him go. Weird.

Celtic fans liked Williams--and he played well for Boston--but they also recognized that, like so many players in the NBA, he was a movable piece if the Celtics wanted a different piece for the team. And he could traded a lot, I think, as he's a strong but undersized power forward. Player trades are rampant in the NBA--and nobody knows that more than J, Richardson. He's been traded six times.

I do like Grant and always will pull and follow him, but I don’t doubt this at all as he can be a little to vocal and has earned him a bit of a reputation. Kinda wish he’d tone it down and let his play and effort speak for itself.
Kyrie couldn’t stand it when Lebron told him to play defense. No way he wanted to hear it from someone like Grant.

Some nice post-game quotes:

Brandon Miller

“Without the guys we brought in, we wouldn't be winning, for sure,” Miller said. “They helped push all of the young guys and the older guys. Everybody is coaching each other and making each other better.”

Over the last three games, the Hornets have averaged 28 assists and limited their opponents to 102.3 points per game.

“The ball is not sticking and our defensive energy has gone up a lot since our first game with them,” Miller said.

Coach Steve Clifford

Clifford attributed the Hornets jelling so quickly to adding veterans with basketball savvy.

“The smarter your group is, everything becomes easier,” Clifford said. “I thought we could be good offensively, but now I'm starting to see the defense can also be really good without having to run around and double team. And Grant Williams is a big part of that.”

Clifford said Williams, a Charlotte native, is valuable because of his defensive versatility, physicality and communication on defense.

VN Store

Back