Best and worst things you saw this weekend?

Best: Nico and the offenses ability to be efficient and move the ball.

Worst: 2 things for me actually. #1 Looks like behind Nico it's a huge drop off which is understandable but Jake did look better than Gaston but we will see as the season progresses hopefully it's a mute point. #2. The 2 min drill.

BEST Nico IS "The Real Deal"

WORST
Old Dominion screwing up handing Cheater Beamer a Home Opener FCS Loss

ODU is FBS now. Still funny to see SC stuck with this coach now that he doesn't have inside information on any opponent.

Reactions: Teeman and TAF
Kalen D keeping Milroe in after halftime to run points up lol.
There were a lot of blowouts this weekend. I can’t really fault the coaches as the playoff committee showed that they will reward teams that show they can absolutely dominate lesser opponents.

Best: Iamaleava's ability to drop intermediate and long special deliveries, especially the ones over the middle. Catchable, on time, and on target.

But also special mention to Dylan Sampson for looking awesome out there.

Worst: The SEC on ABC presentation this weekend. Theme-wise especially, but also show-wise. Low energy. Not a selling point. Feels like the SEC went backward, not forward.
What irritates me the most about ABC is they don’t mute the crowd noise at all. You can’t even hear the announcers, not that’s necessarily a bad thing, over the crowd noise. I would like to hear what they are saying when they televise us though.

Given it was over 100 degrees on the field, I guess the term “fair weather fans” comes to mind. If I was able to attend, I can assure you I would have been there to the end.

Uhmm

If you were there, you'd understand. My wife was on the verge of passing out, and we were leaving at half time. Fortunately for us, some friends with seats in the shade messaged us the there were a few empty spots beside them. We sat with them amd were there until the end.

I have only been to a few games that were as miserably hot. Thankfully it was against an opponent that couldn’t put up a fight and make it a close game.
Neyland can be an absolute oven, especially this time of year on the visitors side

There were a lot of blowouts this weekend. I can’t really fault the coaches as the playoff committee showed that they will reward teams that show they can absolutely dominate lesser opponents.
Should’ve done that in the first half, even if they got gifted 14 points off interceptions ;)

Uhmm

If you were there, you'd understand. My wife was on the verge of passing out, and we were leaving at half time. Fortunately for us, some friends with seats in the shade messaged us the there were a few empty spots beside them. We sat with them amd were there until the end.

I have only been to a few games that were as miserably hot. Thankfully it was against an opponent that couldn’t put up a fight and make it a close game.
The older I get the less appealing these early starts the first month of the season are.

Some interesting notes in the secondary. With Rickey Gibson out, Jalen McMurray earned the start over Jordan Matthews. However, Matthews ended up being the highest graded Vol cornerback. Backup safeties Christian Charles and Jakobe Thomas earned better grades than both Will Brooks and Andre Turrentine. At the STAR spot, Christian Harrison and Boo Carter almost earned the exact same grades.

Watching live and it seemed like Tyre West was dominating and he earned the highest grade on the defense. Arion Carter didn’t seem to make plays and he earned the lowest grade of any Vol that played at least 12 snaps. It was only one game but it was a disappointing start to the season for the sophomore linebacker.

Star LEO James Pearce Jr played only 10 snaps where he earned a 60.1 grade. Expect a much larger workload next week in Charlotte.

Reactions: walkenvol
The absolute number one thing that has me extremely optimistic is that our receivers didn’t drop balls that were put right on the money. Thorton dropped an absurd amount of would be touchdowns last year and he looked like he’s going to be a problem for other teams this year.

Reactions: SpookyAction
The worse thing for me is that 66 points was against Nooga instead Bama, Ga, or Fla.

Some interesting notes in the secondary. With Rickey Gibson out, Jalen McMurray earned the start over Jordan Matthews. However, Matthews ended up being the highest graded Vol cornerback. Backup safeties Christian Charles and Jakobe Thomas earned better grades than both Will Brooks and Andre Turrentine. At the STAR spot, Christian Harrison and Boo Carter almost earned the exact same grades.

Watching live and it seemed like Tyre West was dominating and he earned the highest grade on the defense. Arion Carter didn’t seem to make plays and he earned the lowest grade of any Vol that played at least 12 snaps. It was only one game but it was a disappointing start to the season for the sophomore linebacker.

Star LEO James Pearce Jr played only 10 snaps where he earned a 60.1 grade. Expect a much larger workload next week in Charlotte.
Expected a much more rapid star ascent for Carter. Now I’m prone to seeing Telander as the more instinctive alpha type and Spillman not waiting his turn.

Reactions: RockY ToP 85

VN Store

Back