BasketVols in the NBA (Pros)

There will likely be links soon listing all Vols playing in the summer league, but in the meantime below is an updated list for the full NBA. In this, I see (may not be complete):

Jordan Bowden - Hawks
Keon Johnson - Nets
Julian Phillips - Bulls
Vescovi - Warriors
JJJ - Pacers
Knecht - Lakers
Kennedy Chandler - Trail Blazers
Yves Pons - Kings

Also:
Drew Pember - Celtics
DJ Burns - Cavs
Olivier Nkhamoua - Trail Blazers

it looks like Drew Pember is playing for Charlotte

Reactions: chuckiepoo
There will likely be links soon listing all Vols playing in the summer league, but in the meantime below is an updated list for the full NBA. In this, I see (may not be complete):

Jordan Bowden - Hawks
Keon Johnson - Nets
Julian Phillips - Bulls
Vescovi - Warriors
JJJ - Pacers
Knecht - Lakers
Kennedy Chandler - Trail Blazers
Yves Pons - Kings

Also:
Drew Pember - Hornets
DJ Burns - Cavs
Olivier Nkhamoua - Trail Blazers

That's really impressive. Barnes continues to bring in and develop talent. That's not including Springer and Grant, who are established enough, that they got their roster spot locked up. I think Keon, Dalton and Phillips do, also

Knecht's working to get open looks in the Summer League game, but not getting any passes out of the effort. None of the other Lakers are interested in giving anyone else the ball. Everyone playing for bags.

Having had the game on in the background, my biggest observation is that this has been the "Bronny James and the Lakers" broadcast. Every time they take a break, it's Bronny and the Lakers with these guys. All the announcers talk about is Bronny this, Bronny that. They've spent the whole show either defending his presence or explaining how he can come along and improve.

Not that I have any personal stake in that aspect of their team or anything, but it's just funny to hear them carrying all that water. It's almost comical. No, strike that, it IS comical.

Having had the game on in the background, my biggest observation is that this has been the "Bronny James and the Lakers" broadcast. Every time they take a break, it's Bronny and the Lakers with these guys. All the announcers talk about is Bronny this, Bronny that. They've spent the whole show either defending his presence or explaining how he can come along and improve.

Not that I have any personal stake in that aspect of their team or anything, but it's just funny to hear them carrying all that water. It's almost comical. No, strike that, it IS comical.
I actually have been actively watching the entire broadcast, and it is not dominated by Bronny talk. They spent as much time defending Knecht as they did James, and they talked about Knecht's accolades as well.

That Arms dude is looking good.

Reactions: pimo1
I actually have been actively watching the entire broadcast, and it is not dominated by Bronny talk. They spent as much time defending Knecht as they did James, and they talked about Knecht's accolades as well.

That Arms dude is looking good.

Yeah. Same with the Hinson guy from Pitt who was a UDFA. Knecht has had a hard time adjusting but he’s played nice defense and had some nice assists. The shots will fall eventually, I think.

Yeah. Same with the Hinson guy from Pitt who was a UDFA. Knecht has had a hard time adjusting but he’s played nice defense and had some nice assists. The shots will fall eventually, I think.
I agree; NCAA to NBA is a huge adjustment. I'd venture to guess that the game is moving very fast for him. Once it slows down, I think he will find success. He's already looking better at the tail end of this game.

DK 5-9 from FT. If he just hits his charity stripe shots he would have finished with 16 points. Still, 12 PTS 4 AST 2 RB 2 STL isn’t a bad line, although the 12 points was on 3-12 shooting.

DK took good shots throughout, but couldn’t throw it in the bucket from anywhere, even FT line. Otherwise he showed some playmaking ability, they let him initiate offense often, had zero turnovers, had two steals and only looked overmatched once on defensive end.

If he had shot average he would have scored over 20. He looked pissed at end of game. Knowing him, he will be in the gym tonight.

DK gained confidence throughout the game. He'll score as he finds his rhythm. Summer league games can be difficult to judge. A lot of the time, guys who have been pros at the lower levels or 2nd year players shine because they are used to this level, but they have deficiencies keeping them off the floor in the NBA. The Arms dude for the Kings is 26 years old. He might find a spot at the end of the bench somewhere, but he's playing summer ball for a reason. DK, though, will have a 25-30 point game soon and be in the Lakers rotation when the season starts.

I think it took DK a little time to realize that his teamates weren't trying to win the game; they were trying to make the team. I enjoyed seeing him. He's looked much sharper, but not a bad outing for what it was. Looking forward to when games are for real.

VN Store

Back