Bellator MMA.

There was a rule they were getting warned about where in Florida you could not hit a guy on the back and all the way up to the scalp of the head. At least that is what I could gather from their commentating.

Yup. The Florida rule.

There was a rule they were getting warned about where in Florida you could not hit a guy on the back and all the way up to the scalp of the head. At least that is what I could gather from their commentating.

Do they video review if its near the line

I'll admit I was fairly intoxicated when I watched last night, so I didn't notice. I know they don't allow strikes to the spine or the back of the head, never heard of no strikes to the back period though. I might try and catch the replay. Do you remember what fight it was?

All of them, but a lot of the commentary about it was during the caveman fight iirc. It was only strikes to the back and top of the head from what I remember. There was something about no elbows from what I can recall as well. May have to do some research, but I am sure Slice can elaborate.

All of them, but a lot of the commentary about it was during the caveman fight iirc. It was only strikes to the back and top of the head from what I remember. There was something about no elbows from what I can recall as well. May have to do some research, but I am sure Slice can elaborate.

A couple different organizations do not allow elbows. Thats another thing that needs to be fixed. Different rules in different states and organizations, they need unified rules. And trained MMA judges, judging is borderline insane some times.

A couple different organizations do not allow elbows. Thats another thing that needs to be fixed. Different rules in different states and organizations, they need unified rules. And trained MMA judges, judging is borderline insane some times.

Yeah, it seems kind of dumb having such different rules every event. If a state like FL can't conform to what everyone else is doing than don't have any fights there.

I was going to name a couple stupid rules, but I didn't know where to start. So basically you can only go for a sub or slap someone on the ground. Lol

All they talked about was strikes to the head. Now I wish they would have addressed some of the other nonsense.

Yeah, it seems kind of dumb having such different rules every event. If a state like FL can't conform to what everyone else is doing than don't have any fights there.

I agree 100%, it's probably annoying for a fighter to have to learn new rules in every state. I feel like those rules are an April fool's prank.

I agree 100%, it's probably annoying for a fighter to have to learn new rules in every state. I feel like those rules are an April fool's prank.

I don't know a lot of these guys or their style, but with what I can infer it would certainly have to affect their strategy, imo. Especially in the state of FL.

All they talked about was strikes to the head. Now I wish they would have addressed some of the other nonsense.

I follow MMA closely, those are some of the strangest rules I've seen. Only straight leg sub attempts, no knees to the head while standing, only open palmed strikes to the head of a downed opponent, the action will NOT continue if you get knocked down by strikes, wtf?

Edit: no strikes to the head of a downed opponent, lol even better.

Last edited:
I don't know a lot of these guys or their style, but with what I can infer it would certainly have to affect their strategy, imo. Especially in the state of FL.

Well if I was a wrestler that was a big ground n pound guy, I'd refuse to fight in Florida. It would take away their best offense.

Like I said after glancing over those rules it just doesn't seem to jive with a lot of it. The head strikes were all they mentioned the other night. A couple of the fights were sub wins so they may not have really needed to address any of the other stupidity.

Don't remember names. I was fast forwarding through the fluff.

Tall guy with a Mohawk, he was like 6'6. Went for a lot of subs in about a 30 second span. Then hit the guy with a big elbow from the bottom, stood up and just swarmed the guy.

VN Store

Back