BasketVols in the NBA (Pros)

Yup. Sports is mostly entertainment and gambling now. The days of pure competition driving interest are over. Bronny James is simply a TV show being produced by ESPN.
For the the die-hard fan bases of each team, it's still about the competition

Sports are more valuable than ever, even if viewership is slightly down, because it’s the only appointment television left.

These networks have to have sports to stay relevant at all.
Yep all these shows can be streamed and people don’t care to binge watch, but sports is the best live programming left on television. It’s the purest form of television left.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Knecht seems to be playing good defense. his shot will come around. Edey looked like a man among boys for the Grizzlies and Pippen Jr. was looking good also. Grizz play again tonight Lakers tomorrow. I feel like Knecht is gonna settle in as things progress. Lakers look to be giving everyone minutes to find some guys. The Kings have 2 teams so are getting a lot of guys PT. A lot going on this summer league season. can't wait for Vegas this Friday that's when it really heats up.

Knecht seems to be playing good defense. his shot will come around. Edey looked like a man among boys for the Grizzlies and Pippen Jr. was looking good also. Grizz play again tonight Lakers tomorrow. I feel like Knecht is gonna settle in as things progress. Lakers look to be giving everyone minutes to find some guys. The Kings have 2 teams so are getting a lot of guys PT. A lot going on this summer league season. can't wait for Vegas this Friday that's when it really heats up.
Edey hitting 6 fouls in his first NBA action was hilarious and predictable.

Edey hitting 6 fouls in his first NBA action was hilarious and predictable.
After 34 mins 15 rebounds 14 points and 4 blocks....Context matters bro. How many guys that big can play 20 minutes much less 34. You threw it out there like the dude fouled out in 15 mins and got blanked in the box score. Also you don't foul out in Summer league there were 3 guys in that game with 7 fouls lol. They want guys to play agressive and if your center can give me 6 fouls in 34mins with that box score 99% of NBA coaches are happy as a clam.

1720545725384.png

After 34 mins 15 rebounds 14 points and 4 blocks....Context matters bro. How many guys that big can play 20 minutes much less 34. You threw it out there like the dude fouled out in 15 mins and got blanked in the box score. Also you don't foul out in Summer league there were 3 guys in that game with 7 fouls lol. They want guys to play agressive and if your center can give me 6 fouls in 34mins with that box score 99% of NBA coaches are happy as a clam.

View attachment 657443
The same box score I read! But the more important column for winning NBA games is the 3PT column, which showed lower perimeter usage than a typical NBA game and much lower accuracy. He did a fine job on his debut, but it does show some of the difficulty he’s going to face against veteran players when 6 fouls will disqualify him. He didn’t reach 5 fouls with the same usage in the past 3 years of college play.

Reactions: pimo1
The same box score I read! But the more important column for winning NBA games is the 3PT column, which showed lower perimeter usage than a typical NBA game and much lower accuracy. He did a fine job on his debut, but it does show some of the difficulty he’s going to face against veteran players when 6 fouls will disqualify him. He didn’t reach 5 fouls with the same usage in the past 3 years of college play.
Nah when players know they cant foul out they play differently. Everyone is out here playing for grits and gravy. Edey has never been foul prone he averaged 2 fouls a game in college. In his 4 year career he fouled out of exactly 1 game his freshman year. Trust me this is summer league tomfoolery.

The exciting stat from summer league so far is Knecht averaging 2 steals a game.

Santi got a DNP in warriors last game in the classic not sure if that's a good sign as they played the name guys that game. but the real summer league starts tomorrow in vegas we shall see the warriors don't play tomorrow though

There will likely be links soon listing all Vols playing in the summer league, but in the meantime below is an updated list for the full NBA. In this, I see (may not be complete):

Jordan Bowden - Hawks
Keon Johnson - Nets
Julian Phillips - Bulls
Vescovi - Warriors
JJJ - Pacers
Knecht - Lakers
Kennedy Chandler - Trail Blazers
Yves Pons - Kings

Also:
Drew Pember - Hornets
DJ Burns - Cavs
Olivier Nkhamoua - Trail Blazers

Jaden Springer - Celtics

Also:
Justin Powell - Sixers

There will likely be links soon listing all Vols playing in the summer league, but in the meantime below is an updated list for the full NBA. In this, I see (may not be complete):

Jordan Bowden - Hawks
Keon Johnson - Nets
Julian Phillips - Bulls
Vescovi - Warriors
JJJ - Pacers
Knecht - Lakers
Kennedy Chandler - Trail Blazers
Yves Pons - Kings

Also:
Drew Pember - Hornets
DJ Burns - Cavs
Olivier Nkhamoua - Trail Blazers