BasketVols in the NBA (Pros)

I actually have been actively watching the entire broadcast, and it is not dominated by Bronny talk. They spent as much time defending Knecht as they did James, and they talked about Knecht's accolades as well.

That Arms dude is looking good.

That might be true. But ESPN.com is pretty gross with how much Bronny is all over the front page. It's literally all Bronny. That's a lot of coverage for a dude who scored 4 points.

There will likely be links soon listing all Vols playing in the summer league, but in the meantime below is an updated list for the full NBA. In this, I see (may not be complete):

Jordan Bowden - Hawks
Keon Johnson - Nets
Julian Phillips - Bulls
Vescovi - Warriors
JJJ - Pacers
Knecht - Lakers
Kennedy Chandler - Trail Blazers
Yves Pons - Kings

Also:
Drew Pember - Hornets
DJ Burns - Cavs
Olivier Nkhamoua - Trail Blazers

As a big Hawks fan, I would like to see Bowden earn a regular season roster spot with the franchise.

People are just going to have to get used to the Bronny stuff and not let it agitate them every game because it’s not going away anytime soon.
Yup. Sports is mostly entertainment and gambling now. The days of pure competition driving interest are over. Bronny James is simply a TV show being produced by ESPN.

People are just going to have to get used to the Bronny stuff and not let it agitate them every game because it’s not going away anytime soon.
Agree it's not going away but it will serve as yet another detractor for the NBA product which is seemingly falling out of favor with casual fans based on ratings the last few years.

Reactions: Just a VolinTears
Agree it's not going away but it will serve as yet another detractor for the NBA product which is seemingly falling out of favor with casual fans based on ratings the last few years.

Not sure the NBA cares much about ratings as weird as it sounds. Teams clearly are not hurting for cash with how bloated NBA contracts have become recently. So the league is clearly raking in cash from somewhere.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Not sure the NBA cares much about ratings as weird as it sounds. Teams clearly are not hurting for cash with how bloated NBA contracts have become recently. So the league is clearly raking in cash from somewhere.
Television contracts.NBA will be going back to NBC in 2025-2026 season along with ESPN and Amazon I believe.

Yup. Sports is mostly entertainment and gambling now. The days of pure competition driving interest are over. Bronny James is simply a TV show being produced by ESPN.

Jesus, bro, you just learn about gambling? It's always been there and spectator sports have always been entertainment. You were watching for science previously, or what? What are you talking about?

Reactions: Lukusw

They care about ratings, they just can't hit hostorical ratings markers from the past because that's the new entertainment reality. All the NBA cares about is having among the best current live TV ratings.

The NBA is killing it right now*, they know what they're doing, and they're loving every bit of this Bronny thing. Imagine any other league getting this much attention for one of the last picks in the draft. Only the NFL could do that and even they haven't. You're saying "detracting" but detracting from what? Summer League? This is the lulls of the offseason and ESPN is talking about the NBA. This is winning

*check out the TV contract they just got

The ratings drop hasn't been really that substantial and I kinda doubt it will have much of a negative effect, if anything it will boost ratings because people will tune in to watch them play on the court together. The novelty will wear off and there might be somewhat of a backlash if they keep pushing Bronny and he sucks, but I don't think he's any kind of long term plan for the Lakers anyway. They are using him for what they need. If he turns into a solid player, that's a bonus.

He’s had a rough first two games, but there will be an adjustment period for him. I don’t think it helps that the team he is on is freaking awful even by Summer League standards.
Yeah I know him being on the lakers he has a huge target on his back I hate that for him cause he is a great player

He’s had a rough first two games, but there will be an adjustment period for him. I don’t think it helps that the team he is on is freaking awful even by Summer League standards.
Agreed. It’s clear the guys on the Lakers Summer League roster are playing for a contract and not to win games. They’re not playing any team offense, playing guys 1-on-1, taking poor contested shots.

I think DK is used to getting his within an offense so he’s trying to figure out how to get his shots, which I think is throwing him off his game a bit, especially with guys who don’t pass the ball. Just my opinion.

Dalton has taken 25 shots in 2 games and for the most all were good shots, but he only made 6 of them. Hope he keeps his confidence as he missed a bunch that are normally automatic for him. He has been unselfish among a team of very selfish players. Only has had 1 turnover in 2 games.

Dalton has taken 25 shots in 2 games and for the most all were good shots, but he only made 6 of them. Hope he keeps his confidence as he missed a bunch that are normally automatic for him. He has been unselfish among a team of very selfish players. Only has had 1 turnover in 2 games.
He had the most shot attempts of all Lakers in that span as well. Not sure if the selfish teammates angle really holds any water.

VN Store

Back